two readings done both for my mother and me

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

amanda414

Post by amanda414 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:21 am

Hi. I appreciate all your help, but I have decided to take back the Dragon tarot deck. I don't know if it was a manga deck or a gaming deck, so I got another deck instead. It's the Llewellyn tarot deck.

Talia

Post by Talia » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:38 pm

I wonder if I am the only one brave enough to say that I am really shocked that a shop would take back a tarot deck? It has been used!  

But what really confuses me is that you say you have been reading for at least five years, which deck do you usually use to read with?

At least the main Llewellyn deck is quite pretty and based on the RW but then Llewellyn is a publisher not a deck so it could be any deck?

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:15 pm

Talia wrote:I wonder if I am the only one brave enough to say that I am really shocked that a shop would take back a tarot deck? It has been used!  

But what really confuses me is that you say you have been reading for at least five years, which deck do you usually use to read with?

At least the main Llewellyn deck is quite pretty and based on the RW but then Llewellyn is a publisher not a deck so it could be any deck?
Talia,

I have seen pre-owned (used?) being sold by individual mystic shops and A to Z warehouses :-)

So, the practice definitely exists as a matter of fact. I have known practitioners who very proudly claim to have 'inherited' decks etc from preceptors and ancestors. So, all of these are 'used' as well.

Whether crystals, rosaries, tarot decks or (etc.), all of these are tools that can be 'cleansed' (spiritually demagnetised as some say <LOL>), so it should not be anything alarming. Recycling and reusing anything and everything is The Natural Law. Even the oxygen atoms running through our bodies (and carbon and nitrogen etc) are not new or exclusively ours, but were in the near past *owned* by some other being (could be a tree or a cow for all we know).

Life ends when sharing stops and we get too obsessed about exclusive ownership etc. ;-)

Love and light,

Rohiniranjan (a recycled, non-exclusive entity!)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:08 pm

The merchants dont really care. For them it is business.
Amazon do sell things pre-owned and brand new. I guess they can do the same with tarot decks....

Talia

Post by Talia » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:15 pm

First I must apologise if my post was misunderstood. I felt the implication was that the deck was taken back and swopped and would be sold as new not pre-owned or second hand. Thankfully in my experience tarot decks from professional publishers always come sealed in cellophane so no testing lol.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:18 pm

I agree with you. I would not buy second hand tarot decks either..... It has to be my energy in it... not someone else's.....

Talia

Post by Talia » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:21 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
Talia wrote:I wonder if I am the only one brave enough to say that I am really shocked that a shop would take back a tarot deck? It has been used! &nbsp;

Talia,

I have seen pre-owned (used?) being sold by individual mystic shops and A to Z warehouses :-)

So, the practice definitely exists as a matter of fact. I have known practitioners who very proudly claim to have 'inherited' decks etc from preceptors and ancestors. So, all of these are 'used' as well.
Oh yes I agree, I have some very old decks that I paid more for because of their previous owner lol, mug.

Whether crystals, rosaries, tarot decks or (etc.), all of these are tools that can be 'cleansed' (spiritually demagnetised as some say <LOL>), so it should not be anything alarming.
Yes, I frequently cleanse my deck and my crystals, my rosary I cleanse in a different way.
Recycling and reusing anything and everything is The Natural Law. Even the oxygen atoms running through our bodies (and carbon and nitrogen etc) are not new or exclusively ours, but were in the near past *owned* by some other being (could be a tree or a cow for all we know).
Did you just breathe in my old carbon dioxide? Will blow it your way should reach you sometime tomorrow lol!

Life ends when sharing stops and we get too obsessed about exclusive ownership etc. ;-)
I am not possessive, I share, I like company and even allow others to touch most of my decks and crystals etc.

Exclusivity can lead to soleness, or is that singleness, just one on one's own. Maybe quiet but that is not the same as peaceful?

Love and light,

Rohiniranjan (a recycled, non-exclusive entity!)
Love light and co2 &nbsp;lol xxx

Talia

Post by Talia » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:24 pm

cedars wrote:I agree with you. I would not buy second hand tarot decks either..... It has to be my energy in it... not someone else's.....
I once bought a deck from Ebay, it was an oop, out of print deck that I had always wanted, I paid a small fortune plus shipping. I first used it as it came, &nbsp;no cleansing and it was really wierd. I felt I could tap into the previous reader? The cards almost fell into a spread and I was sure it was not my doing.
Anyway I spoooooked myself out good and proper and put the deck back in it's box where it has been ever since.

Annoying thing is that a few months later the deck was re-published!

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:32 pm

Talia wrote:First I must apologise if my post was misunderstood. I felt the implication was that the deck was taken back and swopped and would be sold as new not pre-owned or second hand. Thankfully in my experience tarot decks from professional publishers always come sealed in cellophane so no testing lol.
As per regulations (whether strictly reinforced or not is country-specific etc), all returned (whether actually used or not) merchandise need to be declared as used or refurbished and not resold as 'new'. Many of the refurbished items are not really repaired (not necessary!) but must be quality-checked.

Now for small items such as decks etc, since many of the stores are essentially struggling operations, they tend to avoid returns (more hassle) but those who do, unless someone complains (with evidence) there are probably not enough inspectors in any country to enforce the regulations :-(

Anyone who is concerned, and knowledgeable, should resort to 'cleansing and personalization', and not just tarot decks but crystals etc. Come to think of it, rationally, even the shrink-wrapped decks and other objects, obviously MASS-PRODUCED have been handled by umpteen humans, robots and during postal transits etc.

Beware of Dark Forces, they are everywhere &nbsp;:smt010
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:39 pm

Talia wrote:
cedars wrote:I agree with you. I would not buy second hand tarot decks either..... It has to be my energy in it... not someone else's.....
I once bought a deck from Ebay, it was an oop, out of print deck that I had always wanted, I paid a small fortune plus shipping. I first used it as it came,  no cleansing and it was really wierd. I felt I could tap into the previous reader? The cards almost fell into a spread and I was sure it was not my doing.
Anyway I spoooooked myself out good and proper and put the deck back in it's box where it has been ever since.

Annoying thing is that a few months later the deck was re-published!
I even cleanse my package of pre-washed vegetables! Can't trust no one these days, particularly since the big BOX corporations (MNC) have started selling everything from Apples (clickity-clackity kind) to Zebras (camera straps) with grocery now being added to the line-up...!

Oy vay...!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:50 pm

LOL!

In fact come to think of it, when most of us die, all the cells would have changed (naturally! Not talking about health-related or cosmetic implants etc) from the original set that we were born with! The chemical components change even more frequently.

So blow-away my dear friend. The universe is one and connected. Including all these neutrinos that QPs are blowing trillions of dollars over...! &nbsp;:smt017
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

amanda414

Post by amanda414 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:30 am

Hi. Yes, the lady at the store who let me take it back was very nice. I would have to look more into the deck to see what type of deck it was. For what deck I used before when reading, I really didn't use a deck; I got all my information from doing readings online, which helped me understand the meanings of most of the cards. However, my grandfather, who is not new to tarot after having studied and read the cards, would give me readings. That also helped me learn some of the cards too.

Return to “Tarot”