Confusing spread! Interpretation regarding a new relationship? (Picture included)

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

afarin

Confusing spread! Interpretation regarding a new relationship? (Picture included)

Post by afarin » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:09 am

Hey guys, I was hoping I might be able to get some more experienced clarification about a tarot spread I got after asking about the mindset of a guy. Basically, I was asking what his current feelings/mindset was about me and if he would talk to me again.

Just quick background info: I met him around a week ago, and he actually initiated the conversation and everything. Anyway, I'm pretty good at reading interaction (I don't try to lie to myself) and we genuinely had an instant connection on both sides. We spoke for hours and hours. A few days later we talked again, and it was still great, and we were both openly flirting and all that crap. I'm now wondering why he isn't initiating a conversation with me again or just being more direct in taking me out, etc.

I asked what his mindset was about me and if he would contact me again, and I duplicated the spread I got in image form for a visual aspect below.

Here's the text format of it as well:

celtic cross:
1 (hidden): Ace of Cups, upright
2: Nine of Swords, upright
3: Four of Cups, reversed
4: Three of Swords, reversed
5: Ace of Swords, reversed
6: Ace of Wands, reversed
7: Knight of Swords, upright
8: Eight of Pentacles, reversed
9: Five of Swords, reversed
10: The Empress, upright

Really appreciate any help! :)
Attachments
tarotspread.png
tarotspread.png (1.07 MiB) Viewed 5864 times

Hopi

wow

Post by Hopi » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:40 am

Start with position 5 past, history then read position 9 hopes and fears. This will help you to have a better idea because you know now the background of occurrences position 5 for the question asked and what the asker hopes and fears position 9. Next interpret the cards 1 and 2 as the present main impulse and observe what is consciously seen position 3 in the process and how it is anchored in the unconscious position 4. Then examine the attitude of the asker towards the topic position 7 the external influences or the surrounding environment position 8 before you finish with the prognostic cards in position 6 and 10. First be clear if this reflects your attitude or his because he was not present.

I hope this helps some!

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:31 am

There are different versions of the CC spread.... you should say the title of each placement with the one you have used.

xPersephonex

Post by xPersephonex » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:28 pm

Taking a glance at the spread it feels to me like it's going to be very on and off with this person...hot then cold.
There's a sense of rushing then halting, having periods of hard work then stagnant energy. Also with the Empress being an outcome card this could mean that this relationship will flourish and become something deeper or it could mean that you should be careful in regards to 'falling pregnant' as this card is usually a positive depiction of the fertile birthing of a relationship or addition to the family.

Angel Sophia

Post by Angel Sophia » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:47 pm

Thats a lot of reversals are you sure that the deck wasn't upside down?

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:29 pm

Hi,

mm, the famous CC?

As Cedars pointed out, there are many variations to the CC. However, a few fundamentals have prevailed, or should be observed.

When asking a question, stay away from "if's and but's"-- a sure way of addin confusion.
reading upright and reversed, your reversed cards must never exceed 50% of the lay.

Position 1, has always been "the cover" in essence this card directs the reading as it is Aleph or "the first spark"

Try to include a significator, this card grounds the reading to a specific cause or person.

Blessed be.
  :smt002

Kalidasa

Post by Kalidasa » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:26 pm

based on the cards, i'm reading that if you pursue this guy, i think he could very well break your heart...still, the empress indicates that you will learn from this experience, so it might be worthwhile overall.  good luck!
Blessed be!

Return to “Tarot”