Cartomancy Discussion

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

GeminiStar

Post by GeminiStar » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:07 am

I just ordered the Rider Waite cards Universal and it comes with a book. I can't wait.
"I Love to be Happy!!!"

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:47 am

Dont count too much on the book, if it is the small booklet that comes with the deck. I say this, because it is very brief and not too detailed.

All the best and let us know how you get on.

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:03 am

Hi Geministar,

It's great to know you are getting the "right stuff"! We are running tutorials and you can gain a lot of information from it. As Cedars said, the LWB doesn't have much in it.

Before you go and start spending money on expensive books, take it one step at a time.

Some advise I can give you:
When you get your cards, become familiar with them by "playing" just handling them. Look at the images and what they tell you.

Clean them of unwanted energies. This is done by smudging them with incense smoke. --NOT THE ASH!!

YOU DON'T EVEN NEED TO LOOK AT THE BOOK!!!!!!!

Start by building and writing down your own interpretations for each card. You can use the LWB as a rough guide, after you have derived your "meaning". You must also decide if you want to read "upright only or upright and reversed." This will influence the number of meanings you have for the cards. To read upright and reversed, as I do, at times, give more information and actually show the "nasties" in life clearer. But, this is a personal choice.

Another matter to consider very carefully, is the spread you wish to focus on. When you "start" with Tarot, how much information do you want to know, or be able to transfer to your querant?

Many readers may not agree with me, but I find the Celtic Cross to be the "easiest" to do. Doing it from word go, will give you the mindset of "I can search and find". It is most important in this spread to remember how the cards fit together and what are the commonalities, then you can see how past influences alter the "now" and project into the "future".  Then again, you can build your own spreads to determine a certain outcome.

You are at the right place to ask questions and have access good tutorials, without having to fork out a cent!

Happy Tarotising.

Blessed be.

GeminiStar

Post by GeminiStar » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:13 pm

Thanks guys!!
"I Love to be Happy!!!"

George

Post by George » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:00 am

GeminiStar wrote:I just ordered the Rider Waite cards Universal and it comes with a book. I can't wait.
 Good for you and welcome to a whole new world and how you look at it! :smt020
plud it just so much fun!
:smt006
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

GeminiStar

Received My Tarot Cards

Post by GeminiStar » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:34 pm

Hi Guys, just wanted to let you know I just received my Tarot Cards and they are beautiful. Thank you for the suggestion of Universal Waite deck. Also I did receive the little book and also a larger one called "The Pictorial Key to the Tarot" by Arthur Edward Waite. The little book gave a short bio on the artist of the cards -it was interesting. I can't wait to get started. I'm looking forward to any opinions about learning. Thanks!!
"I Love to be Happy!!!"

George

Re: Received My Tarot Cards

Post by George » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:26 pm

GeminiStar wrote:Hi Guys, just wanted to let you know I just received my Tarot Cards and they are beautiful. Thank you for the suggestion of Universal Waite deck. Also I did receive the little book and also a larger one called "The Pictorial Key to the Tarot" by Arthur Edward Waite. The little book gave a short bio on the artist of the cards -it was interesting. I can't wait to get started. I'm looking forward to any opinions about learning. Thanks!!
the books are always nice to read and found out some history and can be  good start but don't let them be the finish.   :smt002  never stop learning and never stop having fun with your cards.   :smt003
are we going to see in the Tarot Reading forum anything soon!   :smt020  
good luck!  :smt006
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

Return to “Tarot”