Is the tarot the same than go to the psychologist?

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

alicia reyes

Is the tarot the same than go to the psychologist?

Post by alicia reyes » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:56 pm

I think yes, because it fills a need we have

--------------------------------------------------

tarot amor
Last edited by alicia reyes on Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:11 pm

Hello Alicia

Welcome to Mystic Board.

You ask the question and then you give the answer yourself....
So, do you think the tarot is like filling a void?

It all depends how you wish to use the tarot or how your reader reads it for you.

If you prefer a predictive type of reading, then tarot just might tell you what might happen in the future..... That to me is not a reliable form of using the tarot for there are many reasons that we, ourselves, can change the course of our future.

If you want to use the tarot by way of empowering you and showing you the ways on how to get to a certain destination; trying to show you where you might be going wrong in a given aspect of your life; awakening you about your strengths which you did not think you had;  obstacles in your path about which you should be aware of;  then the tarot can be a good guide, but, even then, you have the ability to change the course of your life . Sometimes we cannot change the course of events around us and a bigger power somewhere controls it ..... In those instances, the tarot can prepare us about those changes and  the best way to deal with them.

Predictive? yes, to a certain degree there. It all depends how you ask your question and how your reading is prepared to give that reading for you.

If you think the tarot is like going to the psychiatrist, do you also think going to an Astrologer or a Psychic to be the same?

Talia

Re: Is the tarot the same than go to the psychologist?

Post by Talia » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:42 pm

alicia reyes wrote:I think yes, because it fills a need we have
Hi, welcome :)

I think there are similarities in what  you say especially to face to face readings. The Tarot reader asks questions, we chat together, we discuss private and personal things and then we try together to find a way to get answers.

But I think I would change psychologist to counsellor. A psychologist is far more advanced and would only usually accept appointments from those that needed psychiatric help for a mental illness.

Return to “Tarot”