How do I find the traitor spread? Assistance needed please.

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

magictarotren

How do I find the traitor spread? Assistance needed please.

Post by magictarotren » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:40 pm

Ok I've been having a discussion with Cedars and looking through the forums and coming across Cedars replies, so now I have a good idea but I'm sure how best to go about it. I'm a novice reader and so far I've given very accurate readings. In all of my recent readings my sister will be facing a traitor in her near future, and she is always asking me to find the traitor and I do not have enough experience to get that answer for her.

I'd like to make my own spread for this, I know I can do it but not alone. The advice I'm for is is which cards to use. I feel like I should go through my deck(Raider Wait) and pull out and only use the major arcane and the 4 court cards. What do you guys think? Hopefully i can receive feedback from many of the community members here.

Cedars, if you see this, you have given me a lot of insight, and I truly appreciate it. You rock dude!

Talia

Post by Talia » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:06 pm

Hi,
I was trying to catch up on the advice that you have been given but couldn't seem to find it so I presume it was all given privately or have I missed a thread about this somewhere?

I can see that you are only trying to help your sister but bear in mind that the future may not have been created yet. There may be at the moment no traitor to find? And, I am presuming that you are interpreting the cards very literally if you see one as a traitor?

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:08 pm

Magictaroten
I have already replied to you via PM.... and I dont see why it could not have been aired in public....

I do not see the Three of Wands as a Traitor or treachery whichever way I look at it.
Similarly, I don't see the Ten of Wands in those terms too.
So, I am wondering how you have derived to that conclusion.

Quote my pm to you:
The Three of Wands represents waiting for things to unfold; choices have been  made and you can only wait-and-see if it will bear any fruits. I dont see any treachery or traitor situation here.
Ten of Wands is finally getting to your destination - obstinately and with hard work - against all odds.

I also see you are giving far too many readings on a situation and frequent readings on the same subject will give you ambiguous answers. Just leave the tarot aside for the time being and give sound advice to your family members. If they dont listen to your logical advice, then it is up to them to find out on their own.

Sorry for sounding harsh, but not everything is answered by the tarot.
All the best.

Unquote.
I hope you did not mind me quoting my response in public here.

When we learn the tarot and as a newbie we are tempted to refer to the tarot for everything in our life. Sometimes it is best to give one reading and let things unfold. You say you keep seeing the traitor thing in all your readings and yet your have not mentioned one single Court card in your readings.
My advice would be to take a step back and let your sister make her own decisions; if they are the wrong decisions, then she will learn from them. If there are lessons to be learnt, the tarot/Universe will not stop us from learning those lessons.

As I said, I dont work well with the Celtic Cross. To me it is a spread which does not make sense. Sorry CC lovers.

Talia

Post by Talia » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:37 pm

Oooh sorry didn't mean to step on any toes here. But your advice Cedars is spot on. It always worries me when a new reader says things about 'accurate readings' as I don't see tarot like that at all.
I would have thought traitor might have been something like the Swords cards, 7, 5, 10 etc but not Wands unless the turned back is the point here?

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:08 pm

You have not stepped on any toes Talia...

I only saw Magictarotren's thread this morning (the rest of our communication has been on PM basis) and I hastened to bring it to the public domain as I felt she would not mind and others may benefit from it and also give us their inputs and insights. Hope she will not mind.

I don't even see the Knight of Wands as a traitor/treachery figure. Yes, he is Impulsive, full of himself, but I don't see him as a traitor figure. The Knight of Swords, yeah, and some of the other Sword cards indeed.

The fact that Magicatarotren is requesting a spread to pinpoint the traitor in a situation, is something far too specific. I dont think she should aim to find this traitor, if in fact there is one. Even if there is a traitor - I would call it someone meddling in this situation - then he/she will be revealed.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:12 pm

Further insights on this thread.....
I have now been told the Three of Wands was reversed.......
My reply to the querent which I sent via PM.
I sympathise with you and your dilemma regarding your sister. I  really do.
The Three of Wands reversed may indicate a weaker energy of the wait-and-see situation of the  upright card. I feel the person is not willing to wait and see and wants to jump straight into it. The whole project (if you can call it that) has not been thought about, as the case would have been on an upright Three of Wands, and the person is just jumping right into it - almost like the Fool card.  This is what I feel without reading a book on its meaning as you have been doing.
Once again, I would just let your intuition guide you rather than give the reading through a booklet which came with the deck of cards.
I know your sister's situation is consuming you with concern, but, would it be harsh to say to let her make her own mistakes? You said it yourself that she is not listening to the what the readings are saying........ So, what is the point?
Cruel to be kind? Very difficult to apply it to a loved one. But, even as per the booklet that came with your deck says that there is a Traitor, what good will it do IF and when you found out who this traitor was? The point is: your sister is jumping into something without giving it a further thought; if anything, she is betraying herself and you - her loving family.

Dont torture yourself by giving endless readings based on a booklet.
What do you feel you should do in this instance?
We cannot give a reading for your sister here.
You are doing that already.
We are just trying to help you interpret the cards - but up to a point.

You can make her see sense. But beyond that, neither you nor us nor the cards can do much.

Let us know how things turn out for you and your sister.

Best wishes to you all.

magictarotren

Thanks eveyone

Post by magictarotren » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:56 pm

Unfortunately my phone doesn't seem to work well here. But there was a queen of swords in upright now I've had more time to reflect. As far as "accurate " goes i believe people tell me this based on the past positions and how they feel in they feel currently

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:15 pm

I am sorry, we cannot keep on deciphering your reading whilst you come back remembering what other cards were in the reading.  This is becoming a futile effort and I am sorry to say this..

This thread started with you asking for a spread to find a 'Traitor.'
You approached me with the same question via PM.
Then you told me you thought the traitor was in the form of the Three of Wands and the Ten of Wands.
Then you told me the Three of Wands was reversed.
Now you seem to remember a Queen of Swords.

I would kindly ask that we stop this interpretation of a reading which we know nothing about; what deck;  what spread and what cards were dealt for each placement.... By saying this I am not asking that you get back with answers to these missing information.

In as much as I/we/the community here would like to help you, this is not the way to go about it.

You, in your turn, are trying to help your sister by giving readings for her (and I am not sure if these readings are your own initiative or by her request). The time has come to let her go and do what she wants to do - I presume she is over 18.  You can seek assistance from other family members rather carry this whole burden on your shoulders alone.

You are only 26 and I can only presume your sister is even younger than you.

I agreed to help because your question was related to tarot, spreads and generally on tarot itself... It has now turned into a sporadic interpretation of a third party reading without even having the full picture.

There are some good people in this forum who are happy to give their insights, guidance and how to look at the tarot cards. We all have our own way of dealing with the cards and I hope you will get the benefit of the knowledge being passed on to these boards by other members including myself.

Thank you for your trust in me and I/we will be happy to answer any other tarot-related questions.

Now you look after yourself too.

Return to “Tarot”