help with tarot reading

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

calibercutie29

help with tarot reading

Post by calibercutie29 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:26 am

Hi.  Im having trouble reading this card combo...I asked what my boyfriends actions will be if he asks me to meet with him after work one day and I say no....I use rider waite and pulled 8 of cups past the tower present and 6 of wands future please help thanks

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:30 pm

First of all, doing a PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE spread for your particular question is totally irrelevant. Why did you use this format? What relation does the spread have to your question? None.
Secondly, it is not a good idea asking questions about second/third parties, in this case your boyfriend, as to how he may or may not respond to a certain course of action. This is intrusion if not outright cheeky.  When you seriously need to ask such a question – and the question should really be of importance and not just ‘’Oh let’s see what will come up’’, always ask spirit if it is for your highest good to know the answer. If it is, then you will get an answer – not always what you need to know, but an answer to guide you.

Thirdly, and this is the point I am going to be hard on you here is the following: are you really intending to say No when ‘’one day’’ he asks to meet you after work? Are you just ‘testing’ the waters, or in other words, testing the powers above as to how he would respond to it? If your intention is not to say No, then you should forget the whole thing and stop playing games with the Universe. You cannot test for the sake of knowing or just for the hell of it. If you want to say No to him, just say No and bear the consequences.

Use the cards and do readings that will benefit you for your personal and spiritual growth rather than just idle curiosity as to how one would respond IF one day he asks to meet you and you say No.
I cannot interpret your cards in the context that you have chosen the spread vs the question. It is telling you some things, but not with regard to your question.

I am sorry I am being harsh on you for your first posting in the forum. I would have like that you first introduced yourself and took part in the forum’s discussions and so on.
Moreover, I feel you have handled this reading in a light-hearted way and I do not see that to be the right way of getting answers.
I apologise if you thought I was being rude, but I prefer not to sugar-coat my words.

I hope you will stay on and be part of this community. If not, may be you have learned how to treat the cards and future readings.

Best wishes.

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:31 pm

Hi,
I agrree with Cedars, you should rather have asked, "How would me, not agreeing, influence my romantic involvement with this unfortunate guy"?

Why do I say "unfortunate", perhaps you are only doing it for the "hell of it" , or "testing the waters" !

Blessed be.

calibercutie29

Post by calibercutie29 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:54 pm

Ok so I asked how would me not waiting around for this man influence my relationship and I pulled 8 of pentacles past ace of cups present and 9 of cups future....rider waite what is that combo saying?

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:09 pm

Excuse my language my dear friend, but you are totally screwing up the situation and your sense of direction with such readings.

Let's get the facts right:

You are in a relationship with this guy. Yes or No? If Yes, where does ''waiting around'' come into this? It is not that you have met him last week and are so smitten by him that you are wondering if 'waiting around' for him to make a move will be a wise thing for you, eh?

Secondly, What triggers you asking this question? Dont you want to be with him any more? If that is the case, why bother with these readings and just walk away?

Thirdly, you have not read a word we have said above: For an answer you need NOW, why do you keep on doing PAST, PRESENT and FUTURE spread? Your question and the spread used don't actually make sense at all.

Please re-evaluate your motives for giving these readings. You will never get a viable answer if you yourself dont know why you are doing these readings. And, for such queastions, just pick a card or three cards and FORGET this past, present, future rubbish.

calibercutie29

Post by calibercutie29 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:45 pm

Yes we are in a relationship we are in love but there is another woman in his life....we been together a yr and a half and ive been waiting for him to leave like he says he is and im tired of waiting after all that time yes I want to be with him and him with me but I was only trying to figure out how it would influence our relationship if I told him im done waiting?   I just pulled the same 3 cards at random not doing a past present future spread like you said  I was only trying to figure out how it would influence/affect our relationship if I do tell him im done waiting for him....

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:10 pm

My friend.....

Regardless of the cards, what is it that you are afraid of? That he would turn his back at you and leave you, if you told him that you would not wait for him?

If he did that, isn't he already doing that in a different way by including this other woman in his life and, subsequently, putting you through this emotional hardship?

