How can I learn Tarot?

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

AngoloGomez

How can I learn Tarot?

Post by AngoloGomez » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:44 pm

Hello all,

This is my first post here. Totally fresh user into this forum and also tarot as well. I just want to know what's the easiest way to learn about Tarot well?

Do you have any ideas? Is there any good books recommended?

Talia

Post by Talia » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:03 pm

Get hold of a deck, the Rider Waite Smith is the easiest for beginners to learn. Usually the deck will come with a book.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:03 pm

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... highlight=

This is NOT your first posting on this board. See the link above.

And the advice which you have been given by Talia is not surprisingly,  exactly the same as was offered to you by Cedars in your earlier posting.

The first and best place to begin to learn the Tarot is always to buy yourself a Rider Waite pack of cards, and one card at a time discover what each of them stands for in the language of your unconscious mind.

And in turn what the card tells you about the person whose reading it is.

Please do not continue to ask for links to Tarot websites, as general members are not allowed to post them, and at this early stage it would not be advisable for you to try to bypass the cards, and go straight to the net as your preferred and only way of learning your divinatory art.

Learning Tarot completely  from books is also in most cases nowhere near as effective as doing it yourself with your own pack of cards.

Used solely as a second opinion, books may help beginner readers gain in confidence.

Mainly this is because the meanings given in those books are often vague and highly generalised, as well as written in the language of somebody else's unconscious mind.

The language used by their unconscious and therefore the meaning of each card could be very different from what you and your unconscious mind would read into the same cards.

Cheers,

EoT

AngoloGomez

Post by AngoloGomez » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:40 pm

Yes exactly! This isn't my first post here. When I could understand I can't delete my post so far. Sorry for that. However, thanks a lot for your well support behind my post here.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:59 pm

You are welcome for the support, but as general members are not allowed to post links to external websites on our forums, your link and the questions which refer to the other website have been removed.

And as I have also said many times before the meanings given to a particular card on the internet are only highly generalised, and are wriiten in the language of the author's unconscious.

You have probably already noticed that card meanings are freely copied between websites, often making it next to impossible to determine who the original author was.

Therefore attempting to comment about how they might apply in your reading if that card was to appear is of very limited value.

It depends upon the other cards immedistely adjacent to it in the spread.

The meaning of the card must always be interpteted in the context of the reading, as well as taking into account the level of understanding of the client who is seated in front of you.

It is the reader's intuition which truly separates a genuine Tarot reading from a simple repetition of the most common book or internet meaning attributed to that card.

This does not mean that you cannot discuss the common meaning. That is what this board is for. Just do not post the link. Keep in mind while discussing the common meaning that it has not been interpreted in the context of any reading.

EoT

AngoloGomez

Post by AngoloGomez » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:39 am

Great efforts and suggestion you gave! Your clear idea will work for sure. I'll try for that. Thanks again!

Return to “Tarot”