two readings done both for my mother and me

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

amanda414

two readings done both for my mother and me

Post by amanda414 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:03 am

Hi everyone. I would like more clarity for a reading I did for myself and then my mother. For my reading, I drew mostly reversed cards, and two upright, and was wondering how one card, the world reversed fits in with the rest of the cards for a spread I did. It was concerning how things are for me now, and I drew six cards using the major and minor arcana for a universal 6 card spread. I drew 4 cards reversed total.

For the first position, (how I feel about myself now) I got six of cups reversed.

For the second position, (what I most want at this moment) I got the world reversed.

For the third position, (my fears) I got the six of swords upright.

For the fourth position, (what is going for me) I got the five of cups reversed.

For the fifth position, (what is going against me) I got the justice card upright.

For the final outcome position, I got the moon reversed.

Also, I used the Dragons tarot deck for the spread. I did a reading for my mother before I did one for myself. These are the cards in the following positions, same spread.

First position card: (how she feels about herself) the chariot reversed.

Second position card: (what she most wants at this moment) the six of cups reversed.

Third position card: (her fears) the knight of pentacles reversed.

Fourth position card: (what is going for her) the ace of wands upright.

Fifth position card: (what is going against her) the page of cups upright.

Outcome card: the queen of cups upright.

Her question she was asking was in a career context. Thank you. :smt007  :smt007  :smt007  :smt007

Talia

Post by Talia » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:08 pm

Which Dragon deck? The scary one or the other one?

4 out of 6 cards reversed, are you sure you didn't have the deck upside own?

Do you create the reversed cards or were they just reversed by chance?

How do you read the reversals?

I also have to suggest that perhaps you should learn the cards before attempting readings?
How long have you been reading?
It seems that really you are asking us to do the readings for you?
Tarot doesn't work like that, there has to be an element of the reader and the querent involved and that is missing when we try to interpret your reading cards.

All that said I like helping but it is a bit long winded to have to type it all down.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:59 pm

Speaking of dragons, speech-to-type (Voice recognition) has made enormous strides. I tried it about 12-13 years ago and was not at all impressed; in fact the correcting and re-doing used up more time and proved to be an energy vampire as well :-(

Had to try it again recently and WOW! At this rate soon divinators who dislike typing will find their prayers answered. Of course there is always the traditional (F2F) format that many use locally and electronically.
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Talia

Post by Talia » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:38 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:Speaking of dragons, speech-to-type (Voice recognition) has made enormous strides. I tried it about 12-13 years ago and was not at all impressed; in fact the correcting and re-doing used up more time and proved to be an energy vampire as well :-(

Had to try it again recently and WOW! At this rate soon divinators who dislike typing will find their prayers answered. Of course there is always the traditional (F2F) format that many use locally and electronically.
I have tried a few even Cortana!!!  or the speech thing on windows 10.

It woul dbe nice to find a voice recognition software that works because I am much better sepaking than typing in words, but I am improving, this forum for instance has helped me immensely.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:47 pm

Talia wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:Speaking of dragons, speech-to-type (Voice recognition) has made enormous strides. I tried it about 12-13 years ago and was not at all impressed; in fact the correcting and re-doing used up more time and proved to be an energy vampire as well :-(

I have tried a few even Cortana!!!  or the speech thing on windows 10.

It woul dbe nice to find a voice recognition software that works because I am much better sepaking than typing in words, but I am improving, this forum for instance has helped me immensely.
Please see my P.M. when you have a moment.
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

amanda414

Post by amanda414 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:43 pm

Hi, Talia. I am new at this. I know what the cards mean; however, I would just like a second opinion. That way it validates that I am on the right page. I hope you aren't bothered by this? I really just want to learn as much as I can.  :-)

Talia

Post by Talia » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:58 am

amanda414 wrote:Hi, Talia. I am new at this. I know what the cards mean; however, I would just like a second opinion. That way it validates that I am on the right page. I hope you aren't bothered by this? I really just want to learn as much as I can.  :-)
Hi again,

I'm not bothered so sorry if my post gave you that impression. But it would be good to hear a few answers though to my previous questions? That way I can most probably help better.
The scary Dragon tarot has different meaning to the mystic dragon tarot and the Celtic and the colourful one. I looked at all three of them for my son who adores dragons and I ended up giving him the Celtic Dragon tarot. To be honest they are all difficult decks to learn tarot from!

Also when you say you know what the cards mean that to me means that the opposite is happening. The cards 'meaning's are affected by so many things, when read together, when standing alone, or reversed or next to or opposite another and so on, then there is the question and the answers, so much.