Why would there be another woman in his life if, as you say, you are in love, albeit there is a third person in question?

Are you willing to be the second best for him? Are you willing to share your love with another woman in his life?

What is it that you are afraid of?

Are you going to use your threat to leave him as blackmail? In that case, if he leaves someone under threat, then believe me, one day he will do it again.

Forget the cards! Tell him what you want to tell him and then bear the consequences. With respect,  I don't feel this is a relationship with a third person lurking on the side lines....

Best wishes to you both.

dorothy holder

hyperthetical questions

Post by dorothy holder » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:47 am

the problem you are having is about honesty, when you know the answer to a question in this case, what would he do? he would go home to his wife/ gf or other relationship, you know this and so you go and you wait hoping for something different or another chance to create something with him by showing up when he asks. I would think you are really asking the cards an impossible question and by making it hypothetical, there is no energy, no beginning no end only a confused mind. A better question may be another one you already have the answer to in which case you try not to ask it, and that would be, is he ever going to be?  I always assume the cards will be right with what is on your mind and that will override the type of question or even the layout positions. Although this means then they are reflecting an inner guidance rather than clarifying the future.

i also go with the idea that what you draw first will also be the only answer, after that you are in a position of trying to manipulate an answer and that just gets a bit confusing. your first cards out of the rank forgetting positions and hypothetical question, will reflect both your state of mind and what you need to know.

the 8 cups represents letting go of things, people, emotions and belief it is a card that says what you are asking about has no future at this point and may never have had a future, it is a card that always points toward unhappiness generated by maintaining your position, belief emotions etc. followed by the tower you have a powerful indication that things need to change and if you do not initiate or embrace that change you will be dragged kicking and screaming toward the inevitable. Inevitability is determined by what you know within yourself to be true but fail to acknowledge or deny. you can let go willingly and move through the change that will bring or you can hold on til there is nothing left to hold on to,  if you are to experience the third card which is one that sees positivity in the future, moving more calmly and happier toward a goal the first cards must play out. i see this as more like a paragraph in a story where you must have a defined role to achieve the goal. for you that can be the role of a person seeking love and happiness, and then shifting your consciousness, intention and behaviour into alignment with creating that.

if you are learning the cards you would do well to acknowledge that you cannot bend them to your will although you can keep shuffling and drawing until you are satisfied you see something good where there is nothing good to see. at this point you are not reading tarot, you are not being advised by tarot but you are misinterpreting tarot and your life will not be enhanced by it. xx good luck

T.W. Moira

Post by T.W. Moira » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:20 pm

I totally understand you and what you want to know.  I was once in the same place as you are.  back then, a friend of mine (and a very well seasoned witch) taught me that the best set for such questions were the spanish cards, not tarot cards.  she would tell me that the spanish cards were more "gossipy" than the tarot cards.

She would then do this:  shuffle them.  Make a question.  preferably as closed as possible.  Yes/no answers or if you need a bit of clarification, make it as little as possible.  for example:

"if my boyfriend asks me to meet him after work and I say no, would he go out anyway and cheat on me?"  (this you need -some- clarification because he could just go out anyway with his friends and not cheat on yo)

she would then cut the deck three times , mix it and call two numbers.  I.e. 3 and 10  (when i wanted to make things REALLY tough, I would call also the card set: club, spade, so on) so she would turn them upside up one by one.  Until the numbers appeared.  A blatant YES meant the two numbers side by side.  a MAYBE could be the numbers within 9 cards apart.  a Probably NO, meant the numbers more than 9 cards apart but no more than 13.  and NO WAY were that there were more than 13 cards between them.  

Now in this scenario, the "clarification" comes in the cards between the numbers.  9 to 13....  :)

Another verification she would choose is to shuffle them, mix them and spread them upside down.  ask the question and pull  7 cards in random order.  turn them around and the more cups you got, the more positive the result.  Any clarification comes from the cards that are NOT cups  and the position of the cups inside thsi bunch

Let me know if it works for you

Return to “Tarot”