I dont' think I'm an aries anymore

Meet people born under Aries here

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Sirius4979

I dont' think I'm an aries anymore

Post by Sirius4979 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:48 pm

I feel like I've became something else now.
When I was a teen I was a true aries, full of energy, adventure, stubburness, heroic and unstopable.
Did I mention, not only I'm a ram, but in chinese zodiac I'm also a goat.
That should make me extra stubburn.

Anyway these are my likes and dislike that makes me unqualify for an aries.

1. My favorite color is green, yellow
2. I like peace and harmony, I love meditating
3. I am careful, cautious.
4. I'm a slow driver
5. I'm perfectionist, I get irritated when I don't get what I want.
6. I'm very organized, when it comes to group project.
7. I don't want to be a leader of the group, I just like to support.
8. I feel, I care, and I'm sensitive.  (not gay)
9. I love to study life, and I can just sit in one location and enjoy the peace all day.

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:51 pm

You are more than your Sun Sign.  Check out your whole chart.  There may be other influences you are moving towards.  Image
Stand in Love,Walk in Love, Live in Love ड़ारा
Nora Roberts
Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice.

DancingFlame

Post by DancingFlame » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:31 pm

They say arians are much better when they grow older most of the negative traits just fade away.

nancyrella

Post by nancyrella » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:48 am

sounds like you just somewhat became a capricorn...
capri-aries.
post-happy*

JelliedJonquil

Post by JelliedJonquil » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:39 am

I understand this, I think maybe in some way you've evolved to become a better Arian?  Or clusters from other signs are becoming more dominant in your Arian sign?  We are still learning about how signs affect us in more ways than one, maybe with the universe changing nothing can be set in stone, it is the same for star signs to change and evolve along with the universal patterns??

Maybe tigers do change their stripes?

JJ
Faith in oneself to believe in faith to believe in oneself.  JJ

Betrayed

Post by Betrayed » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:12 pm

I'm like you. I fit everything on that list except "being organized".

If you take a peep at some of the topics in the Western Astrology section, you may get a few hints. ;)

wickedfox

Post by wickedfox » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:03 pm

I feel the same way... But, I believe its from years of stumbling over my own hooves in my haste to get it done. *lol

I'm moving towards the cusp, mellowing out and thinking before reacting more than I have ever done in my life..

It's hard to move in this new body....
Without love in the dream it will never come true. - The Grateful Dead

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:24 pm

You need to understand there is far far more to astrology than just ‘sun signs’ firstly there are 10planets in the sky and 12houses and any one of these 10planets can be in any one of these 12 houses – so there’s 144 possible combinations there –

What is vitally important is your ‘time of birth’ and nearest town and then go to free website like astro.com to calculate your natal chart, you may have to reduce the image in Extended chart selection to 63% save to your hard drive, then upload here.

Basic astrology
Now basically your sun sign is your 'core beliefs, values, ego' and Asc is your physical body, mode of expression and mask and persona that we all wear and hide behind, but definitely not what's going on underneath. What's going on underneath is your Sun sign. Moon sign, house placements and aspects describe your emotional and intuitive responses, also describes your view of your mother, as saturn describes your father by sign and house position.

So, think of a glass milk bottle the bottle is your Asc and your sun the milk, but the milk still has to 'come out' through the glass neck of the milk bottle....

Now aspects within a natal chart represent 'facets' of our personality, because we are all multifaceted beings. What these do is 'break down and compartmentalise' these facets into smaller bite size chunks. This does take quite a lot of self analysis and objectivity to 'see yourself' and why you do certain things and behave in certain ways. Actually it can be quite good therapy...

Remember back to your school days an opposition is 180', square 90', trine 120', and sextile 60' Now challenged aspects are conj (depending on the planets, cos some like each other and some really don't) squares and oppositions. Easy aspects are conj (if the planets get along) eg: Jupiter conj Moon, sextile and trine. Quincunx is inbetween (depending on the planets) causes health strains and unresolved or hard to balance planets/energies.

mysticvirgo

Likewise We all 'progress'

Post by mysticvirgo » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:59 pm

As we travel along with the wheel of life, we also "progress" in astrological terms.  Basic principle is that one takes the natal chart and advance it forward one day for each year alive.  I think it is very possible that you have moved closer to a Taurus phase of life.  Google "Progressed Astrology" should prove interesting to you

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:53 pm

Your natal chart is like a photograph as unique as your fingerprint, BUT the 10planets in the sky have not stayed where they were in your natal chart, they have all moved. Predictive astrology is mostly maths where those 10planets are now and the mathematical aspects they make to your natal charts ie: 180'=opposition, 90'=square, 60'=sextile and 120'=trine.

