Help! Why are the cards SILENT?!

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

mysticaj

Help! Why are the cards SILENT?!

Post by mysticaj » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:30 pm

Hi there!

I know some people don't believe in reading for themselves, but I always have and have never had an issue. Now all of a sudden, regarding a certain topic, the cards are COMPLETELY silent. Usually, they can't stop talking! But now, it's like when I am looking at the cards drawn for myself (whatever they may be), my brain is completely blank. Most of the time I can't even remember the "traditional" meanings of the cards, let alone having the cards speak to me as they naturally would!

Anyone know what might be going on?

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:17 am

I do not regard myself as an authority about the Tarot, but usually silent cards either mean that....

1. There are no immediate and useful answers to your question(s).

2. You are asking the wrong questions, or are asking the right questions but in the wrong way.

3. You are currently for some reason unable or unwilling to accept the answers which are being given to your questions.

4. Something more important and probably also more urgent is happening in your life at the moment, and your intuitive abilities alone by themselves will not be enough to deal with these long standing issues.

5. You are sick, exhausted or both, at the moment.

6. You know what you want, but have no idea as to what you really need to grow and develop as both a spiritual and human being  (welcome to the human race).

You are asking about your wants and your inner guidance knows that these are not what is needed, in your best or highest interests.

So it remains frustratingly silent.

Try adding the following condition to the beginning of your questions to the cards. You may get more to listen to and apply in your daily life from the cards this way.

If it is in my highest interests to know this, please tell me......................

Let me know if this helps,

EoT  Image

mysticaj

Post by mysticaj » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:12 pm

Thank you so much for your answer, I will try this again. I suspect it honestly just might be a case of the cards believe I don't need to or shouldn't know, so I thought I'd give it a rest and maybe come back clear minded and if I get the same silence, accept I'm not meant to know!

Thank you for taking the time to write me such a thoughtful response! If anyone else has any ideas, I'd greatly appreciate it. :-)

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:28 pm

You are very welcome for the response and taking a temporary rest break from the cards sounds like a good idea.

Often because we are not getting any answers we keep asking the same questions over and over again, and the required relaxed state of consciousness for us to be able to hear the answers is temporarily lost.

There is definitely such a thing as trying too hard to force things along according to our own schedule, instead of patiently allowing the Universe's overall plan for our life to determine when us having this information is in our best interests (hence the prefix).

All the best,

EoT Image

Return to “Tarot”