Empress and Emperor besides each other

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

redguitar

Empress and Emperor besides each other

Post by redguitar » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:07 am

Hello there I posted this on another forum but I'll try here.

The spread was the relationship spread from the website angelpaths
It looks like this:
... 9....10...
1 2 3 4 5
... 8....7...

I thought it was reasonable enough for my rather ... general question:

"What should I know about having a possible relationship with (their name) ?"

The 9th card came out to be Emperor, and the 10th card, the Empress. I read it's rather rare to have this combo side by side, but considering this spread perhaps they don't have much to do with each other even if they are side by side. I am not quite certain but then again, as a whole, every card has energy with the other cards in a spread. In my opinion, anyways.

This was my complete reading:

Card 1: Distant past : Ace of Swords
Card 2: Recent past : Death
Card 3: Now : Page of Swords
Card 4: Future influences : 8 of Pentacles
Card 5: External influences : 8 of Cups
Card 6: The querent's attitude : Ace of Pentacles
Card 7: Helpful energies : 5 of Cups
Card 8: Obstacles to be overcome : The World (perhaps this is rather more of a positive than a wholesome negativity, at least in this position)
Card 9: Hope and fears : The Emperor
Card 10: Final result : The Empress

Well whether or not it means anything, I'd like to know ... clearly the cards play off each other energies but in this reading?

Talia

Post by Talia » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:58 am

Hi,

welcome :)

In any reading about love or relationships I always look at what isn't there. You have 2 very sad Cups there, no really good fortune ones, and no Wands at all so lacking in passion and fire and enthusiasm, still at 89 years old perhaps that is the case? Then at the end there is the Empress, fruitfulness and perhaps even pregnancy or perhaps just a fat lady sitting alone next to an overpowering man?

I don't like that spread much, it doesn't actually get anywhere. How can one card represent both hope and fears?
By the way which deck did you use as that affects the reading.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:45 pm

I don't like that spread much, it doesn't actually get anywhere. How can one card represent both hope and fears?
So very much in agreement with your there Talia. I dont like that spread either. It is similar to the Celtic Cross and I have never found the latter to be a good spread.
My sentiments too about One single card representing Hopes and Fears. This same placement is also in the Celtic Cross.

Talia

Post by Talia » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:15 pm

Thanks, I think that some people fear placements, I would have split the two one card for Hopes and one for Fears but that isn't really very positive, having a card placement titled 'Fears' draws that energy to a person and with LoA not good.

redguitar

Post by redguitar » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:22 pm

Haha... I'm not really 89. I'm 21. I just didn't want to put my real birthdate, but I guess it doesn't matter anymore, eh?

I used the Rider Waite deck. Humm, the person is older than me and they are pretty darn busy but they show a great deal of interest towards me. Also if it's of any importance, it's online though I plan to meet them in person of course. I still am getting to know them.

Should I try another spread? I know asking same questions aren't very good. Although I think my question was a little too general. And I wasn't too sure what to do with the spread, it seemed very general in a way. I like specifics. If I should try different spread, please, any recommendations?

By the way, thanks for the help!

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:25 pm

I gathered you were not 89 in the first instance....

Why hide your age since we dont know who you are? It gives the wrong impression when you  ask others to interpret your readings for you.

This is not a dating profile :) You have nothing to fear. For all we know, you are just a profile ID.

First and most of all, if you don't know much about the tarot, I suggest that you do not use complex spreads such as the one you have used. If you were taught tarot and your tutor told you to use this spread, I suggest you give yourself time to mature in the tarot before using such spreads. I have kept it no secret I dislike this spread and it is not what is has been hyped up to be. Before I upset other tarot readers, this is my own, personal opinion.

Make your own spread. Ask questions that you find relevant to your case and pick the cards.

But.. I hasten to add and from my own experience , when there are no eggs hatched and you are already counting the chicks, in my own experience of giving readings, the tarot is darn clever; it will not give you the answer you seek. It will give you answers about another aspect of your life, one that is more pressing and relevant to your life at the time. So, if you are cybering with this guy and you are wondering where the relationship would go, believe, me - and I quote again from my own experience - you will not get a clear answer. If you want to ask about a relationship reading, there has got to be A RELATIONSHIP going... otherwise, ask more specific questions such as: what are the chances of this cyber chat turning into a relationship or an affair?

If you wish to do yet another reading using another spread, that is up to you. But, ask yourself, are you in a relationship with this guy or are you asking where this might be heading to? In the cyber world, feelings go high; wishful thinking takes over; just meet this person and then perhaps you wont even need a reading to make up your own mind :)

Cedars
Last edited by cedars on Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

redguitar

Post by redguitar » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:51 pm

Wow cedars, thanks for your response. I didn't know it was a complex spread, and yes I am indeed still a beginner. Tarot certainly takes time and patience to understand. Yeah I don't have relationship with person which is why my question had possibility in it. However, I completely agree with you on the bit of simply meeting the person and then see how it is. Very good advice. That really spoke to me. Yes, I like that much better.

Thanks for your advice.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:31 am

We've all been there my good friend.
We cannot escape the reality of the internet and the multitude of opportunities to 'meet' people on line or in real life.
Sometimes the pictures and the chat content takes over and we get side tracked. Just be careful that you dont get overpowered by your own feelings and your fantasies about this person.

If you are both in the same country/city, ask to meet this person.
If he is unwilling to meet, then, in my opinion, I think you should make yourself scarce and start withdrawing...

Best wishes.

Return to “Tarot”