Father's/Mother's Surname - Core Numbers

For numerology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Latinkangaroo

Father's/Mother's Surname - Core Numbers

Post by Latinkangaroo » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:26 pm

I am having a bit of a dilemma in calculating my core numbers.  

My birth date is 14/01/1975 and was born in Sydney, Australia.

My full name on my birth certificate is Demetrio Orlando Padilla.

My parents were born in Ecuador and but they are not married.  From what I’ve read that when a couple is married, the wife takes the surname of the husband.  So should I  base my core numbers on “Demetrio Orlando Padilla Diaz?”

An interesting fact is that during my high school years in Ecuador, teachers, businesses and the government usually know you by your full name including your mother’s surname.  In Australia, you only use the first name, middle name and father’s surname.

Another question I also had is in regards to my first name.  My father, brothers and friends from school in Ecuador and in Australia,  I was called “Demetrio” or “Dem” for short.

On the other hand, my mother has always called me “Orlando”.  Ever since I started working in my family business, I’ve changed my name to “Orlando Padilla” so that I’m not confused with my father’s first name “Demetrio”.  My customers and my new friends now know me as “Orlando”.  This sometimes causes confusion when my two group of new and old friends come together.

For paperwork and signatures, I sign as Demetrio O. Padilla.

So, is it “Demetrio” or “Orlando”? 

Last but not least, if I was to do the same calculation of my core numbers in Spanish, would my numbers change?  In the Spanish alphabet, there are some other letters like ñ, ll and rr.  Do they have different number values?  

At home, I speak Spanish with my family and my friends.  But  at work, I speak and write in both English and Spanish.   Does this also make a difference with the vibe in the numbers?

I really appreciate your help.  Thanks again for your assistance.

Kind regards,

Demetrio O. Padilla

Nimisha

Post by Nimisha » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:05 pm

From all I have studied, the most accurate way to go is to use your name as listed on your birth certificate.  Nicknames or names adopted later (marriage, name changes, etc.) give a vibration for that time period, but the birth name is the true character of your being.

When I am doing reports for people with two surnames, I join them together (this matters more for essence and transits than for core numbers).  I do the same for a person with two middle names.

The question about the use of other language's alphabets is interesting.  I have thought of this, but I have no answer.  But obviously, English is not the first language that has applied the use of numerology.  China, Egypt, Greece...they all used the science of numerology thousands of years ago.  It has just been converted to English at some point in time.  Maybe someone else here has studied more of the historical aspects of it and can say what to do about foreign letters.    :)

Return to “Numerology”