Deck Lenormand

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Talia

Deck Lenormand

Post by Talia » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:48 am

Therem are many decks of Lernormand cards available today, and I have started collecting and reading from a few.
The cards are said to be renamed after Mademoiselle Marie-Anne Lenormand, a french lady born in 1772, she is said to have read for Napoleon!

So does anyone else have an interest in these cards?

I must admit I used to think they were a kind of poor cousin to Tarot, only 36 cards not 78 so what on earth could they reveal? But they have a sweet workable place in y heart now.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:31 pm

I looked at them yesterday and, to me too, they came across as the poor cousin of the RW deck. In fact, the artist has on certain cards combined the imagery of two of RW cards into one which somewhat confused me.

I wish the creator had stuck to a unique style/theme such as The Lady and individual cards like that rather than for example combining The Sun with something else from the RW theme.

I've been thinking about having a second option to the Rider Waite cards which is my main working deck, but so far I have been unable to connect with one. If I am going to use a deck that is similar to the imagery of the RW, then I might as well stick to the one that talks to me..

Any opinions, as you seem to use several decks?

I have tried the Robin Wood and the Celtic Dragons deck and neither did much for me.......

May be I am difficult to connect with ha ha ha...

Talia

Post by Talia » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:44 pm

Well, Which actual deck do you use, when you say Rider Waite which one do you mean, because you could use a more brightly coloured deck like the Golden Waite or the Radiant Waite, sometimes using the 'original' more faded cards works well but some younger people like the re-coloured decks?
You seem to be very RW fixed, just like me lol, I suppose I am just curious when other people use other decks so I have to experience them myself.
Maybe you will find a deck that speaks to your heart.
The Lenormand cards I read in a differnt way to my RW, they usually run on and tell a story rather than stick to a spread.
Hey shall we ask my cards about a deck for you?

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:26 pm

I use the RW Original. Although I also have the Universal as a back up, but the cards are so slippery as it is hardly ever been used.

I could not use the Radiant as I needed to wear sunglasses lol

Yes, do ask your cards about a deck for me, please :)

Talia

Post by Talia » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:22 pm

OK then, this is a challenge! Hope I don't get told off for putting this here rather than splitting it to a reading thread,

Pixie Says:-

Asking a little about what is the base of the matter we see a person laying down on top of a Coffin. Very similar to the 4 of Swords except there are four candles one on each corner of the coffin, so a place of peace and restfulness and perhaps quiet, maybe even a lack of movement here, resting silently, waiting. So perhaps you are feeling a little stifled and are wondering what else is there.

Then the cards change to the beautiful White Lilies poking their heads though the snow, emerging and starting a new year, something fresh, clean and new, so a new deck of cards perhaps.

But there are Clouds ahead, shrouding the way forward, covering the hills and the path that you need to take. But, which way to go, which deck to claim.

Beyond the clouds we see a small Tree flourishing in full leaf on a small hill next to a stream, with green leaves falling like small yods of clarity and information. At it's base are brilliant sunflowers, showing that the search is worth it just for the view, to see new pastures and open your mind to what is out there.

The last card shows us a Gentleman, his back is to the sea and his hands are in his pockets, he is looking down at the sand as if he is still thinking and wondering having made no choice!

But, Have you ever looked at the Golden Universal Tarot by Roberto De Angelis, my copy is from Lo Scarebo. It is a RW clone but a very beautiful deck with gold embossed images, the suit of Cups is particularly beautful and everyone always comments when I read from it especially under artificial lighting as it glints.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:55 pm

Thank you for the 'reading' Talia.

I have gone and looked at the imagery of your suggested deck - Golden Universal by Roberto Angelis and the Lo Scarebo and whilst the imagery is more vivid, but I was not captivated by them.

Sorrrrrrrry ..

I then looked at the Gilded Tarot by Marchetti and I found that too glitzy.

I think for now I am going to stick to my RW Original.

Talia

Post by Talia » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:20 pm

Well even I find the Gilded too Glitzy, I can't get on with it at all, very old schools I think I am.
Maybe you need to draw your own?

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:35 pm

I am hopeless in drawing................

I just took my Robin  Wood deck and in hindsight, it is not that bad.... I will try and dabble with it and see if we can be friends :)

Return to “Tarot”