For numerology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

dhav

Post by dhav » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:42 am

hjey Guys Ia m born on the 13 may.Isn't that cooool.
Well I ahve been always proud of that number and would disregard other what they would say of this number.Recently i was searching about 13 number it is said itis  one of the most auspicious number existing. ;-)

Friday 13 i like buying Lottery on that day.lol
OnLy*I*LoVe*U~~I am a sweet Lovely Girl

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:01 pm

Isn't that just it....we can put a meaning on anything or any symbol.  It would pay us to keep it positive in nature.

drrnwynbchnbrgr

Post by drrnwynbchnbrgr » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:53 pm

but these meanings and symbols are connections, a way for us to have a deeper understanding  .A meaning on anything , yes i agree but within is energy .which can flow in many directions.  on a good day i weigh my bad , on a bad day i weigh my good .......

Wolfshadow

Post by Wolfshadow » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:32 am

I have to agree with drrnwnybchnbrgr, that their appears to be a connection of some sort.
I am looking for answers to the many strange things that have happened and continue to happen in my life.

fisk_82

Post by fisk_82 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:52 pm

i was born on 13 april... i think 13 is a perfect number :D

Wolfshadow

Post by Wolfshadow » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:19 am

A Jewish boy automatically becomes a bar mitzvah "son of the commandment" upon reaching the age of 13 years, and a girl upon reaching the age of 12 years. Technically, the term refers to the child who is coming of age, and it is strictly correct to refer to someone as "becoming a bar (or bat) mitzvah." However, the term is more commonly used to refer to the coming of age ceremony itself, and you are more likely to hear that someone is "having a bar mitzvah." In its earliest and most basic form, a bar mitzvah is the celebrant's first aliyah. During Shabbat  services on a Saturday shortly after the child's 13th birthday, the celebrant is called up to the Torah to recite a blessing over the weekly reading. The celebrant is also generally required to make a speech, which traditionally begins with the phrase "today I am a man." The father traditionally recites a blessing thanking G-d for removing the burden of being responsible for the son's sins (because now the child is old enough to be held responsible for himself).
I am looking for answers to the many strange things that have happened and continue to happen in my life.

Wolfshadow

Post by Wolfshadow » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:00 am

And while we're on the subject, it is worth noting that the number 13 is not a bad number in Jewish tradition or numerology. Normally written as Yod-Gimel, 13 is the numerical value of the word ahava (love, Alef-Hei-Beit-Hei) and of echad (one, as in the daily prayer declaration, G-d is One!, Alef-Cheit-Dalet). Thirteen is the age of responsibility, when a boy becomes bar mitzvah. We call upon G-d's mercy by reciting his Thirteen Attributes of Mercy, found in Exodus 34:6-7. Rambam summed up Jewish beliefs in Thirteen Principles.

Wolfshadow

Post by Wolfshadow » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:03 am

1.   G-d exists
  2. G-d is one and unique
  3. G-d is incorporeal
  4. G-d is eternal
  5. Prayer is to be directed to G-d alone and to no other
  6. The words of the prophets are true
  7. Moses' prophecies are true, and Moses was the greatest of the prophets
  8. The Written Torah (first 5 books of the Bible) and Oral Torah (teachings now contained in the Talmud and other writings) were given to Moses
  9. There will be no other Torah
 10. G-d knows the thoughts and deeds of men
 11. G-d will reward the good and punish the wicked
 12. The Messiah will come
 13. The dead will be resurrected
These are the 13 principles of Rambam.

Wolfshadow

Post by Wolfshadow » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:16 am

When the Jim Carrey movie "The Number 23" came out, I was wondering why they did not focus on the number 13.

Wolfshadow

Post by Wolfshadow » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:33 am

I edited my original post because I saw that my math did not add up. But drrnwynbchnbrgr posted some interesting numbers that have brought me to post back in what I removed. The year 2012 is said to be a humbling time for us all. I originally posted what I saw as a connection between 2012 and 13. I stated that the Maya's (and other civilizations) predicted that on Dec. 21 of the year 2012, bad things would happen. 12/21/12. I don' really know how I came up with the numbers, but I somehow added up each separation and came up with 13/13/13/. There is a post under general discussion 'All About 2012' that seems to support my thoughts.

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:58 pm

hai,  thanks for sharing this, really thought provoking.  I am very much interested in reading things like this, from all religions of world. I feel every religion has same basic principles, as u said , the year 13 is mostly regarded special in HINDU"s life too, from that age( atl east after celebrating that sacred thread wearing ceremony in our custom and religion (UPANAYANA) or Brahmopadesh, a child i s  regarded  a man, )and we say after that , he has to bare all his responsibilities and from that day he attains manhood, and karmic sins will go to him and not to their parents.  But now a days we deviate from all, and many are doing that sacred functions at their convineance, because  cost of living prevents them from doing that at an early years, or  many factors contribute its delay.

It is firm belief in Vedic Astrology, one should never look into birth charts of a child until he completes the age of twelve, so i agree with u the age 13 is crucial to decide one's life.  As such i can conclude, the number 13 has prominent place ever, which no one can deny.  Let me tell  , I am  basically from vedic astrology forum, has interests in all subjects, and trying to learn as many as possible.

i tell u to go through, all posts in this same heading 2012 in our site, really they are very interesting, hope u will  enjoy reading them all.  I request u to share more .  Please do write more on number 11 and 22 , 23 , 19.  Thanks, if u already wrote on this please ,give the links, so as to facilitate easy reading for me.  I am always fascinated by numbers , because i always find these quoted numbers playing vital roles in my life.

with warm regards

prasanna.

om sai ram
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

alpanasharma1311

Post by alpanasharma1311 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:06 pm

I had another input on number 13. US has considered number 13 as important, the flag has 13 stripes, when it became independent country, it had 13 states originally and even the annoucement letter through which independence was announced was signed by 13 persons, its motto E.Sluribusllnum has 13 characters and when George Washington raised rebulion standard he was saluted with 13 guns.

I find number 13 a very lucky number. I had been doing a lot of study on this number as my birthday too falls on 13 nov.
asharma

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:46 pm

thank u for sharing about number 13 alpana.  Do share more here , welcome to the mystic board .  I too love the number 13 ever.  i found now one more scorpion today .
You are 1311, iam 11 11., always i find this 11 is very lucky for me.  you are exactly 10 years  2 days younger to me in age ,.  as a senior i bless u ,u should lead  life  with  all good things in your life .  I know scorpions are lovely people they care  more for others.  I  have the habit of  collecting chart informations ,  of people born under scorpio zodiac.,through vedic astrology, , i used to analyze ,( as my interest is more in vedic astrology than numerology,) but i like to learn more in numerology too, as iam always fascinated  by numbers. i will try my level best to learn more so that i can answer ur query about the names of your children. please try to share your findings about people born on november.  Thanks.
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

Wolfshadow

Post by Wolfshadow » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:00 pm

My memory is not so good when it comes to remembering dates. My wife reminded me about our wedding anniversary a couple of days ago. And wouldn't you know it, it is our 13th wedding anniversary!

Wolfshadow

Post by Wolfshadow » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:08 pm

Hello prasanna, thank you for posting. I need to tell you that I am not a numerologist, I just see the number 13 as something that manifests itself over and over again. It seems to be a hidden number, wanting attention.

Return to “Numerology”