Help with interpretation

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Fayeleemom

Help with interpretation

Post by Fayeleemom » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:24 am

Hello. I did the ellipse spread regarding a long distance relationship between my aquarian
/pieces guy and myself. I'm a pisces. What with work and school and kids - we have very little time at all for each other.

I asked if he dreams of me. In the order they were drawn.

Chariot
4 of swords
King of cups
8 of wands
4 of pentacles
2 of cups
10 of pentacles

I read the most interesting blog about the 8 of wands being energy manifested in the male and female. Really cosmic view of in depth understanding of the 8 wands.

Oak:tarot of love and romance.    Its on Wordpress

Your input is so kindly appreciated.

amanda414

Post by amanda414 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:18 am

Hi. What it means when taken into context is this. -- With the chariot as the first card, you have someone who could be literally willing to travel long distances or across distance to see you. The 4 of swords, meaning rest and repose, taken together with the king of cups, which represents our hopes, dreams, and wishes, means that the person is hoping for a chance meeting to occur (the 2 of cups), and dreams (king of cups) of meeting you sometime in the future. Yet, he is waiting when the time is right. (4 of swords)

Yet with the 8 of wands, it suggests it could happen very soon. Being next to the 4 of pentacles card, It means he is holding onto the idea with some hope that he will meet you in the future, and with there being a union taking place, given the 2 of cups and king of cups.

Lastly, the 10 of pentacles represents lasting security and promises for the future in regards to the relationship.

Talia

Post by Talia » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:03 am

Hi you two. Welcome :)

How amazing that you are both new members and we have one that wants help with a tarot reading and another that gives it and is looking for insight into readings? What chance is that ? Like buses nothing then two come along within a short space of time :) Lovely :)

But, I digress, Fayeleemom, I see you say that you are using the Ellipse Spread, not one of my favourites as it seems to be a bit of a re-gigged Cross again with Hopes and Fears, which appears as card 6.

Which deck did you use as that is really important to give any kind of accurate interpretation, each deck can have different meanings :)

Also that question perplexes me, although I can understand why you might think about it, but why don't you just ask the guy? Doing a reading about it is asking for trouble and is really deceitful trying to get inside his head without his permission?

Amanda414 that is an interesting take on the cards, taken literally The Chariot is in the Past position and so how do you account for that?

Welcome to you both, hope you stay around and we can all discuss tarot together :)

Return to “Tarot”