magictarotren's thread (moved from introductions)

For Tarot discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

magictarotren

magictarotren's thread (moved from introductions)

Post by magictarotren » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:45 pm

Good advice, thank you. I only start to feel exhausted after doing 4-5 readings back to back though and I always feel good in the end. My nephew loves my readings since they have high accuracy and he wants to just keep on going. Over the past few days I've decided to take up the internet tarot challenge, it is a lack of faith in myself and not wanting to fail that was holding me back. I have a high accuracy rate so i'm not giving in! Tarot brings me a peace and I love being able to bring that to others. No worries, I'll use the correct forum and take it slow, I took a hiatus from reading while raising my first little one, I just need to get my natural flow back. Thanks again.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:08 pm

Message received.

I feel that a discussion of your personal experiences with regards to learning the Tarot while at the same time bringing up your family would be useful to beginner readers, and help them to avoid the common traps that so many of them fall into, early in their career.

Even if this discussion saves one newbie reader from premature burnout, then it will have served a useful purpose.

Happy New Year,

Brian  Image

Talia

Post by Talia » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:10 pm

Well I think you must be mad to even attempt that many readings back to back! lol! I once did 10 in a row and massively enjoyed the experience, it was a charity reading event of short fast readings but not recommended more than once lol.

Do you ground and protect after every one and why so many back to back?

magictarotren

Post by magictarotren » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:38 pm

No i don't but my husband recently taught me an aura meditation. One where you move your aura throughout your body so i will start that in between each reading. As for the great numbers in succession I don't leave my house often so i become bombarded by family about it. Its not a big deal, i love it and I'm not getting quite as exhausted now.

Talia

Post by Talia » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:26 pm

I would never read for my family. I refuse point blank. Personally I think it is unfair for them to ask you. I find that I already know the answer to my family's questions and problems and I have to distance myself, the cards always reveal the same information too.

Do you do a full spread, with a reading cloth and a spread? I find that helps to give the right atmosphere or respect and so limit the energy drain, good preparation rather than just throwing down a few cards on the kitchen table or in front of the tv.
Do you have any other decks> and what spreads do you use?
Also an aura meditation may not be the best idea as that might strengthen your aura but not your ability to stay grounded and draw up energy rather then dissipate it.

magictarotren

Talia,

Post by magictarotren » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:50 pm

I use the full spread with my own special reading cloth. I had a basic raider waite that got lost in my many moves. Only deck I have left is my magic manga tarot, which is loosely based off raider waite apparently upon my further investigation. I mostly use the celctic cross and mirror (love) spread. I also enjoy the gypsy spread, but honestly I have a notebook full of spreads, i use whatever i need depending on time frame or how specific someone would like something read. I know how to do the grounding, and i will before reading, otherwise I'll focus on aura meditation as I can only focus when my husband is home. My two kids only attack me when I really need a moment to myself, otherwise they have fun on their own.

Talia

Post by Talia » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:18 pm

Sorry I threw rather a lot of questions at you there, I just get over eager sometimes. I read all that and two things jumped out to me one was that you can only focus when your hubby is home? Is that cos of the over eager children that 'attack' you? Is that a language misunderstanding or do they really leap into action and fire swords at you?

And I have to say its Rider Waite Smith not Raider unless you have some different deck that is confusing me?

I tried the Manga decks but have a pile of them sitting on my shelf, they didn't seem to be respectful enough for me but then I am getting older now lol

magictarotren

Post by magictarotren » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:26 pm

When my two little ones see me in need of peace and quiet to work on something they like to jump on me and ask for my attention even though I make sure they get lots before I have mommy time. I'm just not allowed to have mommy time lol. No, it's Rider Waite, I made a weird typo.

http://cardcaptorsakura.wikia.com/wiki/Clow_Book
This was my first tarot deck as my mother wouldn't allow me to have a regular one. It was off an anime and someone took each of the 52 cards and interpreted them for actual use. Even then I was still able to make a good reading with them and so I saw the magic manga and was able to make a connection and here I am now. Others say they don't like it by I can connect, so it works well with me.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:28 pm

Return to “Tarot”