unwanted information in a reading

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

samsr

unwanted information in a reading

Post by samsr » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:45 pm

hello

i was wondering how to get rid of unwanted information in a reading. i was reading for myself and this situation with other person´s relationship kept coming up. it was being nosy in my reading... how to get rid of that?

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:51 pm

....this situation with other person´s relationship kept coming up. it was being nosy in my reading... how to get rid of that?
Other persons' stuff dont come in a reading, unless you were subconsciously interested in that situation, OR, more to the point, if that in fact related to you and not to the 'other' person's situation.

Re-read and review your reading and see if the so-called unwanted info was in fact telling you something about yourself.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:31 pm

Hi Sam(?),

Maybe you are not meant to get rid of it.

Whenever I give a reading I ask my inner source what the person most needs to hear, instead of what they want to hear.

You may need to hear about the other person's relationship at the same time as what other things the reading is attempting to tell you, as well as how that relationship emotionally affects what you will do with the other information in the reading, in your daily life.

Could it be the information which you are getting through your reading only makes sense and has educative value in the context of this other person's relationship?

Readings given for yourself are frequently reduced in effectiveness by the reader being too close to and therefore also too emotionally involved with the outcome to be able to be objective about whatever insights may arise.

Often we are too emotionally involved with a situation to be able to reliably make logical and rational decisions. Our emotions often get the better of or quickly and completely overwhelm our powers of good judgement

The apparent "contamination"of your reading with this other person's relationship (with you?) may ultimately turn out to be a sign that it would be better and more efficient and reliable for you in the future to consult another reader to get a reading from them for a change, as a viable alternative to depending almost exclusively upon DIY (Do It Yourself).

Regards,

EoT   :smt006

Rohiniranjan

Re: unwanted information in a reading

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:24 pm

samsr wrote:hello

i was wondering how to get rid of unwanted information in a reading. i was reading for myself and this situation with other person´s relationship kept coming up. it was being nosy in my reading... how to get rid of that?
Although PLR (past life regression) reading/information is different from Tarot or other mantic divinations, but some say that the SOURCE of information is similar or indeed identical and must be paid heed to! Many instances exist in which such additional information does 'stray-in' or 'leak-in' and perhaps are neither contaminations nor representing nosi-ness or *noise* affecting the SIGNAL!

Some of it could very well be information that the 'reader' *needs* to know and with experience the reader can sense the difference and relevance of the different packets of information received during the reading!

Since channels and perhaps even psychics are not meant to analyze the information as it comes in, it becomes difficult for them to figure out which is which, meaning what is meant for the client and what for themselves. At least not in the beginning of their divinatory journey.

Some of the divinatory modes utilize a degree of analysis etc (astrology, palmistry and numerology for instance) and so there is always a greater involvement of the conscious-aware mind of the reader and it becomes easier to separate the two types of information.

For others, practice, experience and remaining mindful of the phenomenon of leakage (?) is a good approach to follow and your concern about this matter indicates that your mind is aware of it. That is a good thing to have and will keep you getting more proficient in sifting the "his from mine'. Important thing is that perhaps neither stream of information is not irrelevant or a weakness or defect in the reception system!

All the best!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

dorothy holder

dodgy info

Post by dorothy holder » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:00 am

my first question would be how do you know that information is actually for someone else. when you are doing a reading for yourself it really is unlikely to draw cards that reflect someone else. but even if that was not the case, you drew the cards you are interpreting the reading, while there may be similarities to something you already know for someone this doesn't mean that the information is, in fact, for someone else. That requires you to ascribe the info to them. I would recommend that you look for similarities in your current and past relationship sectors, even if you don't like to see this mirrored (the most common reason for deciding info belongs to someone else) it is valuable information that has the power to allow you to make valuable changes.

i am assuming you did a layout of some sort. so which cards come up where, and what is there relationship to each other. lastly back up and look at each card individually, is this you, is this someone who has been in your life or is this something that might happen to you? if totally not, then i suggest you take all the cards and re order them as they came in the packet when new, once you have done that. turn the deck in a way you never shuffle and give them a bit of a shuffle, not to much then put them back the way you normally shuffle then do so again.  if the reason you know this is someone elses reading is because you have achieved those cards for them before today, it is likely that you have fallen into a shuffling habit, which means the same group of cards will keep finding their way out of the pack, simply because they find their way to specific areas of the pack where you draw from. try a few different drawing techniques and if this is the problem it will go way. one more thing, if you are repeatedly asking about love, daily weekly etc, just stop for a while. you will end up reflecting how you feel about it on the day rather than a true reading. these true readings usually occur the first time you ask a question, it is best to explore your answer, research the aspects of it and go deeply into understanding it. xx

samsr

Post by samsr » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:00 pm

"Rohiniranjan"
Although PLR (past life regression) reading/information is different from Tarot or other mantic divinations, but some say that the SOURCE of information is similar or indeed identical and must be paid heed to! Many instances exist in which such additional information does 'stray-in' or 'leak-in' and perhaps are neither contaminations nor representing nosi-ness or *noise* affecting the SIGNAL!

Some of it could very well be information that the 'reader' *needs* to know and with experience the reader can sense the difference and relevance of the different packets of information received during the reading!

Since channels and perhaps even psychics are not meant to analyze the information as it comes in, it becomes difficult for them to figure out which is which, meaning what is meant for the client and what for themselves. At least not in the beginning of their divinatory journey.

Some of the divinatory modes utilize a degree of analysis etc (astrology, palmistry and numerology for instance) and so there is always a greater involvement of the conscious-aware mind of the reader and it becomes easier to separate the two types of information.

For others, practice, experience and remaining mindful of the phenomenon of leakage (?) is a good approach to follow and your concern about this matter indicates that your mind is aware of it. That is a good thing to have and will keep you getting more proficient in sifting the "his from mine'. Important thing is that perhaps neither stream of information is not irrelevant or a weakness or defect in the reception system!

All the best!

Rohiniranjan
thank you for your post. it doesnt really clarify what I wanted to know :smt003 but it was interesting to read. How do I know the information wasnt for me? Like mediuns know they are in touch with spirits, like people know the wind is blowing even though they cant see it... I can feel it, I have sensibility, I know what it is about.  
btw, some time has passed and for a good while I still got that interference... and I was totally irrelevant in my life

:smt002

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:56 am

samsr wrote:hello

Its 'very' difficult doing a reading for yourself and you can easily 'read into' what you want to see. Someone else's reading cannot come into your own unless you were thinking of this person whilst shuffling the cards. simples.... end of. remain objective - if poss

Its very important to focus on a simple question whilst shuffling. Do not allow any other thoughts to come into your mind at that time. When doing a reading for others its important to keep you thoughts/mind 'blank' so as not to influence the cards/subconscious mind.

I agree with others, nothing unwanted comes into a reading and if stuff is repeating you are not acknowledging its worth or importance.
I am a Professional astrologer/Teacher/public speaker with over 20years experience.

Return to “Tarot”