Reading Interpretation

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

cammy

Reading Interpretation

Post by cammy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:11 pm

I recently asked if an ex would be back in my life in a romantic way and got the 9 of wands, 9 of cups and 7 of pentacles. I am still new to this so any interpretation suggestions?

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:29 pm

Hello Cammy

I am constantly surprised as to why people ask IF questions to the Tarot and will say again what I have always said: IF questions cannot be answered well by the Tarot and, for that matter, by any other divination, unless one has got prophetic gifts and abilities…….. that is another matter.
Without going into my own personal views about ex’s and where they should stay….. I will go right into my own interpretation of your cards, but not deriving from your question IF he/she will be back in your life. You have received some answers here which do not exactly answer that question, but you be the judge of my interpretations. By the way, I am going by my own deck which is the Rider Waite. I don’t know what deck you used.

Nine of Wands represents self-preservation and staying away from trouble, pain and loss. The experiences of the past where one may have been through difficult times and hardship, are no longer desired and the querent will do his/her utmost best to avoid pain and failure at all cost, even if it means to shed blood for it. There is an immense sense of resistance to any recurrence of such events and the querent is very defensive about his/her own sanity, well being and survival.

The Nine of Cups is, on the other hand, showing me a state of being content with what one has got and achieved in life so far. I can’t help feeling that this is you, the one who has achieved and attained almost all the comforts and even inner satisfaction and one day just thought if his/her ex would come back….  If this is you, enjoy your current state and be grateful.

With the Seven of Pentacles, there is a waiting game or a waiting period in store. Whatever you have worked on, needs time to mature and bear its fruits. The waiting-in state can be frustrating, but sitting and looking at it will not do your sanity any good. Just get on with your life and let the waiting take care of itself. You have done your best, you cannot make things happen if the timing is not right. So, stop the waiting game and get out there and enjoy what you have been blessed in the nine of cups.

Hope this made sense to you.

Duchess1964

Hello

Post by Duchess1964 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:53 am

First off, I have to agree with what was said about where an ex should remain.  Never looking back is a good idea.  We learn from the past, so we do NOT repeat it.  That said ... which way were the cards facing when drawn?  Up or down?  In the case of the 9 of wands and cups, both will urge caution in either direction but one, the 9 of wands has the greater caution stated.  It draws more from past learning.  The 7 of Pentacles, however ... I would really prefer knowing which direction as the two are a bit more on the different side.

On a different level ... caution is a good thing.
Silver Phoenix

Return to “Tarot”