Becoming more and more of a recluse by choice, WHY?????????

For numerology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Smiling From Within

Becoming more and more of a recluse by choice, WHY?????????

Post by Smiling From Within » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:06 am

Hello,  

I am a life path 7 and i've noticed lately that i've started cutting off my friends and now i'm turning into a bit of a recluse.  

I know why i've cut off my friends and i can validate that reason to myself and it's in-line with my ethics; but i feel i am drawing into myself more and more each day and i dont like the feeling.

I'm not working at the moment and seem to be caught up in spiritual development.  

Am i supposed to be going with this flow? I'm getting a little swamped and confused.

Any enlightenment would be fantastic.

Smiling From Within xx

drrnwynbchnbrgr

Post by drrnwynbchnbrgr » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:36 pm

The seven withdraws from the bustle of ordinary life in order to enter into life at deeper levels.
A desire to know core meanings motives the 7 to engage mind and intuition fully.

So yes this is a normal path for you,

But the question is what part of your life is causing you to withdraw at this time. What seems to be out of order /chaotic for you . The positive 7 can be alone but not lonely for in loneness he finds the self and though the self discovers the whole. Again what in your surrounding is causing you to post this question at this time .  the positive seven can be a bacon and lighthouse for others .for within your core is wisdom and insight .

drrnwynbchnbrgr

insight into the seven

Post by drrnwynbchnbrgr » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:10 pm

the dilemma   fear     sevens looking not at all concerned move toward people in an attempt to charm and disarm with pleasantry. faced with a frightening early life, seven children diffused their fear by escaping into limitless possibilities of imagination.

Sevens do not broadcast anxiety. they do not look afraid. they tend to be lighthearted and sunny often addicted to planing and play.

their core of paranoia SIX does not surface as long as thinking can be channeled into visionary plans of future success.

the seven seen as the image of peter pan .,of the puer and puella Aeternus, the eternal child. also the image of narcissus , the youth who fell in love with the image of his own face reflected in a pool.

narcissus was loved by the nymph named echo but because he was absorbed in the mirror of his own splendor he could not hear her calling his name
self involved he failed to respond and her voice reduced to an echo.

Sevens are buoyed by a belief that life is unlimited. there are always interesting things to do .if lifes not adventurous why live it? why get hung up when you can move on.

Sevens  HABITUAL PREOCCUPATIONS  INCLUDE

THE need to maintain high levels of excitement. many activities ,many interesting things do to wanting to stay emotionally high.

maintain of multiple options as away to buffer commitment to a single course of action

replacement of deep contact with pleasant mental alternatives .talking planning and intellectualizing .

charm as a first line of defense .fear types who move toward people avoid direct conflict by going through the cracks talk your way out of trouble.

an attentional style of interrelating and systematizing information, such that commitments necessarily include loopholes and other backup options this style of attention can lead to

rationalized escapism from difficult or limiting tasks.

the ability to synthesize unusual connections and parallels between what appear to be antagonistic or unrelated points of view.

i will post more at a later time

jld

Post by jld » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:53 am

What's your source?...very interesting and I do relate. Hope you'll post more.

drrnwynbchnbrgr

Post by drrnwynbchnbrgr » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:58 am

Jamie as i continue  my studies of numerology  i have began to include  "the Enneagram" more and more.. the above post is from a book that i am currently reading   " The enneagram  undersanding yourself and the others in your life"   by Helen Palmer  the material that i have come across in the last few months  gives  deeper insight into the  energy vibrations of the 1-9 core numbers.  its my opinion that any one that is serious about studying and learning numerology should include and expand their studies beyond what modern basic numerology has to offer in and of itself .

drrnwynbchnbrgr

sevens and threes look alike ?

Post by drrnwynbchnbrgr » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:27 am

Sevens have a great deal of energy and will work hard as long as their interest holds .  they can resemble threes on the surface willing to compete ,interested in winning and certainly concerned with the mirroring of their own excellence through others peoples eyes .the three and the seven may look similar from an outsiders perspective but they operate from very different internal world views.

threes want power over others ,because they measure themselves by the degree of others peoples respect and regard.they want to pick one professional track in which they can climb to the top of the competitive ladder. the proofs of a successful climb are image security title and prestige.

Sevens sitting on the same competitive front bench are involved in an" interesting activity ;one of many that i can do" . they also want the high regard of others, although not in the form of power over them. they do not like to be labeled according to profession  " To call me a physician is limiting" i am far more than that any one thing"  

the ideal is to maintain an excellence in worthwhile activities .  " i run, i cook, i write poems, i can do anything".  Sevens are far less inclined to go to the top particularly if there are too many demands on their time, or if they have tp confront those who do not think well of them.  

they want to know that they were accepted to complete in the best track but they may not want to limit their other interests in order interests in order to push forward to the top rank.  

