Help with love spread interpreation

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Remedy

Help with love spread interpreation

Post by Remedy » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:03 pm

Hello everyone,

I've asked what the prospects would be for me and this girl to the Tarot. I used the Rider Waite deck, and celtic cross. Oh and I don't know if I posted this in the right thread or not, so apologies if I did.

Here's what Tarot said :
1. Theme: 7 (or 8?) of pentacles
2. What crosses my path: knight of cups
3. What happened in the past: Judgement
4. How things are now: 2 of cups
5. Near Future: page of cups
6. Synthesis: 8 of cups
7. My own attitude: 9 of wands
8. Outside influences: 2 of wands
9. My hopes: 9 of pentacles.
10. Final outcome: The Emperor

Let me explain the situation a bit. I've recently met her through an online school. She lives in England, I live in Holland. She is just too cute, I really like her. But at the same time I have my worries that she won't feel attracted to me or that she's out of my league. So in my mind I'm just thinking if I should let this go or not, but at the same time it says to just go for it. Another ting as well, I don't know I would be able to handle the relationship if it would continue to grow into more than just friendship, because earlier this year I've had a mental collapse, and only now am I recovering a bit. I have yet to figure out a lot of things in my life. In the past with relationship I was very intense in expressing my feelings, this time I want to have a bit more control over myself. So can anyone help me out with this? Does it say that she likes me or that she will grow to like me? Or should I: ask another question for that seperately?
There is also a high possibility that we will meet in february as we''ll be going to the same event.

Oh and at position 1 I messed up a bit, because when I saw the card and then I immediately put it back in the deck, so when I wrote it down I was like ''was it pentacles 7 or 8?'' They look a bit alike :smt010

Thanks in advance. :)

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:53 pm

with respect, you cannot ask us to interpret your own reading, if you cant remember what card it was that you had pulled for position 1.

What was your own interpretation to this reading?

Remedy

Post by Remedy » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:51 pm

Hey thanks Cedars for your reply. Now that I think about it I can safely say it was pentacles 7, and I thought it was pentacles 8 because I got the card for a different reading some time ago.
My own interpretation would be that the cards say there are a lot of emotions involved because of all the cups, and the fire cards say that I have the fire to go after it? Position 1 would say that I am considering it carefully whether to just go after her or not, but the other cards suggest that I will. Position 6 and 8 elude me. What does 2 of wands mean as outside influences? Maybe it points out to our meeting in february? The final outcome would perhaps mean that I will be in control of the situation, or the realization of my goals? I don't really know.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:00 pm

Position 6 and 8 elude me. What does 2 of wands mean as outside influences? Maybe it points out to our meeting in february? The final outcome would perhaps mean that I will be in control of the situation, or the realization of my goals? I don't really know.
To begin with, I, personally, do not like the Celtic Cross and never use it. I do not understand what the big hoo ha is about this spread.. but I best let tradition prevail about this spread.

As to your questions: SYNTHESIS? position 6 and the Eight of Cups? (other Celtic Cross spreads call this position " Factors affecting situation. Your attitude towards the situation."
I see this position that you will let go and turn your back to the situation which, to me, despite the presence of a few cup cards, does not inspire to be a feasible one.

Outside Influences: 2 of Wands. Something from the outside will impact you to make a choice. The Two of Wands is about making a choice and sticking to it.

Hopes and Fears:  Nine of Pentacles. I feel this is telling me that you are content (or will be) with your current situation and in fact will be disciplined enough not to pursue this situation.

Outcome? The Emperor. Judging from the above position, the Emperor for me reiterates that you will be in control of your own feelings and take control of things within yourself. I feel you will come to be strong enough within yourself to realise that this situation needs to be thought about and not jump into it at the first sign of emotions. I dont feel it means the realisation of your goals or wishes.

End of my interpretation which please dont take it as the final word as I do not like the Celtic Cross.

As for you, and outside the realms of the reading, I think that to be so engrossed with a person you have been chatting on line and start flying away with ideas of romance is rather premature at this stage - EMPEROR. Until such time that you have met and seen the real people behind the chat lines and the on-line persona, I dont think you should get carried away with any thoughts about the future.
I am not undermining your attraction to this cute person, but, it is best to wait and see until you have met. Will you act like the Eight of Cups and the Emperor?

The question you should ask yourself is, ONLY after you have both met in person and spent some time together, what do you want from each other.....

I can only wish you all the best for yourself. You need not analyse this too much. Just go with the flow and enjoy the experience.

Blessings.

Remedy

Post by Remedy » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:16 pm

Hmm, thanks a lot Cedars. Yeah I was going to take the approach you were suggesting, because in the past with another girl I didn't and it turned out ugly.
Do you think the two of wands could point to the meeting we will go to in february? And that then I will be faced with the choice to continue or not? But then the Emperor would point out that I would distance myself from it, right?

