Found Tarot deck of 22, now what?

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Cusp73

Found Tarot deck of 22, now what?

Post by Cusp73 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:04 pm

I am purging items for a move & came across two tarot decks, one is a complete deck of 78 & I do recall using this one deck; the other only has 22 cards in it, I don't recall using it & wanted to dispose of them.

First, I really do not recall how I even obtained them & is it possible to buy a deck of just 22 cards?  They are illustrated by Grimaud in 1981, the text is just in French with the Roman numerals on them & one card that does not have a number on it.  They are in a ziploc bag, so not even in a case that I likely bought them in, the whole thing is really bizarre that I have zero recollection of this deck in particular.

Is there a proper way to dispose of them - just throw them out, burn them?  I don't believe I ever did a reading with them & don't have a corresponding guide for the cards.  Or, am I supposed to give them to someone?  Or!  Should I just hang on to them forever despite not wanting/needing to use them?

Lunesoleil

Re: Found Tarot deck of 22, now what?

Post by Lunesoleil » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:59 am

Cusp73 wrote:First, I really do not recall how I even obtained them & is it possible to buy a deck of just 22 cards?  They are illustrated by Grimaud in 1981, the text is just in French
HI Cusp73

In France 22 arcane game is the tarot of Marseilles, there are still several variant of tarot of Marseille and not specifically of grimaud. I have a tarot of Marseille, the read circulation used in France is the draw on the cross. With the for the left, right, against INTERVENING at the top, resulting in low and the calculation of the figures of the four is a synthesis which is at the centre

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... highlight=

personal interpretation  

good meditation
[initiative]*[décision]*[évaluation]*[réorganisation]

Cusp73

Post by Cusp73 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:33 pm

Hi Lunesoleil,

Thanks for the reply, you answered one of my questions & provided a lot of information, and thank you for the additional links.  The deck has become more intriguing to me, I think I will be keeping it!  :)

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:53 am

Hi Cusp
The deck should not gnaw at you if you want to get rid of it. I dont follow myths and superstitions on whether I should give it to someone or sell or whatever. Do not feel that you have to keep it if you dont want to. Do not bring in all this dark mystery towards the tarot cards as regards how, why, who and if.....

If this deck is not meant to be with you, the right home will be revealed to you sooner or later. That happened to me with the Celtic Dragon deck... I could not connect with it and one day the right person did show up and I gave it to her :)

Enjoy whichever deck you use.

Cusp73

Update :)

Post by Cusp73 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:37 pm

Thanks again to those that replied.  I did end up keeping the deck, and glad I did as during my purge I found the corresponding guide to the deck!!  I knew it was around here somewhere, why I didn't keep it with the deck ??  ;)

I am moving soon, will be living with a friend for the summer so the majority of my stuff will be in storage, but I have set aside all of my tarot and palmistry stuff to finally be able to delve back into it.  I am looking forward to getting back in touch with this side of things. :)

Return to “Tarot”