Two Twenty Twos in chart.

For numerology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Sorrow

Post by Sorrow » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:58 pm

Here is some more on calculation from the same book:

2. Calculating Your Life Path
There are many ways to calculate a Life Path number. What I would like to do is show you which
method I prefer and why. All calculations will result in the same one digit final number; however,
they may result in different double digit numbers such as 11, or 47, or 56 instead of the single
digit number of 2.
Numerological calculations and how they work
First let’s take one step back and talk a little bit about how a numerological calculation is made.
When numerological numbers are calculated (totaled) they are frequently reduced to their
smallest (single digit) number, or if a number ends up being 11, or 22 then that number is usually
not reduced because it is referred to as a master number.
Pythagoras first indicated master numbers 2500 years ago. There is currently some controversy
regarding master numbers and their importance, but we’ll leave that discussion for another book.
To complete a numerological calculation then, if for example you end up with a number 43, you
would add the 4+3 and end up with 7 as the final number. That number may also be displayed as
43/7 (which in numerological shorthand means 43 – which reduces to 7). If a number added up
to 47, you would add the 4+7 and get 11, but because the number is 11 or 22 (a master number
we talked about above), you would not reduce that number further. That number would be
displayed as 47/11/2 – to indicate that the number 47, it adds to 11, and that the final single digit
number equals 2. Some numerologists may also display 47/11 without the final 2 indicating that
11 is the number being interpreted.
The dangers of single-digit reducing methods
Many numerologists still recommend reducing all numbers to a single digit number 1-9, and
keeping 11 and 22 as valid master numbers. Other numerologists use the double-digit number
and even triple-digit numbers. I strongly recommend interpreting at least a double-digit number.
The reason I recommend using double-digits is that it is much more important to do a
numerological interpretation of 11 if we know that the numbers that formed the 11 were 47, and
they were not another number, for example 38. This becomes extremely important when you
learn that 47 interpreted numerologically indicates a spiritual leaning facilitated by responsibility to
something, or someone in a practical way. On the other hand 38 indicates a drive to succeed in a
material way by expressing oneself creatively.
I think you can see how different these two digit numbers (47, and 38) are interpreted
numerologically and how that interpretation is completely lost if you do not know you had a 47, or
38 to begin with, but instead only have the number 11 to work with. For these reasons it is best
to get the most accurate double-digit number you can before reducing further, and then to
interpret that double-digit number correctly. The reason that I use double-digits (instead of tripledigits)
when calculating the Life Path is because by using the Pythagorean method described
below, it is only possible to have a maximum Life Path number of 55.
How to calculate your own Life Path using the Pythagorean Method
Now that we know the basics of numerological reduction, let me show you exactly how the Life
Path is determined from the date of birth. You must use the actual date of birth that is indicated
on the birth certificate for this calculation. Write out your date of birth as you normally would, for
Americans that would be December 22, 1957, but write out the date as numbers for example
12/22/1957.
Now remember that we reduce numbers to get a numerological calculation. In this example we
would start with 3 (which comes from 1 + 2 = 3 for December). To this we add the date of 22 (not
reduced because it is a master number of either 11 or 22). To this we add the reduced
numerological digits of the year 1957. Practice with your calculations on this one. To reduce
1957 we add 1 + 9 + 5 + 7 = 22. Again we do not reduce the 22 since that is a master number of
either 11 or 22. Our final Life Path number then is the addition of the reduced Month, Date and
Year of birth which in this example would be 3 + 22 + 22 = 47.
I’ve laid out the calculation below to make it easier to see how it is done.
Date of Birth: December 22, 1957
Month = 12 = 1 + 2 = 3
Date = 22 + 22
Year = 1957 = 1 + 9 + 5 + 7 = + 22
==========
Total = 47 displayed numerologically as 47/11
Other methods and how to calculate them
The calculation method described above is often known as the Pythagorean method – it means
that Pythagoras developed it. Remember that Pythagoras did his work 2500 years ago and that
he was working with information passed down from sages and mystics that originally created
numerology – most likely this occurred from 25,000 to 50,000 years ago!
The method described above is one of many methods that can be used to make this calculation.
I will briefly cover all of the other calculation methods that I know of below. Feel free to use the
method that you are most comfortable with, perhaps you will find value in interpreting all of the
different calculation methods and looking them up in the following section of this book. I do want
to tell you why I feel that the Pythagorean method is superior to other methods, and I will discuss
that in the following section of this chapter.
Using a new example of December 21, 1964, below you will see 7 different methods of making a
Life Path calculation. Note that the examples do not include the above Pythagorean method.
1.)Horizontal method (adds together all the numbers horizontally)
12/21/1964 = 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 9 + 6 + 4 = 26 / 8
2.)Month/Day/Year method (adds unreduced month and day to horizontal reduced year)
(month) 12 + (date) 21 + (year reduced1964=1+9+6+4=20) 20 = 12 + 21 + 20 = 53 / 8
3.)Month/Day/Year method (with reduction of date and horizontal reduced year)
(month) 12 + (date=2+1=3) 3 + (year reduced1964=1+9+6+4=20) 20 = 12 + 3 + 20 = 35 / 8
4.)Month/Day/Year method (with reduction of date & month and horizontal reduced year)
(month 1+2=3) 3 + (date=2+1=3) 3 + (year reduced1964=1+9+6+4=20) 20 = 3 + 3 + 20 = 26 / 8
5.)Month/Day/Year method (with reduction of date, month and complete reduced year)
(month 1+2=3) 3 + (date=2+1=3) 3 + (year reduced1964=1+9+6+4=20=2+0=2) 2 = 3 + 3 + 2 = 8
6.)Modified Month/Day/Year method (year is reduced partially, month/date are not)
(month) 12 + (date) 21 + (year reduced1964= 1+9=10 + 64 = 74) 74 = 12 + 21 + 74 = 107 / 8
7.)Vertical method (2 digit number from year, date, month are added without reduction)
12/21/1964 = 12+21+(year split into 2 digit numbers=19 + 64) 19+64 = 12 + 21 + 19 + 64 = 116/8
Why the Pythagorean method is recommended
The Pythagorean method adds together all three numerological periods of your life to arrive at the
number of your Life Path. These three periods are used for further calculations that involve your
date of birth and they are used to arrive at other numerological calculations in your life such as
the Pinnacles, and Challenges (or specific periods and the unique challenge you may face during
that period).
Because the Pythagorean method adds together the three periods of your life, from the base
numbers of each period, in the same way that those numbers are calculated when your Pinnacles
and Challenges are calculated it leads to a pure calculation which is more like you. That is why I
feel you should use the Pythagorean method when making your Life Path calculation.
Which method should I use and why?
I strongly suggest that you find one method, learn that method and stick with it, as it will make
remembering how to do the calculation that much easier. That being said, and after having
shown you nearly every other method that is available, I will again say that I recommend the
Pythagorean method over all others since that method uses the actual periods within your life that
are used for other calculations in your overall numerological chart.
It makes sense that if you use those numbers in one way in one area of your numerological chart
that you would use them in another place in your chart in the same way. This is called
consistency and is something that I prefer to have working with me when doing a Numerology
Reading. If you mix and match different methods throughout the reading it may lead to an
inconsistent reading throughout, and result in a far less productive and less interpretive reading.

Copyright © 2002, Brett A. Simpson – www.thedreamtime.com

Return to “Numerology”