The main thing must be with the reversals and why so many and how you see them affecting the interpretations?

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:59 am

amanda414 wrote: I am new at this. I know what the cards mean; however, I would just like a second opinion. That way it validates that I am on the right page. I hope you aren't bothered by this? I really just want to learn as much as I can.  :-)
I know Talia was involved in this in the first instance, but if you know what the cards are telling you, would you share it with us?

I fully agree with what Talia has said so far.  It is best not to do a self reading but instead request a reading here -- for yourself only and not for someone else.

An important question that was asked: did you instigate the reversed cards, i.e. by shuffling your deck with one or two piles in the reversed position, or was the whole deck reversed or.....did it all happen by coincidence? If it is the latter, too much of a coincidence if you ask me.

I leave you in Talia's hands.....:)

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:00 pm

Whooooops sorry, it looks like Talia's and my response were crossed in the cyber world..

Talia

Post by Talia » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:32 pm

cedars wrote:Whooooops sorry, it looks like Talia's and my response were crossed in the cyber world..
see? Buses! Lol

I remember reading somewhere that you don't make reversal yourself Cedars but if they come you read them with more impact?

I think if I got 4 out of 6 cards reversed then I would start again or perhaps read at another time?

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:36 pm

Buses.....indeed ... lol

Yes, Talia, I don't intentionally shuffle the cards to generate reversals. But.... if despite my efforts when I do get a reversal, I take it very seriously.

They are trying to tell something to the querent ...

I agree with your proportion of 4 out of 6... back to shuffling .

amanda414

Post by amanda414 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:14 pm

Hi. So to answer your first question, Talia. I did a pre-shuffling of the deck beforehand, which means I split and divided the cards into two equal piles and then went ahead to shuffle them by splitting them upright into one pile. Some of the cards might have toppled over or went tipsy-curvy, so that's how some of the cards might have ended up in reverse.

The first reading I did was for my mother, and then me.  She only had 3 out of 6 cards reversed, and I, of course, had 4 out of 6 cards as I shuffled them directly after she did.

So would you be able to provide some clarity on it. I used the Dragons rose tarot deck, which I bought at a new age store, and I read reversals different from upright, or as blocked energies of the cards. I did not create the reversed cards nor was the deck upside down; they just became reversed.

I have been practicing the tarot for at least five years, if not more, and know almost all the meanings of the cards. With the exception of three kings (swords, wands, and coins), two knights (swords and cups), and one queen (coins) upright only, that I don't really know, along with the 6 of coins and ace of swords as the only two numbered cards of the deck that I'm not too familiar with. So that leaves only eight cards in the whole tarot deck that I don't know.

amanda414

Post by amanda414 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:44 pm

Hi, Cedars. To answer your question, I have a sense of what the cards mean in my reading for me. For one, the six of cups reversed means I am stuck in the past after reading the interpretations on Biddy Tarot for the reversed meaning of the six of cups, which is so true. I was a little confused on the world card, but I know the six of swords upright means a journey over water, or a reaching of higher ground. The five of cups reversed means a return of relationships. The justice card upright in the what is going against me position, or as the fifth card means there is nothing going against me, that everything that is happening is what I deserve, or a product of karma. Lastly, the moon reversed, as I read on Biddy Tarot, has to do with a lack of clarity.

For my mom's reading, she had the six of cups reversed too, but in a different position. The Chariot reversed as the first card would have to do with a feeling of a lack of control, and the six of cups being reversed as the next card would mean the honeymoon period is over given the work-related context of the question. The knight of pentacles reversed would have to do with a boredom of routine. Then, the ace of wands upright is about a new career opportunity, and the page of cups upright would have to do with getting more information to keep her eyes open for new opportunities. With the queen of cups upright, it means to be careful when giving too much of yourself to other people.

Talia

Post by Talia » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:52 pm

Hi Amanda, I am sorry that you wrote so much as I have never seen a deck called Dragon Rose Tarot so I really cannot comment on the meanings. Also you mention the suit of Coins so that confuses me as Biddy Tarot meanings are referring to the Universal Waite tarot deck only? I doubt you could use them for your dragon deck? Do you have any more details on the deck then perhaps I might find it online? Is it manga or a gaming deck?

amanda414

Post by amanda414 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:20 am

Hi. I appreciate all your help, but I have decided to take back the Dragon tarot deck. I don't know if it was a manga deck or a gaming deck, so I got another deck instead. It's the Llewellyn tarot deck.

Return to “Tarot”