Question regarding reading

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

zeldaevolution

Question regarding reading

Post by zeldaevolution » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:58 pm

It's been a long time... Greetings to everyone :D

Recently I remembered that I were to study tarot but due to circumstances I neglected the matter for a very long time. It seems like my passion has drought out because of personal matters...

But today I have a simple question, can it be possible, that I draw a cards, and then another person reads those cards for me?

That's all for now and I might possible ask again in the near future.

Cheers~!

Edit:

I just noticed everyone being helped in readings... so I decided to just maybe I could ask for some help too?

I tried by using 3 cards, for past, present, and future.

1st (Past): reversed Two of Pentacles
2nd (Present): Five of Wands
3rd (Future): The Lovers

I put my reading by just for a month, so it's for the last month, this month, and the next month.

Reading for previous month: My interpretation about this is having issues on choosing which side to focus on, between doing two important things at the same time that have different roads; I haven't picked anything yet between those two but I think the card was quite accurate for to me, the key word for here is 'Choice'

This month: Five of Wands. I don't quite get it... Seems like there is conflict but no fighting. I don't quite get on what this means. Can anyone help me on this?

Next month: The Lovers. This card surprised me like I just saw a piece of cloud from the heavens. but to think that I realized some time later that it can be someone or something, I sighed without me noticing. I just wonder what other meaning can this card have, as it really kicked me from thinking properly so I just decided to get some help... By someone or something, I meant that there might possibly be coming to me soon that will be another forked road that when choosing one may lead to another in regret or joy.

To think that I have been seeing other people easy but hard on myself, I guess I'm me in an ironically way?  :smt002

Can anyone please guide me?

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:54 am

Hi ZE,

I want to have a short rest and will try to help you in an hour or so.

Blessed be.

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:06 am

OOOO ZE,

I'm so sorry not to have done your "help", but work got in the way :smt009

Will do quickly and post.

Hugz

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:09 am

ZE,

What I'm going to post is purely theoretical and just "info", lots of info. Read it all carefully, perhaps print it and the you sit and make notes as you go along, once you've done that, you would also have learnt a lot about the cards.

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:42 am

Hi  ZE,
Ok let’s start. I’ve listed the card meanings for you, remember it’s pure theoretical.
Card 1
Past.

Two of Pentacles (Reversed)
Card Description.

A person holding a pentacle in each hand doing a balancing act, it can also be seen as an act of juggling. The reversed figure eight lying on its side connecting and enveloping the two Pentacles. In the background are two ships passing.

Meaning: “Balance/duality”

This card signifies gaiety and recreation. But, in new projects or planned projects, predicts some difficulty to establish financial security and stability. It explains how you would need to manage the finances. Clearly with preponderance and careful planning. You may need to play one project of against the other, or invest most of your resources and then struggle to keep the wolves from the door. This card also indicate some written instruction or messages and news, likely legal. These are likely to be obstacles, trouble and agitation.

Reversed
Forced enjoyment, lack of financial stability. Clumsy financial management. Bad news and written messages (legal notices). Trouble, doubt and worries.

Your financial planning and implementation, lacks the proper balance. The troubles ahead are not calculated risks. You put yourself in such a vulnerable position that you may start receiving legal notices and may expect legal action against you. The resources you have, are insufficient to be able to finance and maintain the project you are in or are planning. Your ability to handle more than one thing at a time is doubtful and most probably ill-conceived.  Find your balance and maintain your status quo, rather than losing more than you should.

Card 2
Present
Five of Wands (Upright)

Card Description.
On a beach are five young men with Wands, engaged in a training session or mock fight.

Meaning: “A test of skill”
The five of Wands denotes a time of uncertainty. The testing of your skill, abilities and determination. During this time it seems as if everything you do is an uphill battle, it’s a time in which obstacles needs to be overcome to achieve anything worthwhile. The card also symbolizes the fight for wealth and opulence. Your riches and gains will not fall into your lap, you need to work hard and fight your opposition to attain it.

Upright:
Uncertainty, fight for wealth and fortune, competition. Planning and strategizing.

You are or have entered a time in which you are not really sure what to do; it’s an area you haven’t explored before. In this sense you have to learn as you go. There is strenuous opposition around you. Therefore it makes it so much harder to achieve your goals. One thing is sure, that when you have fought the good battle, you will be armed with knowledge, understanding and power. When others get to the point you are now, they too will fight you for that portion you achieved. With your experience and knowledge you will be able to fight back victoriously. But remember, the most important thing never to forget, is that this is also a time of planning and strategizing to retain your agility.

Card 3
Future

The Lovers.
Meditation.

The primary message of this card is the union between a man and a woman as in the act of marriage or hand-fasting. However it continues to point to the union of two separate facets within ourselves. This, not as in the Chariot, where opposing characteristics are described, but more the blending of the male and female aspect within each of us, no matter which sex we are or sexual orientation. It also brings to consideration that we are all subject to the vices of men and woman, and how to deal with temptations.

