Second Opinions on Readings

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

ScientificMystic

Second Opinions on Readings

Post by ScientificMystic » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:05 pm

I recently received a reading from an acquaintance of mine.  She seemed confused during the reading, and admitted that she hadn't done a reading in a long time.  The reading she gave me left me a bit confused as well.  Not with any sort of internal struggle, but more-so over the actual reading itself.

The spread was a Celtic Cross in a deck consisting of only major arcana.  She never indicated that I should have a question in mind, though I did in fact have one.  I know a scant bit about Tarot reading, so I'm not sure if there is anything off about this, but I wasn't very confident in her interpretations, particularly because at one point she confused the Hierophant with the Hermit and interpreted it as such.  She ended up guessing that my reading was indicating that I needed to move out of my current home.  However, I memorized the layout of my spread from the reading, and everything I read seemed to indicate that the reading was about a relationship (which was more in line with the question on my mind).  I'm no reader though, just a man with an over-analytical brain and a decent memory.

She read two of my friends afterwords and seemed to hit the nail on the head for both of them.  Her interpretations seemed spot on, and she even got one of my friends to admit to a situation he was going through that he hadn't told anybody about besides myself and one other person.

Is it possible she just didn't do well on the reading, or is it poor form for me to second-guess my reader when I have such little understanding of these things?  Should I have the same spread interpreted by a different reader, or should I just wait a while and get read again by somebody else in the future?

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:31 am

Wow...... wow.....
May be she was having a bad day.... May be she was more interpretive than intuitive.... may be this and may be that...... There are many may be's.....

So, my advice would be for you to stop analysing this reading that you have had. Regular readings stop losing their meaning and you get conflicting messages from ......... up there somewhere..

It is unimportant whehter her other readings were spot on to friends; it is all irrlevant to your situation. She should have told you to have a question!! But, then agaihn, we only get told what we need to know. Even if you did not have a question, if in your subconscious the relationship was an issue, perhaps that is how the cards came forth.

As for confusing the Hierophant with the Hermit.....? Hmmmmmm dont know what to say there.

Let us say she was having an off day.

Stop pondering about the current reading. Get another one in the future and try not to ask If or Yes and No questions.

all the best.

ScientificMystic

Post by ScientificMystic » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:03 pm

Thanks so much for the response.  You're right.  I was definitely over-analyzing the reading.  I tend to do that quite a bit.  I had intended the reading to help me look at a situation in a manner that I hadn't considered through my normal thought process.  I've calmed my mind on that issue and the reading at this point.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:06 pm

Good for you :)

Return to “Tarot”