11 Questions NOT to ask the Tarot

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

AnnThereseSmith

11 Questions NOT to ask the Tarot

Post by AnnThereseSmith » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:47 pm

Here are 11 Questions NOT to ask the Tarot:

1-   Will my Lover leave his wife?
2-   Will I win the Lottery?
3-   Does my Ex hate me?
4-   When will I Die?
5-   Will my wife's Cancer go into Remission?
6-   Am I Pregnant?
7-   What is the Name of my Soul Mate?
8-   Should I take the Job?
9-   Whatever Comes Up?        
10-  When will I get Married?
11-  Will I win the Court Case?

There they are, and I don't really get number 9, but I got this List off a web page ...not copyrighted..lol

Ann :smt006
When all things that are Dark become all things that are Light, Where will we go for the Mystery?

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:53 pm

I agree with you.
These are all Yes and No questions. Whilst some people have ways of dealing cards to answer such questions,   that, for me, is not the object of the tarot cards.

I know on this very site there are some strong views that the tarot does or should answer such questions, but I would not give a reading to such questions. That is not what the tarot was made for. If you want Yes and No answers, why dont you just use the pendulum. It clearly has a Yes and No movements.  But I still would not.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:30 pm

9-   Whatever Comes Up?  
Surely asking the tarot whatever comes up or out of the reading is the same as making a general reading request.

What is wrong with asking the Tarot reader that, or asking the cards what it is important for us to know at the moment.

I agree with Ann about this.

Like her, I don't really understand why item number 9 was ever included on this list. It is definitely not a YES or NO or inappropriate question to be asking.

EoT  :smt017
“Life Is Too Short To Worry About What Others Say Or Think About You. Have Fun, And Give Them Something To Talk About”
-Unknown

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:06 am

If a modality with traditional twelve cards (playing cards plus the wildcard joker?) in multiple manifestatins were adequate and ALL that one would ever need as the final answer...

Why would the owner of this site (Swetha, I suppose?) create this beautiful site?

Reality has expanded FOLKS and those who are still remaining stuck in the ancient times and dead eras

have our collective sympathies...?

Embrace each inbreath, since that is how oxygen enters our lungs?

Then -- make sure you remain grateful to the tree (environment) who remains there so you may live tomorrow?

Mars, NASA tells us -- gave up that choice while it had it...?
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:02 am

EOT said: Like her, I don't really understand why item number 9 was ever included on this list. It is definitely not a YES or NO or inappropriate question to be asking.

I never said item 9 was a Yes or No question. I dont know where those 11 questions were taken from.
Question 9 is simply a general reading and I would put it like this: What does the querent need to know at this stage in his/her life?

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:31 am

Many of those items on the list are YES or NO questions, but item 9 is not one of them. Still it is strange that it was included on this list, because it is what many readers ask their inner guidance before giving a general reading.

The original list can be viewed at the following web address

http://www.biddytarot.com/what-not-to-ask-the-tarot/

EoT
“Life Is Too Short To Worry About What Others Say Or Think About You. Have Fun, And Give Them Something To Talk About”
-Unknown

Talia

Post by Talia » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:41 am

Well we could have a hearty discussion over the original post (which is covered by copyright) but there is little to add to the actual blog post that these were lifted from.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:42 am

Thanks for the link EOT

I see her points on everything except that very question that our member had raised in her original thread.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:49 pm

We are discussing the original posting but Cedars enquired about its source.

Which was why I provided the link to that blog

In point number 9 in the blog the author says that they know that many people are likely to disagree with the decision to include it. It then goes on to explain why: mainly to do with it being too vague a question to be used as a basis for a reading to be given (debatable).

Note that while we are specifically focussing upon online readings, the author is comparing online and face to face readings.

A question which might be acceptable to an online reader may neither be acceptable nor suitable during a person to person offline reading, and the reverse might also in some cases be true.

EoT
-Unknown

Return to “Tarot”