The red mound, auspiciously placed between the man and woman, reminds to earlier renditions of this card, where we find two women, the theme being that of choice or temptation.

In early Renaissance decks, this card was called simply Love. These were based on betrothal portraits with a blindfolded Cupid. The blindfold of Cupid reminded of his indiscriminate and disruptive nature. These qualities was then safely contained by the blindfold and vows of marriage. The Cary-Yale Visconti Lovers also included a small dog as seen on the Fool card, a common symbol of fidelity. With the birth of the Tarot of Marseilles, the title became “the Lovers” and we find a fourth figure added to the card, possibly a priest performing the ceremony.

On Jean Noblet Lovers card, produced later than Jacques Veville, the priest was transformed to another woman, who becomes a second choice for the man as central figure.

Here we see the man has a choice between virtue and sensuality with one woman crowned with a Laurel wreath and the other with flowers, Cupid was still blindfolded, but in subsequent decks, the blindfold was dropped and love became a conscious choice.

The Raider Waite deck shows a single angel poring influence on the two naked figures, with the Sun, reminding us of the possibility that the union is blessed and instituted by God.

Upright.
Love, union, marriage. It also signifies a choice you need to make between spiritual or sensual and between intuition and reason.

I’m giving you the discussions on each “number value” as well; Although we are not working with the CC, which has a numeric sequence from one to ten, you may want to consider these values.

THE TWO’S
Looking at these cards, we can see the intrinsic message of “balance and dualities”. Widening our perspective, we look at the Major Arcanum card ruling all the Two’s, being the High-Priestess. We look at either obtaining balance, or having a rollercoaster of up’s and down’s.

With the Ace’s we find the first spark, thought, idea. In the two’s we now add the next step. To a large extend we say we now receive, direction in our act or thought process. The first practicall application to our initial thought.

However, we cannot only see these cards as the direction. Looking at them, we need to consider the joining of two seperate forces, the possible divition of a single entity, or the normal positive and the appropriate negative force working against what we perceive as a good influence. Each card displayes a prominent message, and we can also see which of them pertains to an individual  or corresponding part of a person’s life.

Looking at the symbolism of each card. Swords has a lot more Water than Air! We also see a crescent Moon, linking to the High Priestess. Two of Cups, the woman has a stronger link to the High-Priestess, the man, is dressed as the Fool? The two Cups has a square base each, of which we can only see two sides.

Pentacles, has the Infinity symbol, with a Pentacle in each loop. The display of the ever changing financial situation we find ourselves in? In understanding this, how much is enough money? You can be a beggar, but have enough, or a millionaire and never have enough? Look at the sea behind the “jester”, it’s stormy and not stable at all.

Moving on to the Wands. The very first striking symbolism, is the lily and rose, this is a direct link to the Magician. We also see, the person, the Wands and the Globe are stable and “fixed”. One in hand, the other attached to a solid structure. This card primarily denotes the possibility of expansion, from a fixed profile to a more variable mindset.

But, we shouldn’t only limit our understanding of dualities on these cards only. They have symbolism associating them with a number of Major Arcanum cards. To be able to discuss the symbolism and the links, is a topic on it’s own and extremely extensive. This topic will be discussed on it’s own and as a seperate chapter.

THE FIVES
In the Fives we see the “outer realization” of life, This number is the balancing factor between Aleph (1) and Yod (10).

We can consider that beyond He/Hay (5) we may have the start of degeneration or positive development of Aleph, through Beth, Gimmel, Dallet, into Hay. All five letters are in the Archetypal, where we see them already uplifting themselves into the Existential and Cosmic levels of energy and consciousness.
We also need to see that this is the point of creation, where God, created balance, to be a fixed point of control or swivel, for Aleph and Yod in the Life-Death principal of our being.

We can see that in He/Hay/5, Life is a balance in the Archetypal of our Aleph - inner and outer thoughts and primary energies – completing in Teth/Tayt. Firstly it resists Dallet/Daleth (4) the inner uncontrolled flow of the primary energies, Aleph (1) - Beth/Bayt (2) – Gimmel/Ghimmel (3); and our outer thought processes and energies. It remains the first propagator of Vav/Waw (6) itself, and builds structures to explore possibilities for consciousness and further development, in the following letters;
Zain/Zayn (7) – Cheth/Hayt (8) – Teth/Tayt (9).

The fives are the “Life pulse” not Life itself. God created man on the sixth day. The life-pulse 5 (He/Hay) is the prime and Vav/Waw-6, the vehicle.

THE SIXES
Being ruled by the Lovers, 6 – Vav/Waw, Gemini.
Vav is the addition of the male fertility and uplifts into the existential in 60 Samech - Capricorn, the female fertility and into the Cosmic 600
Fertility is an addition after we have the turmoil and resistance in 5 – Hay. The active development and victory over the fives is described and outlined. This is the first step at which we need to practice restraint and not only consider the first victory as a permanent result, without our positive participation. We are also reminded that in ourselves we have the abilities to maintain our own victory.

