Is there a tarot deck for relationship?

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

goodfellas

Is there a tarot deck for relationship?

Post by goodfellas » Sat May 03, 2014 5:33 pm

Yeah, is there like a deck/layout I could use on relationship reading on a more detailed level. How do you all do it?

Thanks.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sun May 04, 2014 11:09 am

I have not heard of a deck specially designed for relationships.... Any tarot deck would give you a relationship reading if you use a spread that suits your question.

Now, I hear warning bells here:  It sounds like you are a novice and you are looking for a ''detailed'' relationship spread....

Is this wise?

Payewacker

Post by Payewacker » Sun May 11, 2014 2:59 am

Hi, I researched a long time ago and stumbled upon a spread which is not very complicated, but gives a lot of understanding. There are other spreads and you can Google it, but be sure you will get 100's.

Should you need to acquire a Tarot deck, start with the Rider Waite deck. This deck is easily understood and used by most Tarotists.

This is the Pythagorean tetractus spread:-

3     2
                          6     5     4
                       10   9     8    7

The tetractus, which also symbolizes the four elements being Earth, water, air and fire. The first four numbers symbolizes the harmony of the spheres and the cosmos, the four rows added up to ten, which is unity to a higher order (in decimal).
the 1st row represent zero-dimensions (a point),
the 2nd row represent one dimension (a line of two points)
the third row represented two dimensions (a plane defined by a triangle of three points),
the fourth row represents three-dimensions (a tetrahedron defined by four points).

What is interesting, is that the teachings narrow down events to mathematical calculations as found in numerology, thus the notion to believe numerology being a possible "replacement" for Tarot. The same, a metaphysical symbol that symbol that embraces within itself in seed-like form the principals of the natural world.

Considering the above, the tetractus is also linked to the Jewish Kaballah and influenced the tetractus itself. The Hebrew tetractus in a similar way has the letters of the name of  God or Tetragrammaton, inscribed in the ten positions of the tetractus from right to left.

This all bringing us to a spread based on the tetractus. The various positions of the tetractus provide a representation for forecasting future events.
The first row.
Of a single position represents the premise of the reading, forming a foundation for understanding all the other cards.

The second row.
Consisting of 2 positions represents the cosmos and the individual and their relationship.
: The light card to the right represents the influence of the cosmos leading the individual to an action.
: The dark card to the left represents the reaction of the cosmos to the actions of the individual.

The third row
Consisting of three positions represents three kinds of decisions an individual must make.
:The creator card is rightmost, representing new decisions and directions that may be made.
: The sustainer card is in the middle, representing decisions to keep balance, and things that should not change.
:the destroyer card is leftmost, representing old decisions and directions that should not be continued.

The fourth row.
Consisting of four positions represents the four Greek elements.
:The fire card is rightmost, representing dynamic creative force, ambitions and personal will.
: The air card is to the right middle, representing the mind, thoughts, and strategies toward goals.
: The water card is to the left middle, representing the emotions, feelings and whims.
:The Earth card is leftmost, representing physical realities of day to day living.

Now, you can adjust this spread to focus on the relationship itself, go about it as follow:

The first row.
Of a single position represents the premise of the relationship, forming a foundation for understanding all the other cards.

The second row.
Consisting of 2 positions represents the cosmos and the individual and their relationship.
: The light card to the right represents the influence of the cosmos leading the individual to an action.
: The dark card to the left represents the reaction of the cosmos to the actions of the individual.

The third row
Consisting of three positions represents three kinds of decisions an individual must make in the relationship.
:The creator card is rightmost, representing new decisions and directions that may be made.
: The sustainer card is in the middle, representing decisions to keep balance, and things that should not change.
:the destroyer card is leftmost, representing old decisions and directions that should not be continued.

The fourth row.
Consisting of four positions represents the four Greek elements.
:The fire card is rightmost, representing dynamic creative force, ambitions and personal will in the relationship.
: The air card is to the right middle, representing the mind, thoughts, and strategies toward your goals in the relationship.
: The water card is to the left middle, representing the emotions, feelings and whims.
:The Earth card is leftmost, representing physical realities of day to day living.

I think it would be possible to use this spread with the basic interpretations of the cards.

Blessed be.

goodfellas

Post by goodfellas » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:03 pm

Dear Cedars and Payewacker,

This helps me much will check Pythagorean tetractus spread.
Kinda seems complex, i think too it needs more dedication to be able to read.

Will look into it.

Thanks.

Spirit of Light

Post by Spirit of Light » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:56 pm

Hi Goodfella

There is The Love Tarot, The Lover's Tarot, and The True Love Tarot, Lover's Path Tarot, Lovers Oracle, I know there are a few more but I can't remember them all.

Return to “Tarot”