"i want to know im capable,but i do not have  to prove myself "   on a personal not i relate very well  for i have a seven maturity number and this hits home .

they are likely to work several days straight to earn the money to get away ,rather than several days straight to buy a fancy car.
the proofs of achievement are having gotten to do a lot of fascinating things in life and having risen to the top without having gotten pinned down by permanent commitment.

the psychological difference between the workaholic three and the more narcissistic 7 is that for three ,personal value rests on earned  achievement .the real self may not exist, but ones credentials do.

the focus of attention is on doing one thing very well ,because a three's value in the eyes of others depends on the brilliant accomplishment of a task.
they work far harder than they wish to ,because their reward is not in feeling good ,but in the power to command other peoples respect.

Sevens  equally desirous of the good opinion of others ,will see their regard as an accurate mirror of personal inner worth.

they need not constantly exert because "life is good ,and im glad im me "  if others do not recognize their inner merit ,Sevens  will turn to themselves for comfort. ,rationalizing the rejection as no fault of their own.

the self has so many dimensions,so many possible avenues of play. A  bad time can be erased by a hike in the country, a good book, bright sunshine  a hot cup of tea .in a way ,narcissists suffer less than threes from the disregard of others , because they have themselves for company and because  they are convinced of their own bright destiny ...

again on a personal note its seems like it was written for me   reason being  i have a three hearts desire number  and a seven maturity number

As we move along our  journey home  ,we evolve . The many numbers that make up our being come in and out of play .

jld

Post by jld » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:59 pm

I agree...the enneagram has some good stuff. I was researching enneagram on the web. I found correlations as well. I'll have to check out the book you mentioned. I'm type 5 in enneagram...surprise, right? Does the author relate the type type 5 to the seven? They seem to go together.

drrnwynbchnbrgr

Post by drrnwynbchnbrgr » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:30 pm

Points five six and seven  grouped on the left side of the enneagram. Represent three different strategies for dealing with childhood fears.

Jamie you have a 14/5 maturity number so you will relate very strongly to this energy .i too can relate for i have a 14/5 life path .

The enneagram  connects us to numbers in a different way then numerology does  (questions and interviews) grouping us into pattern types  .One can use their numbers from their numerology chart  and expand how these vibrations work viewing them from a different view piont. As define in the ennegram . what i found  intriguing was that any set type ,example the five can change/ fluctuate  along energy lines or groupings .in other words a five is a five, but  given certain conditions can seem to be something completely different    

The five The observer

The observers ego is like a castle .A high .impenetrable structure with tiny windows at the top. the occupant rarely leaves its walls watching who comes to the door in secret, while avoiding being seen. Observers are very private people. they like to live in secluded places,away from emotional strain.They are often at home with the phone unplugged ,and they watch the action from the edge of a crowd, making tentative effort to join.

the five  maintain emotional distance from others . protect privacy, dont get involved. doing without is a defense against involvement. feel drained by commitment and by other peoples needs . compartmentalize obligations; detached from people ,feelings and things.

evolved fives can be excellent decision makers ,ivory- tower intellectuals and abstemious monks.

have a great day my friend

jld

Post by jld » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:51 am

Thanks for recommending the book. I am enjoying it. It's funny...when I was studying enneagram and type 5 before those "5" qualities tended to get magnified. I can see this happening again. I generally just have to remember to not take myself so seriously and that helps. I'm starting a new job in less than a week so I am interested to see how that will go...me being such a home-body and all. Do you think the five point seems more like 7 in numerology and the 7 point like the five in numerology. That was my impression before.

drrnwynbchnbrgr

Post by drrnwynbchnbrgr » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:12 am

Jamie am glad that i could help , And yes i do see your point about the five and seven .You have a brilliant mind my friend .Good luck on your job.

jld

Post by jld » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:25 pm

Thanks! You're brilliant yourself!

Smiling From Within

Post by Smiling From Within » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:14 am

Thanks for your detailed information into 7's, its so funny how a number can describe and give insight to your character and personality.  

Just to update, i'm no longer feeling in a weird place, i must say due to to info given and showing that what i'm going threw is normal to a 7.

Although, i have already started to pull away from yet another friend!!!!!!!!!!!  And i figured out that due to so much psychic explorations and development that my vibrations are frequently being raised so i'm just not gelling with my usual friends anymore.  I'm understanding fully how everyone is here to do there own thing, so it's just how things have to be and i'm learning from it.

Many thanks

'Smiling From Within' xx

nitinsaxena77

Post by nitinsaxena77 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:34 am

thanks for all the above info.

Return to “Numerology”