So your personality, grows, develops, changes, matures as we get older, this is reflected by your sun sign changing from it's natal position to the next sign along, so does your Asc and MC sign change. In fact from sun to mars espec are important, as the outer planets really don't move much, using a 'day for a year' secondary progressions.

If you want to research more into Secondary progressions try, cafeastrology, also wikipedia has great section on astrological progressions and lastly astrologyweekly forum

The most important of progressed planets is of course, sun & moon and then upto mars, as the outer planets hardly move by progression. Now like with transits, solar arcs --- it's what these progressed planets are doing NOW by mathematical aspect to your natal planets and Angles that is ultimately important.

AriesJupiter

Post by AriesJupiter » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:27 am

Did you know that when you grow out of your teenage years and into an adult, I've heard you grow more into your Ascendant (or Rising) sign?

You sound very much like me. I am Ascendant Taurus. You might also be the same. Taurus Ascendant is very slow and cautious, practical, & mellow...

I am an Aries Sun and, I too, used to be very aggressive like an Aries, all fired up... but I have mellowed out and become more like a Taurus.

Look up your birth chart (you will need your birth date, time, and location of birth in order to know the exact Ascendant)

This is important though. It will probably answer your question as to why you feel this way. It did for me!

(Also, green and yellow are peaceful colors, earthy too- they also remind me of Taurus the bull. But you could be another Ascendant too. Just probably not Aries)

Hope this helps ;)

Tamaria3

Mellowed-out Aries?

Post by Tamaria3 » Tue May 04, 2010 5:40 pm

Well, yes, the progressed sun does change things a bit, but it's more like a life-cycle thing than a complete Sign change. Even mellowed-out Aries people are dynamos, it's just that they finally want some stability in their lives when Taurus comes into the picture.

I had an early progression at age 21 and should change to the Gemini stage in my early 50s. At 21 I was ready to settle down to having a stable family life in which to explore my various changing interests and actually started finishing some of those myriad projects! ;)

I suspect that in my 50s I won't want to be the Hermit any more, because I will have some of those creative magnus opus finished at last. As the Gemini progression takes hold I will want to be sociable, share the fruits and travel more often.

BTW a piece of doggerel about Aries came to me last night, hope you like it!

I'm not often contrite---
Because I'm always right!
So if a Sheep I be...
Listen carefully,
Soon I'll be a Ram,
'Cuz that's just what I am!

---TS Woodall (written 5-3-10, 1:20 AM)
Love, Light, & Life!

AriesJupiter

Post by AriesJupiter » Thu May 06, 2010 2:40 am

Tamaria,

I was talking about the actual Ascendant (rising sign) rather than progressed Sun... but you're right, a progressed Sun into Taurus could cause the effect you described (although mine has been progressed into Taurus for years and I don't necessarily feel that way) but my Ascendant is in Taurus, so Taurus is ingrained in my personality. So, like I said, you grow into your Ascendant (it can become more prominent than the Sun in many ways- or modifies it greatly, & becomes more apparent).

Nice poem.

Tamaria3

Ascendant Progression?

Post by Tamaria3 » Fri May 07, 2010 5:09 pm

Glad you liked the poem, "I am" is supposed to be the Aries key phrase, so  that's why I put that in italics, although when the lines came to me I wasn't thinking about that, so I thought it was kinda funny.

Hmm...I never really thought about it like that, but I suppose if your Sun progresses, all the rest of the planets would follow suit.

If your Ascendant is Taurus, then it would have progressed into Gemini, right? That should make you more outgoing, broaden your range of interests, and make you want to share and visit with like-minded people. Is this true in your experience? Probably you also don't take emotional issues quite as seriously as you once did.

The Ascendant is your outward personality, so its also possible that as you learn about your inner depths you start being more emotionally and spiritually authentic and your Ascendant has less bearing on you. Except in situations where you are meeting new people, for example, and then you might adopt the 'Mask' as a sort of protective mechanism.

Just a thought...

---TSW

AriesJupiter

Post by AriesJupiter » Sat May 08, 2010 4:11 am

You're right, my progressed Asecendant is in Gemini. I am quite outgoing, etc. like you described, but my natal Mars is in Gemini, too, so I just thought that was the reason for it...

I really was just talking about the natal Ascendant, "growing into it" "becoming it" (not progressed in any way) But it's okay to analyze the progressed aspects as well.

I would say, though, that I do strongly identify with my Taurus Ascendant, especially as I have gotten older (like I was saying, about "growing into" & "identifying more" with the ASC). I have always been very Taurus ASC-like, but now that my teen years are over, I have mellowed out a bit & that Taurus ASC isn't budging! I will not be pushed around, am more calm & resistant to fussy upset than ever... maybe it's just because I'm tired of change/drama, etc! But I find myself very Taurean when I am most grounded & at peace. Just my thoughts, anyway.

Return to “Aries - March 21 - April 20”