The number 5

For numerology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

brittneyblr

The number 5

Post by brittneyblr » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:04 pm

The number five is in every important number in my life. Ever address I've ever resided in both phone numbers my SS# and just about everything else i was wondering what meaning is attached to the number 5. I had never really thought about it until i found this web site and learned about numerology and it was really amazing how 5 is in everything for me.  :smt003

FireRose

Post by FireRose » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:17 pm

Hello  :)
5 is a huge number for me too. careful what u say about ur SS# hehe but er mine too!

what I know about number 5:

it's associated with:

Mars-Aries-aggression-fire-war-freedom-independence-boredom-passion
"I want it, I want it, I have it, I don't want it anymore" attitude

In the Bible - grace and/or redemption

You can probably find more info if you google it ... that's what I did! Now if I could only get some info on 27....

drrnwynbchnbrgr

Post by drrnwynbchnbrgr » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:38 pm

27    It is a counselor, a volunteer, and an artist, and is often successful. It represents inheritance. It is sometimes rigid and narrow-minded.

FireRose

Post by FireRose » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:48 pm

WOW is that ever true! I am all of those things though not often narrow-minded I'm actually very open-minded but we all have our moments... :-D THANKS!

Janani

Post by Janani » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:22 am

Thx it is really true it actually works awesone  :smt005

FireRose

Post by FireRose » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:01 am

I've been feeling very "5" lately. I can't sit still and I'm so easily bored.

It's tough being a stay-at-home mom in a 5 phase LOL errr  :smt005

jld

Post by jld » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:07 am

That's sweet though, you have a little one?
Yeah fives like some excitement...5's my hidden passion and I'm in a 5 challenge now. I stay at home with my daughter... just turned two. I'm mostly the reclusive 7 though so I don't mind. My challenge is getting some quiet time. lol :)

LivingDeadGirl

No 5?

Post by LivingDeadGirl » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:53 pm

I totally believe in it.It actually shows unity between nature elements (4) and soul.All those five elements makes the nature complete.
So,No 5?Basic.

RoseRed

Post by RoseRed » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:42 pm

"The symbolism of numbers has an ancient history. That the number two indicated the female and three the male, was intuitively seen and known in periods long antedating psychoanalysis. In the analytic sense three is male and typically indicates the penis and testes. Two is female and most typically is represented by the breasts. Displacements of the two-three symbolism are possible.

Ancient symbolism saw unusual force in the number five because it contained a conjunction of male and female elements. In one sense it might be possible to conceive this force to be the symbolization of the powerful procreative meaning of coitus. In more vital aspects it would represent the man and woman found as a pair in facing vital problems. The most common fusion of this sort would be in marriage."

"The sum of the first even and odd numbers (2 + 3) is 5. (To the Pythagoreans 1 was not a number and was not odd.) It therefore symbolizes human life and—in the Platonic and Pythagorean traditions—marriage, as the sum of the female 2 and the male 3. The Pythagoreans discovered the five regular solids (tetrahedron, cube, octahedron, dodecahedron, and icosahedron; now known as the Platonic solids). Early Pythagoreanism acknowledged only four of these, so the discovery of the fifth (the dodecahedron, with 12 pentagonal faces) was something of an embarrassment. Perhaps for this reason 5 was often considered exotic and rebellious.
The number 5 was associated with the Babylonian goddess Ishtar and her Roman parallel, Venus, and the symbol for both was the five-pointed star, or pentagram. In England a knot tied in the form of the pentagram is called a lover’s knot because of this association with the goddess of love. In Manichaeism 5 has a central position: the first man had five sons; there are five elements of light (ether, wind, water, light, and fire) and a further five of darkness. The body has five parts; there are five virtues and five vices.
The five fingers of the human hand lent a certain mystery to 5, as did the five extremities of the body (two arms, two legs, head). A human placed in a circle with outspread arms and legs approximates the five points of a pentagon, and if each point is joined to its second-nearest neighbour a pentagram results. This geometric figure is central to occultism, and it plays a prominent role in summoning spells whereby it is supposed to trap a demon, or devil, who can then be compelled to do the sorcerer’s bidding. The belief that 5 was sacred led to an extra element, augmenting the traditional four that made a human being. This fifth essence, or quintessence, is the origin of the word quintessential.

In Islam 5 is a sacred number. Foremost are the five Pillars of Islam: declaration of faith (shahadah), prayer (salat), fasting during Ramadan, giving alms (zakat), and making the pilgrimage to Mecca (the hajj). Prayers are said five times every day. There are five categories of Islamic law and five law-giving prophets (Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, and Muhammad)."
http://www.britannica.com/blogs/2007/04 ... mbers-1-5/

"The most destructive known hurricanes rate as Category 5 on the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Scale.
The most destructive known tornadoes rate an F-5 on the Fujita scale.
In Greek Orthodox Christian mysticism, the number 5 symbolizes the Holy Spirit as the bearer of all life.
The book of Psalms is arranged into five books, paralleling the Five Books of Moses.
The Khamsa, an ancient symbol shaped like a hand with five fingers, is used as a protective amulet by Jews; that same symbol is also very popular in Arabic culture, known to protect from envy and the evil eye.
The Torah contains five books—Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy—which are collectively called the Five Books of Moses, the Pentateuch.
According to some traditions of Maya mythology, we are now living in the Fifth World.
In East Asian tradition, there are five elements: (water, fire, earth, wood, and metal). The Japanese names for the days of the week, Tuesday through Saturday, come from these elements via the identification of the elements with the five planets visible with the naked eye. Also, the traditional Japanese calendar has a five-day weekly cycle that can be still observed in printed mixed calendars combining Western, Chinese-Buddhist, and Japanese names for each weekday.
In some cultures there are five cardinal directions, including the center.
In radio communication, the term "Five by five" is used to indicate perfect signal strength and clarity.
On almost all devices with a numeric keypad such as telephones, computers, etc., the 5 key has a raised dot or raised bar to make dialing easier. All other numbers can be found with their relative position around the 5 button.
The five basic tastes are sweet, salty, sour, bitter, and umami (Umami is a Japanese word meaning savory).
The number of Korotkoff sounds when measuring blood pressure."

dblmagus

Post by dblmagus » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:07 pm

The Law of Fives states simply that: All things happen in fives, or are divisible by or are multiples of five, or are somehow directly or indirectly appropriate to 5

The Law of Fives is never wrong.
   —Malaclypse the Younger, Principia Discordia, Page 00016

^_^ Sorry, 5 always makes me think of Discordians. Hail Eris!

incidentally, i was engaged on 5/23 ^^

RoseRed

Post by RoseRed » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:47 pm

lol @ dblmagus!

NAAANEE

Post by NAAANEE » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:37 am

what's your actual dob? how 5 is recurring in your life?

Return to “Numerology”