numerology and shadow work

For numerology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

drrnwynbchnbrgr

numerology and shadow work

Post by drrnwynbchnbrgr » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:17 am

First, what is Shadow Work? "Shadow Work" is based on the theory that we all have a "dark side" within our personality and it develops and becomes more powerful as we repress our inner desires. We may find these desires unflattering, inappropriate, unattainable or embarrassing. Numerology can be utilized in Shadow Work to provide a detailed personality portrait that can help you to see the various layers, aspects, and sides of your personality. We are all very complex, and being able to see a description of your personality can allow you to look deeper into your nature and accept the different parts of your personality.

'Shadow' Numbers are simply your 'main' numbers subtracted from nine! So for John James Smith, his Destiny Number is 8, which when subtracted from 9 gives him a Shadow Destiny Number of 1.  An interpretation of this is that John James Smith is NOT a leader.

'Shadow Numbers' exist for all the main numbers you have calculated so far.

If the result of this subtraction is zero, then the correct 'Shadow Number' is nine.

The reason for this is that    9  =  1  + 8    so working backwards, 9 'becomes' 18,  so subtracting 9 from 9 is like subtracting 9 from 18!  This is a peculiar characteristic of the number 9 only!

What's the significance of 'Shadow Numbers'?  

The 'main' numbers show what ARE your characteristics, and the 'Shadow' numbers show what you are NOT!  When you have written down your 'Shadow Numbers', use these interpretations to see if that makes sense for you, personally, but remember that you will be reading about what you are not!:

first line is the positive /balanced side
second line is the shadow/unbalanced
third line archetype
Independent, Inventive, Thinker
Needy, Follower, Gloomy
Child

Cooperative, Communicative
Stubborn, Persistent, Greedy
Mercury

Friendly, Creative, Giving
Aloof, Miserly, Destructive, Cold
Kali, Dark Mother

Leader, Responsibility
Lazy, Incompetent, Thief
King

Explorer, Generous, Traveler
Outgoing, Selfish, Dependent, Cheat
President

Compassionate, magnetic, dependable
Obstinate, dogmatic, stubborn
Cinderella

Social, Thinker, Strategy
Greedy, Obstinate, Loner, Dull
Scientist

Expert, Champion, Business-minded
Slovenly, Uncoordinated, Powerless
Baseball player

Wanderer, Wise
Ignorant, Closed, Egotist, Slow
Einstein

jld

Post by jld » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:26 pm

Thanks for your post! So with a life path 7 my shadow life path would be 2. This fits well with my undertanding of what my challenge in this life is. Not to say that I can't have these aspects but that I have to work towards them. The 2 is also a karmic lesson for me. Cooperation. Partnerships. And the 3 is the shadow of my personality....I need to learn how to better communicate and positively express myself to others. I am not so outgoing but I am friendly and creative. And I have been very self-destructive in the past. It's interesting how with my astrological natal chart as well the same karmic type concepts arise...the lone wolf coming together with others. This concpt reminds me of the enneagram type work as well. Getting out of our comfort zones to personally grow.

Ironfoot

Post by Ironfoot » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:48 pm

Yep yep, I have worked with this shadow number concept myself, specifically towards compound numbers. I look at it a bit differently, though.

The additive result of a compound number resembles the positive state of that particular number, while the subtractive result resembles the negative state. My Expression in Pythagorean is 92. Therefore, its normally calculated as a 92/11/2. In this case, if I'm in a positive state of mind, the number reads as 92/2, which denotes the positive qualities of the 2. I would be cooperative, sensitive to others needs and adaptable. However, if I'm in a bad mood, then the number is read as 92/7, which denotes the negative qualities of the 7. I would be antisocial, withdrawn, cynical and bitter.

I have found this to be highly accurate, especially the negative result of 7 (I'm too cynical as it is, I need to work on that!). And looking at other readings, the results are accurate as well. There are two sides to every coin.

As a side note, I believe this to be one of the clues as to why Master Numbers are so powerful. Each one has a 0 negative state, being everything and nothing! 11/0, 22/0, etc.

That's my interpretation of Shadow Numbers. In any case, its something to be explored to better understand the subject. Many of us operate in the negative state, so if these states are identified and eliminated, then the positive state can be achieved! Again, this has been my experience and I hope all of this helps out other people looking for answers.

Return to “Numerology”