Thus we have Vav (6), Samech (60) and Mem as final in 600. If we look at a basic upliftment of Vav into Samech, we have the bondage and future restraint in the Devil, (60) Samech. When we blend the two cards and positions, the positive and negative aspect is revealed, considering the mirror of Vav, being Samech. Yet, bringing Vav into the existential, releases its fertility and becoming a positive or negative point of reproduction in itself. If we place The Lovers (6) and the Devil (60) next to each other, we see that the relationship may turn out to be more of bondage, with greater desire for the physical manifestation of our sexual and mundane needs.

All the sixes is controlled or ruled by The Lovers. We need to look for the possibilities of a union, coming together, be it in a relationship with your lover or a basic friendship or business partnership. Our focus can also be directed to being a blending of our own desperate opposing characteristics, those forces within each of us, choice or seduction, stability or chaos?

GO THROUGH THIS AND THEN WE CAN DISCUSS ANY QUESTIONS.

Blessed be

zeldaevolution

Post by zeldaevolution » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:23 pm

I think it all makes clear to me, gradually...

This early morning I understood the value of life more than I had, even when it was just for a little.
The ongoing present events that give me new experience but it was as like I can't understand everything that is coming to me yet...
It's like the world is changing every day without me noticing at a fast pace, time seems to be too slow for me, and I'm being left.
There's this thing what I call 'asleep' when my body does not function as what I expect it to do, and it's I'm being 'asleep' too many times lately...

I wonder what the Lovers card tell, it's as if I'm confused and I know something at the same time

I just draw a single card after reading everything.....

Reversed Five of Cups

Looks like I'm a little lost...

I plan not to draw any card further after this until I have my resolution on the events happening to me... still I have a question.
But, we shouldn’t only limit our understanding of dualities on these cards only. They have symbolism associating them with a number of Major Arcanum cards. To be able to discuss the symbolism and the links, is a topic on it’s own and extremely extensive. This topic will be discussed on it’s own and as a seperate chapter.
Can I know more about these?

I still have another question in mind too but I think it will be for later...

Thanks for the help Payewacker, it's been a long time, too

Cheers~
I'm still a kid when I reach my 40s, that's for sure.
I'm grown up when I'm 70, that's a bull's eye.
When I get to 120, it's probably that God will call me some time later... because he set up my bed for me ^__^

zeldaevolution

Post by zeldaevolution » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:58 pm

I think I have understood even for a little bit what the Lovers card means...

Since the start of the month, I have always been tested; by great challenges and tests, each of them given to me as a choice...
will I do this over that? will I do this or that? it's always been a yes or no and a do it or no type of game within me.

I wonder if I can survive this fight just enough that I can win

I feel like the heavens and earth are colliding slowly upon each other slowly, changing everything on the way...

Peace.

zeldaevolution
When I get to 120, it's probably that God will call me some time later... because he set up my bed for me ^__^

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:27 am

Hi,

I know that english is not your first language and the info I can give you is really intensive and "complicated". But I think, if you take it one step at a time you will derive an understanding;

Let us start with this:
Vav/Waw.

Biological process:
Reproduces itself.

Vav expresses the fertilising agent, that which impregnates. It is the direct result of Hay upon Dallet.

Vav/Waw is the male copulative principle whereas Samech 60, its mirror on the existential level is female and receives and concentrate energy.

The archetype of life (Hay, 5) follows the archetype of resistance (Dallet, 4) and leads to the archetype of copulation or Union.

Vav/Waw-6, Translation.
Life, the response to the motion of material animated by spirit, proliferates.

Vav is the copulative element (the male energy) the primary or fundamental act of fertilisation. It is male in both its action and its form or representation. It is interesting that it is an archetype for potential belonging to the first row, while it’s projection in the existence-space-time called Samech-60, is the female sex.

Focusing on the middle of the archetypal level, life resists on the Dallet side and reproduces into existence on the Vav/Waw side.

Second Triad.
4-5-6

Vav/Waw spelled Vav-Vav is simply a copy of itself. Another letter of the Hebrew alphabet, Mem, spelled Mem-Mem has itself for a root Vav/Waw fertilises, Mem receives. Besides appearing in itself, Vav/Waw contributes to the spelling of Yod, Noun, Qof and Tav, where it is the connecting agent between existence and resistance (Yod), between inner life and outer life in, life-in-existence. Noun between cosmic consciousness and real possibilities (Qof) and between Tav and the rest of the alphabet.

Go to this link:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B5yuZl ... gzMWFhYzll

I want you to remember that this is a cold theoretical approach, it is a good thing to render a good understanding in this sense before you start moving into the spiritual. Perhaps we should walk the road of numbers, then you will have a very good understanding of how each alpha-numeric and triads in the kaballah works.

Blessed be

zeldaevolution

Post by zeldaevolution » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:00 am

Ok. I'll try to learn more about this in detail...

Return to “Tarot”