Ace of Diamonds

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

chickpea1979

Ace of Diamonds

Post by chickpea1979 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:20 am

Get Many Different Types Of Tarot Readings Now! Absolutely Free!
Astrology Tarot, Crystal Tarot, Tarot Numerology and More...
Hello Everyone! :smt006

I know that my query is in relation to playing cards, so I hopw it is ok to post it under this section.

What does the ace of diamonds mean. I was walking in my house the other evening and there was a solitary playing card lying face down on the floor in front of me. I picked it up and it was the ace of diamonds. Can anyone shed any light on this.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Chickpea

Paulette

Post by Paulette » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:06 pm

Hi Chickepea,

Regular playing cards came from Tarot. So it's fine (I think) to post your question here.

I first learned how to read cards with a regular ones.

Diamonds = Pentacles/Coins

Ace of Diamonds has the same meaning as the Ace of Pentacles. It's a very fortuitous card. Here's a link I found which I think is pretty good at explaining its various meanings: http://www.learntarot.com/pa.htm

Cheers,

Paulette

Abhishek
Site Admin

Post by Abhishek » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:00 pm

the site doesnt open for me... could you possibly post something about it here?

Thanks, this is amazing.

Abhishek

Paulette

Post by Paulette » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:51 pm

Sorry about that!

This is a page from the above link from Joan Bunning's Tarot Site:

ACE OF PENTACLES

MATERIAL FORCE
PROSPERITY
PRACTICALITY
TRUST

ACTIONS

using material force
focusing on concrete results
having a real-world impact
working with the physical
achieving tangible results
improving the body/health
becoming involved with nature

prospering
having the means to reach a goal
enjoying abundance
drawing to you what you need
flourishing
seeing efforts rewarded
increasing assets
experiencing growth

being practical
using common sense
getting down-to-earth
taking advantage of what works
being realistic
grounding yourself in the real world
accepting the tools at hand

proceeding with trust
believing in the good faith of others
feeling safe and protected
knowing you have total security
operating from a known position
having a support system
knowing the situation is stable
consolidating a firm base

ACE-ACE PAIRS

An Ace-Ace pair shows that a new spirit is entering your life.
It draws on the energy of the Ace of Pentacles:
--- prosperity, abundance, trust, security, groundedness
plus one of these:
--- Ace of Wands: creativity, excitement, adventure, courage, personal power
--- Ace of Cups: deep feelings, intimacy, attunement, compassion, love
--- Ace of Swords: intelligence, reason, justice, truth, clarity, perseverance

DESCRIPTION

The Ace of Pentacles is a symbol of possibility in the area of prosperity, abundance, trust, security and groundedness. In readings, it shows that a seed of productivity has been planted in your life although you may not yet recognize it. When the seed sprouts, it could take almost any form. It might be a feeling of centeredness, desire for results or need to focus on practical matters. On the outside, it could be an offer, gift, opportunity, encounter or synchronistic event.

When you see this Ace, examine your life to see how its solid energy could work for you. Now is not the time for fantasy, drama or daring. It is a time to be real and centered. Seek out comfortable, reliable experiences that make you feel secure. Build a foundation of trust in your life both within and without. Your common sense will tell you what to do. Focus also on the natural world to help you stay grounded. Enjoy your body and all the joys of material existence.

The Ace of Pentacles can be a sign that you will be able to make your dreams real. Your ideas are ready to be turned into something tangible. Figure out what will work and make it a reality. You can now attract all the wealth you need to get your projects going. Tap into the material force of the Ace of Pentacles, and all your enterprises will flourish.

Abhishek
Site Admin

Post by Abhishek » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:07 pm

so if the modern day playing card was derived from tarot cards. if there any place i can find out what all these different cords mean? i mean the normal cards mean in relation to the tarot cards.

Thanks

Paulette

Post by Paulette » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:53 pm

Hi Abhishek,

There are a lot of Tarot web-sites which cover the history of Tarot. I believe they usually explain the correspondance between current day playing cards & the ancient symbols of Tarot. One theory is that Tarot cards came from ancient Chinese currency. The Chinese had a game where they used their currency in gambling games & the money had symbols on it & was actually used like we use playing cards today. Other theories are that Tarot came from the Gypsies in Persia, Turkey & India And then moved west into Europe. Another theory claims that the very oldest & first Tarot cards were from Egypt. No one knows for certain.

Here is a link on the history of Tarot: http://www.hermeticgoldendawn.org/Docum ... starot.htm

I believe there is information about the suits in regular playing cards & how they related to Tarot. The main difference between regular playing cards & that of Tarot is that playing cards of today do not have the 22 major arcana or trump cards. The only surviving member from that group into the modern game card playing deck is the Joker who I guess is either the Fool or Magician from Tarot.

If this link will not open then you should be able to copy it into your browser in order to view the article. Actually it's a book written by the (I think British) occultist  S.L. MacGregor Mathers. If you search Dogpile or Google you can find a lot of information on Tarot's history & the connection to playing cards. You may even do a search to find a site which is solely about using playing cards as a divination tool. I am certain someone must have creted a site for playing cards.

If you are interested in a recent book about Tarot may I recommend, The Tarot : History, Symbolism, and Divination by Robert Place:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/158542 ... e&n=283155

If you have trouble with this link you can easily find the book information on Amazon by searching via book title or author's name.

Cheers,

Paulette

chickpea1979

Thanks for your prompt reply

Post by chickpea1979 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:06 am

Hi Paulette,

Thank you for your compreensive replies. It is strange because the minute I saw the card I felt that there was a message behind it.....I was meant to find it. I agree with Abhishek, this is interesting and amazing.

Do you read tarot cards Paulette?

Have yourself a good day.

Chickpea  :smt023

Abhishek
Site Admin

Re: Thanks for your prompt reply

Post by Abhishek » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:03 am

chickpea1979 wrote:It is strange because the minute I saw the card I felt that there was a message behind it.....I was meant to find it.
i know exactly how that feels... finding something, the not so subtle message it tries to send.

so, since this card is all good. i'd be waiting to hear what happens next.

Abhishek

Deborah

I posted this months ago

Post by Deborah » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:11 pm

let me find the link

Deborah

cards

Post by Deborah » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:14 pm

Abhishek
Site Admin

Post by Abhishek » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:17 pm

debbie, you took all this time to a thread? you stink of elephant pooooo  :smt003

(hey sorry you guys for hijacking this thread but debbie and me have a serious battle goin on  :smt005 )

http://www.MysticBoard.com/viewtopic.php?t=6986

nJOI !

chickpea1979

Post by chickpea1979 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:28 am

Hi Abhishek,

:smt006

I shall keep you posted on proceedings, so here is hoping it will be good!!!

Thanks,
Chickpea

chickpea1979

Post by chickpea1979 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:30 am

Hi Deb, :smt006

Thanks for the links. How are things with you?

Chickpea

Return to “Tarot”