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:27 pm

I cannot specifically say the Two of Wands refers to the meeting as such.
It is to assert your own power and point of view and thus make a decision / choice accordingly.  It is you own personal power, choices you can make, aspirations and looking ahead at your own future.

If you look carefully........... the Nine of Pentacles, the Two of Wands and the Emperor........... are all in a roundabout way talking about the same thing.

Are you perhaps getting too carried away with this on-line sense of attraction to this person?

I am not going to foretell the future (as I cannot) but the meeting if you are still going ahead with it, should hopefully make things clearer. February is a long time ahead, almost five months, so, give these months their fair share and see how you feel about the whole situation and let us know.

Remedy

Post by Remedy » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:08 pm

Yeah thanks again Cedars.

Remedy

Post by Remedy » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:46 am

This past month was intense, to say the least. I think the reading has fulfilled itself already.

We talked a lot, almost everyday. We Skyped a lot, and in that month we grew very close. Even though she has a bf, that didn't stop my feelings for her. I think after a while she knew I was in love with her, even though I was denying it all the time. Some intense karmic stuff happened that made us realize we were husband and wife in a past life, it was  very emotional for the both of us. Though I think it affected me more because I'm an emotional guy.
After a while I just couldn't take it anymore, because we were talking everyday, and my feelings for her just became stronger and stronger. In the end I just broke off all contact with her, it became too much for me mentally and emotionally, as I had all this crap in my life to deal with, all my problems, she was just another problem. I really wish things were different. I cried my ass off when I broke contact with her. She understood that I was in love with her, and because of my mental problems I had to break off with her. And even though I felt a great deal of sadness in doing so, it had to be done for my health. She knows I have very strong feelings for her. We will still meet in february though, most likely. I don't know how that will go though....
Anyway I still think karma has more in store for us than the recent events. I just feel she is the one in this life for me. Things just aren't ready for me at the moment. I would ask Tarot if we are meant to be together in the future, but I doubt it will give me an answer to that question. What do you think?

I feel really really sad.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:13 am

Things just aren't ready for me at the moment. I would ask Tarot if we are meant to be together in the future, but I doubt it will give me an answer to that question. What do you think?
Hmmmmm.. OK.

First of all I would like to commend your strength in detaching yourself from this connection. Obviously it was doing you more harm than good.
Am not one to go by karmic stuff and what you were in a previous life with this person and I would certainly not assume that you will be reunited and have the same ‘karmic’ relationship which you may have had in the past together. Get that out of your mind. Just stay with present and the Here and Now.
‘Twin Flames’, ‘ Soul Mates’,  and stuff like that…. Please stay away from them.  They will only distort your present and confuse you about the future and fill you with false hopes.

What you are going through with this person – and I am sorry to undermine the situation – is some form of infatuation and if you wish to call that ‘karmic connection’ so be it. You have done the right thing by severing your ties with her. Good for you! Sanity should prevail. I am talking from personal experience here, believe me!

I don’t think neither the tarot nor anyone else can answer your above question about the future with this person. You have not acted like someone who has ‘metal problems’; in fact, you have acted with reasoning and common sense looking after yourself.
As for the February meeting, there is still time for February…If the meeting takes place, reality can shed a completely different light on the situation.. But as you have severed ties and communication with this person, I wonder if considering and ‘communicating’ about the February meeting is going to do you any good for the present.

Let me know…

Blessings and inner peace to you my friend.

Remedy

Post by Remedy » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:52 am

Thank you for your reply, Cedars.

Yes, the infatuation thing is still there. I actually never believed in the Twin Flame stuff, but the karmic thing is hard to deny if you knew what had happened, anyway I can't say more about that. You are right about the other karmic thing though, we may not end up together in this life, but I still think there is something more, I just can't deal with it now due to my problems. I guess time will tell. And yeah, I acted with reason because the feelings just became too much and I could feel myself becoming immersed into them every day.

I'm not going to initiate contact with her about the february meeting, but if we both come, which is most likely then we will see each other on the spot. She will make it definately, I just don't know if I will due to other life issues. Actually the day of the meeting will be a special day for her and I was thinking of buying her a small gift.
I guess...I'm wondering if by then my feelings for her would subside. And how our meeting will go, will it be awkward, will there be something more? etc...

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:09 pm

....... only time can tell....

In the meantime, you best keep your feet firmly on the ground :)

Remedy

Post by Remedy » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:43 pm

Yeah. If I'll make it, I'll do another reading about how the meeting will go.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:44 pm

Please dont do any more readings......
Let things reveal in due course.

Your choice, of course :)

Remedy

Post by Remedy » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:45 pm

I guess that would be better...

Remedy

Post by Remedy » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:34 am

I was rereading the entire thing, what did you mean by ''If the meeting takes place, reality can shed a completely different light on the situation.. '' ?

Return to “Tarot”