Legitimacy of looking at cards?

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Hdriven

Legitimacy of looking at cards?

Post by Hdriven » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:19 am

Hello everyone. I've had this idea in the back of mind that tells me that looking at cards to predict the future or answer questions is unreasonable.  The way I see it cards have no right to tell me what the future holds.  

Although that thought exists, I also think of how they they do hold the power to be able to predict/answer questions.  I feel that the reason the cards do work is because, when a person puts forth their attention and energy into asking a specific question or group of questions and drawing cards at the same time to answer those questions, something magical happens. I feel that at that particular time the universe puts forth the card that needs to be there so that the answer can be revealed.  For this reason I think it works but I don't know that it accurate.

What if you ask the question again and draw new cards?  The cards do not come out the same therefore changing the outcome of the future??  

Gosh, I don't know!!!  Anyone have any awesome insight???

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:57 am

Once you start doing multiple readings, then you will get vague and ambiguous answers.
As a tarot reader I dont know myself how it works, but I rarely do predictive readings. It all depends how you use the cards and for what purpose.

Talia

Re: Legitimacy of looking at cards?

Post by Talia » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:42 pm

Hdriven wrote:
What if you ask the question again and draw new cards?  The cards do not come out the same therefore changing the outcome of the future??  

Gosh, I don't know!!!  Anyone have any awesome insight???
I have some awesome insight!

Readings do change the future. But it is not the reading as such it is the person receiving the reading, the person seeking the answer, that changes their own future.

But I try to concentrate on the present, that is far more important than any future, the present is where our emotions sit, where we feel pain and fear or joy and love. So reading about the present can be far more helpful than trying to reach for the fortune.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:22 pm

So reading about the present can be far more helpful than trying to reach for the fortune.
Totally agree!

Return to “Tarot”