Help with the Tower card

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

heyitsalyssa

Help with the Tower card

Post by heyitsalyssa » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:05 pm

Three separate times I did a past/present/future spread, the Tower ended up in the future slot.

I did those three readings to try and gain some insight on the relationship between me and someone i'm interested in. the Tower, in a book I have, is interpreted as: sudden change; radical shifts in perception; unexpected news or awareness; breaking free from outworn routines.

honestly, i think the odds of my feelings being reciprocated by this person (who is already a close friend) are low, but the Tower is telling me otherwise.

i came into this a skeptic but honestly, how does one get the same card in the same position three separate times? i promise i'm shuffling well!  :smt002

tell me what you think it could mean in that context. thanks (:[/i]
"no, /you're/ a star."

*Happi*Happi*Joi*Joi*

Post by *Happi*Happi*Joi*Joi* » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:59 pm

You said, you came into this as a skeptic. But the card is giving you reason to believe. Maybey, you should give more trust to your cards and yourself. What does the tower mean to you?

cedars
Tarot reader

Re: Help with the Tower card

Post by cedars » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:16 pm

heyitsalyssa wrote:Three separate times I did a past/present/future spread, the Tower ended up in the future slot.

I did those three readings to try and gain some insight on the relationship between me and someone i'm interested in. the Tower, in a book I have, is interpreted as: sudden change; radical shifts in perception; unexpected news or awareness; breaking free from outworn routines.

honestly, i think the odds of my feelings being reciprocated by this person (who is already a close friend) are low, but the Tower is telling me otherwise.

i came into this a skeptic but honestly, how does one get the same card in the same position three separate times? i promise i'm shuffling well!  :smt002

tell me what you think it could mean in that context. thanks (:[/i]
I do not believe the tower is telling you otherwise.  Whilst you don't tell us what the present card was, the Tower could only mean that whatever you are assuming, envisaging or hoping to happen with this friend, will probably go the opposite way. It may also mean for your to have a complete overhaul of your mindset in this matter and possibly break free from any chains that you may have about or towards this person in your 'secret' expectations.
How come you are getting the same card over and over again? No one knows. But get the message rather than question the 'how come'.

As I said, just giving us the One card is  not enough for us to see the continuity of the cards' messages in your spread.

helentucker

the tower

Post by helentucker » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:06 am

hiya,
the tower appearing usually makes me draw my breath in somewhat too!  but mostly i feel it is a card of ultimate truth....whenever i experience its energy it has cut to the heart of a truth that i have been denying myself to see about another or a situation.

the truth is something that so many of us humans seem to like to avoid, im still working on why that is (!), so it can be a shock when we cut through the layers of lies and see it.  

better the truth than not i feel, but it can feel painful in its first revelations.

love and best wishes

Tarotbycyndee

My thoughts on the Tower

Post by Tarotbycyndee » Wed May 22, 2013 7:29 pm

Most people i've come into contact with, are usually not happy when they see the tower card. some are even afraid of it. I use to be afraid of it. But now i look at it from a different perspective.

I've had one teacher tell me that when ever she saw the Tower it was a guarantee that quarent would be moving. I dont know if i agree with this, although i did it see it once in a reading. With a few months of that ready, the quarent moved into her now husbands home.

My opinion: the tower shows SHOCK. if you look at the faces on the card of the people falling, its a look of shock. The tower is being struck by lighting, signifies to me, us, the readers or quarant be hit by lighting - our intuition. its a wake up call. The tower is being destroyed, this is a destruction of our foundation. By breaking down old walls, ways of thinking, life scenarios ect, we can begin to lay a new stronger foundation.

The card keeps popping up for you, because its trying to get its message across and until you've received this message, it will continue to show up. amazing how tarot works =)
Blessings,
Cyndee

Return to “Tarot”