Can you read yourself?

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

gibo

Can you read yourself?

Post by gibo » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:10 pm

Can you tarot read yourself thru use online reading tools?

Just wondering if I can do it and will be that accurate.

Any experience?

Thanks.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:04 pm

Yes of course you can read yourself using online reading tools.

But the accuracy and reliability of your reading may be severely compromised by you being so close and therefore so emotionally involved with its outcome that you are unable to do this objectively (allowing your emotions to get the better of your powers of good judgement and accurate interpretation).

Relatively few readers can manage to distance themselves enough from the issue of concern in order to be able to overcome this common human tendency to see in their reading only what they wanted or hoped to see.

Whether or not you are one of those relatively few readers, only time and experience will eventually tell.

Probably one of the most difficult areas in which to read yourself objectively is with regards to predicting or determining the real problems within your close relationships, particularly those of the romantic variety.

In the meantime, adopt a cautious approach towards taking any actions which appear to be suggested by the reading which are either too sudden or extreme.

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER make an important decision about anything or anyone which is based entirely upon the output of one or several of your readings, just as you should never do this when someone else is reading you.

Regards,

EoT Image

George

Re: Can you read yourself?

Post by George » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:30 pm

gibo wrote:Can you tarot read yourself thru use online reading tools?

Just wondering if I can do it and will be that accurate.

Any experience?

Thanks.
i don't have much faith in anything online when it comes to tarot readings. i rather touch my cards and feel the energy from them and so forth if i do a reading for myself.  i have had tarot readings from other people online and felt that they have been accurate, sometimes. :smt002 but i have felt at least a connection from my reader that i don't get with online tarot programs.  

as for everything Eye of Tiger has said is true as i see it too.  it can be hard to be objective when reading for yourself.  when i first started to read Tarot i read for myself all the time. a lot of those reading where just for practice and to get to know my cards.
to directing answer you question. it can be accurate. try and use them and see what you get, the worst thing is that it doesn't work.  overall by the time you are done i am sure you will have learned from your experience... be it right or wrong!  :smt020
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

Return to “Tarot”