Seven of pentacles

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

caroline36

Seven of pentacles

Post by caroline36 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:45 am

I have a very hard time interpreting the 7 of pentacles. It was never clear for me what it means and I have been reading the cards for almost 7 years now. What would be the "energy" behind this card?

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:08 am

Caroline,

If you have been reading Tarot cards for seven years, you should know that many readers do not believe that a card has a special or magical energy in itself.

Although some readers are especially sensitive about other people handling their cards, as they believe that the cards have been bathed in and are attuned to their personal energy field, and they understandably do not want this to be contaminated by someone else's.

The jury is still out about this.

The meaning which you give to any particular card in any particular spread and for any particular client is more an expression of what the images on the face of the card symbolize/represent to YOUR unconscious mind at that particular moment in time.

And the card's message is written in the almost unique language/dictionary of YOUR unconscious, which means that the same card could mean something completely different to another reader.

Over to one of our respected Tarot readers for their more expert answers to and opinions concerning your question about the Seven Of Pentacles, and any energies associated with it.

Take care,

EoT  :)

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:54 am

The interpretation of the Seven of Pentacles is multi-faceted and all depends on the question being asked by the querent.

It you are really looking for keywords, here you go:

Waiting to reap the benefits/outcome of one's hard work.
A period of waiting and possibly reflection on deeds.
You've done everything you can, now let nature take its course or events to unfold.

It is a phase which is really out of your control; You cannot add any more to what you have already done - whether the outcome is good or bad. Number Seven is not completion yet, but it is nearing to completion. It is associated to number 7 of the Major Arcana - The Chariot - whereby the charioteer is manoeuvring the horses (in this case the sphinxed lions) to get to his destination which needs concentration, effort and finesse. It all depends how he manoeuvres the chariot. He may, or may not get to his desired destination/outcome. In the same way, the wait-and-see period of the Seven of Pentacles does not guaranty the desired outcome either, but one would think and believe that hard work always pays dividends.

The farmer on the Seven of Pentacles has got that concerned look on his face (Rider Waite imagery) - whilst he shows no annoyance waiting for things to unfold - but at the same time he is wondering IF things will turn out to be as he had envisaged.

There is no point in building over the textbook meaning of the card(s), but as I said the question of the querent will guide you to read this card.

As for the 'energy' behind this card, I do not understand what you mean by 'energy'..

There are far more ambiguous cards in the tarot deck than the Seven of Pentacles.  Six of Pentacles is one of them.

Hope this answers at least part of the question for you.

caroline36

Post by caroline36 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:29 pm

Eye of the Tiger,

I will disagree with you. For me, the cards represent energy translated in a symbolic way.... like in our dreams or like some people have the ability to "see" events. I can only rely on what others have said about it before, since I didnt make them up lol. This is how I learned to read the cards, studying other people experiences and applying to my own pratical experiences, if it makes sense. There is nothing magical about it, as you said.

Cedars

Thank you so much for your input. It was very clarifying and makes perfect sense for me. There are more ambiguous cards but this is the one I had doubts about.

ps: sorry about my english, it is my 2nd language.  

Carol

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:01 pm

Cedars

Thank you so much for your input. It was very clarifying and makes perfect sense for me. There are more ambiguous cards but this is the one I had doubts about.

Carol

Thank you Carol and a belated welcome to MB boards. We like people raising such points and questions in these forums rather than simply asking for readings and then disappearing for months and then coming back for more readings. Please continue to do so if you have any points to raise. Discussions and other points of views are always welcome :)

Cedars

stephybabes92

Post by stephybabes92 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:00 pm

cedars wrote:
Cedars

Carol

Thank you Carol and a belated welcome to MB boards. We like people raising such points and questions in these forums rather than simply asking for readings and then disappearing for months and then coming back for more readings. Please continue to do so if you have any points to raise. Discussions and other points of views are always welcome :)

Cedars
Some people do disappear for months but it is not always a selfish thing.
I even gave a couple of readings last time I was on here. I am back, and I have asked for a reading... I don't see why not. But I am also here to see what's changed and to get back into thinking about spiritual topics.

:smt007
x x x x x x x x Stephanie x x x x x x x x
             Live a life of love
                  Jesus is Lord! †

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:17 pm

I am sorry you're taking this personally Steph; it was not directed to any particular person. I was just speaking from my own personal perspective here being a member for the past seven years or so
and a reader too.

There was a time when there were as many discussions as reading requests...

Of course there is nothing wrong with coming back after a few months and asking for a reading, but the point I was trying to make is that discussion topics bring a breath of fresh air, as this site is not only to give and receive readings.

Enjoy your visit and welcome back :) :smt006  :smt006  :smt006

stephybabes92

Post by stephybabes92 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:45 pm

cedars wrote:I am sorry you're taking this personally Steph; it was not directed to any particular person. I was just speaking from my own personal perspective here being a member for the past seven years or so
and a reader too.

Of course there is nothing wrong with coming back after a few months and asking for a reading, but the point I was trying to make is that discussion topics bring a breath of fresh air, as this site is not only to give and receive readings.

Enjoy your visit and welcome back :) :smt006  :smt006  :smt006
Thanks  :smt028  :smt055
x x x x x x x x Stephanie x x x x x x x x
             Live a life of love
                  Jesus is Lord! †

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:11 am

While Mystic Board cannot survive on readings alone, they will always remain one of our biggest draw cards (pardon the pun) or attractions for new members.

The intention was (and still is) that both before and after the reading has been given that the person will stay around and take an active part on the forums, discussing subjects which they are interested in and making this community the special place that it is.

Cedars is referring here to what we call reading junkies, whose sole purpose is to get a reading, then another and another. Often within a very short space of time across multiple forums. Often playing one reader against the last. They very rarely even say thank you, let alone provide us with some useful feedback in return for the favour.

Anyone who has been here as long as Cedars and myself have can clearly remember when there were just as many discussions as reading requests. We enjoy and appreciate seeing people come back to visit us, but at the same time we realise that we all have a life to live outside of the internet, with all the challenges that this often involves.

It is a statement of fact that there has been a significant reduction in the number and quality of the discussions as well as an increase in the number of reading junkies or one timers especially since just before Christmas 2015, but this is not directed towards any specific person currently using this site.

If you think about it for a moment a large proportion of the unnamed persons to whom these comments are being directed have probably already left us long before now, and will therefore never see this posting, or have a fit of conscience about abusing our generosity.

Love and Light to all,

EoT :smt055

Talia

Re: Seven of pentacles

Post by Talia » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:38 pm

caroline36 wrote:I have a very hard time interpreting the 7 of pentacles. It was never clear for me what it means and I have been reading the cards for almost 7 years now. What would be the "energy" behind this card?
Positive, pensive and growing.  But the energy should not cloud your interpretation that is the beauty of the cards, there is an interpretation from the author, in the Rider Waite Smith decks that of course is AE Waite.

Have you meditated on the card or put yourself in the position of the gardener?

Return to “Tarot”