Readings going too deep

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri May 01, 2015 10:42 pm

Talia wrote:Hi, For me I just find your way impossible, with a querent sitting in front of you how can you possibly walk away and leave the reading? I presume you don't do any real life readings. It's not a matter of the number it is the reality of reading professionally.  Being reliable doing what is expected or sold, my words are letting me down it is so much easier to speak them.
But it can also be fun to do contest readings at a fate, where a short 15 minutes is offered then on to the next really sharpens up the senses:)

p.s I see it as an art not a science?
In Divinatory *crafts*, the law of individual variability aces over the law of averages :-)

Whatever works, whatever helps -- the reader as well as the seeker is what ultimately matters! ;-)

Love and Light and Reality?

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Talia

Post by Talia » Sat May 02, 2015 12:34 pm

Oh yes, but am I to understand that you see Tarot as a craft not a science or art? I need to think about that. Or are you divining me lol?

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon May 04, 2015 2:40 pm

Talia wrote:Oh yes, but am I to understand that you see Tarot as a craft not a science or art? I need to think about that. Or are you divining me lol?

Hi Talia,

Sorry I missed seeing this posting, hence the delay in response.

Firstly, in a few words my understanding of these terms:
Science: Main aim being simply knowing, preferably through deductive logic or at least for the most part.
Art: main aim being creation and embellishing creativity.
Craft: main aim being producing objects and devices, and *products* (including information) for preferably utilitarian purposes.

That said, in practical applications there is an element of all 3 that get commissioned. For instance in science an element of creativity (ART), as well as craft (skills, dexterity) is required as well as background knowledge in order to complete a properly laid out research design in experiments. The main aim, though, is focused on gaining knowledge about a phenomenon, a natural law etc.
Similarly, art in practice requires background knowledge and involves skill, dexterity – however expression of creativity and creating something new is the primary goal. Even beauty becomes secondary since art sometimes portrays ugliness in a rather powerful manner!
Finally, craft too involves background knowledge (training), skills and dexterity but the primary purpose is for producing something that can be of immediate practical importance (immediate being an important keyword!).

So, based on my above understanding, I would say that not only tarot but other divinatory crafts (e.g., horoscopy, palmistry and even psychic interpretations) too fall under the category of craft rather than art and/or science. Although preferences might vary, the purpose in the end is to produce and package information that might help the individual that needs an external counsel. When practising a divinatory craft through any or many modalities our quest is not solely about knowing or becoming more knowledgeable, nor is it to express our exercise our creativity.

As far as divining is concerned I avoid doing that solely to satisfy my curiosity.  Hopefully like other practitioners, I focus on my craft only when it is needed and requested by someone! ;-)

Love and light,

Rohiniranjan

{typos fixed. My pet dragon is new and still learning my speech <LOL>}

Talia

Post by Talia » Mon May 04, 2015 3:39 pm

Well I want to ask about your pet dragon now? You have puzzled me? Have you seen any of the dragon tarots?

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon May 04, 2015 3:50 pm

Talia wrote:Well I want to ask about your pet dragon now? You have puzzled me? Have you seen any of the dragon tarots?
No dear! Only recently (1-2 months) becoming drawn to Tarot. Complete newbie :-)

By dragon I meant the speech-to-type software. Lately, typing has become a bit limiting, hence plan B, as always ;-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Talia

Post by Talia » Mon May 04, 2015 4:43 pm

Now I understand more. So now I have to ask which tarot deck you may have? I think I know you have the Messages From The Angels oracle deck but have you any tarot? And how did you pick the cangel deck. oh I am so nosey.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon May 04, 2015 11:02 pm

Talia wrote:Now I understand more. So now I have to ask which tarot deck you may have? I think I know you have the Messages From The Angels oracle deck but have you any tarot? And how did you pick the cangel deck. oh I am so nosey.
Hi Talia,

As mentioned earlier, I am a newbie at best. Years ago came upon a combo book (has been so long - 45-50 years or so) on divinatory crafts which had a meaty segment on Tarot. I did get a deck back then but got distracted by jyotish big time :-)

A friend presented me with the osho deck but beautiful as it is, it did not get me started.

Although the concept of angels. angelic presence, guides of higher order is not new in my belief-system though spurred on with my attunement to Reiki in the 90s (that was quite a shift!) over the past year or so, indications began crossing my desk-of-awareness (Sorry, no dazzling angels appearing by my bedside or in dreams or anything like that or miraculous fluttering of wings etc). Sometimes I feel I am so boring for an occultist-divinator :-( &nbsp;particularly when I watch on tv and listen to thematically-related radio shows including George Noory's C-2-C-2-C etc.!

Then at a local meeting the topic came up and interestingly the last names struck a chord and an irresistable urge arose to look into this deck and now let us see where it leads me to...!

And no, not nosey at all. Your questions are perfectly germane although my answers must be pretty [DUH} stone-cold, boring...! My crystal story is way more interesting but I do not wish to distract you from your readings.

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Talia

Post by Talia » Tue May 05, 2015 10:12 am

You are such a fascinating person. I had to look up Jyotish and George Clooney C2C, but the Osho deck I am familiar with and it sits on my shelf daring me to pick it up again. It is very inspirational and not at all typically tarot. I did go through a phase of astrology it is very complicated and so fixed too. Crystals I love too .

And you are not distracting me, Sadly I have no requests here for me yet.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue May 05, 2015 1:59 pm

Talia wrote:You are such a fascinating person. I had to look up Jyotish and George Clooney C2C, but the Osho deck I am familiar with and it sits on my shelf daring me to pick it up again. It is very inspirational and not at all typically tarot. I did go through a phase of astrology it is very complicated and so fixed too. Crystals I love too .

And you are not distracting me, Sadly I have no requests here for me yet.
Lest I steer you in the wrong direction, Not Clooney, but Noory of the talk show "Coast to coast to coast AM", a show dedicated to stuff of great interest to us inhabitants of the Mystic Board Planet! &nbsp;:smt004

At the outset, all of these divinatory modalities seem fixed and rigid and this is how it should be if the craft and their fundamentals are to be learned properly, but once the craftsperson is prepared and spinning the potter's wheel, the rigid rules come into motion and become a panoply of dynamic choreography!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Tarot”