For numerology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:59 am

fisk_82 wrote:This thread is interesting. Anyway, i'm curious what do you numerologist see in 13 number it self? It's a good number or always it's relating with bad luck?

Go through this beautiful elaborate  post od our friend , Wolfshadow and also the link which Iam giving u now, so that u yourself can learn about Number 13.

http://www.squidoo.com/significance-of-13

Regards,
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:07 am

What IS the Significance of the Number 13?

1313 Mockingbird Lane. Friday the 13th and 13 black cats . Baaaad omens. It's 2009 and there remains an air of mystery surrounding the number 13, carried from dark times that still causes most of us to avoid anything associated with the number 13. High rise buildings are built without 13th floors (if there are 14 floors, there is a 13th floor but it's either skipped or renumberated?!?) , airplane flight numbers are reassigned to avoid this association.

Yet in many indigenous traditions, the number 13 is considered to have auspicious meaning and to bring blessings and happiness.

In this lense we'll look at the number 13 and debunk some of those myths and explore the true significance of the number 13.

Significance of 13: Myths and Misconceptions Around 13

To indigenous cultures the number 13 has spiritual significance and often holds prominence in ritual art, ceremonial songs, time and placement.

So where did it all go wrong? How did it go from having positive, spiritual significance to holding such an air of forboding?

It seems that the stories begins in the year 1307 during the time of forced suppressed by the King of the the Knights Templar and rumor of beginnings of Freemasonry. It makes sense that the origins of the Friday the 13th theory would be associated with these secret orders, shrouded in mystery, conspiracy to the throne and death.

Tradition says that the final act of suppression of the Knights Templar occurred on October 13, 1307. Which I am sure resulted in the violent death of Templar leaders and known associates. As the stories go the particular day of the week happened to be... Friday. And since that time, Friday the 13th has been held as the most ill-fated of all days.

Although I found no where to confirm this, only other similar incidents, I believe that it would have been consistent with the practices of some early church leaders eager to increase church followings to seize the opportunity to discredit pagan and/or indigenous beliefs by misrepresenting the significance of the number 13 and incorrectly associating it with frightening pagan rituals, secret orders, mysterious symbols, bad luck and the number 13.

Recent inquiries into hidden documents of the church along with new fields of study such as fractal geometry have opened up the conversation about numbers, esoteric knowledge and the significance of numbers in art, science even spirituality.
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:07 am

The Significance of 13: Christian Traditions

According to tradition, Jesus received the three Magi on the 13th day of his life. This day was once associated with the Ephiphany. The Magi were "wise men guided by the stars" and would have trained, if not experts, in astronomy, divination and what we would now call esoteric arts. Certainly, it is not beyond reason to suppose that there was more going on there than a casual visit to an infant child but more of an investigation of great spiritual, even historical proportion.

At the Last Supper, a primary historical moment for the Christian Church and the subject of Leonardo DaVinci's famous painting, there were a total of 13 in attendance including Judas Iscariot whose betrayal of Jesus led to Jesus's act of sacrifice in his crucifixion. Tradition says that Judas was the 13th to sit at the table and the first to leave.

Again, recent fictional writings about Leonardo DaVinci and research into his involvement in secret societies and studies of esoterica has created significant questions in the minds of a great number of people, experts and laypeople alike. . Artists of old such as DaVinci, Fibronacci, Michale Angelo and many others are inspiring a new generation of artists, scientists and religious leaders in a quest to unfold life's mysteries.
prasanna

fisk_82

Post by fisk_82 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:54 pm

Thank you for the answer ;D

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:35 am

You are very welcome dear friend.
prasanna

enumero123

13 THIRTEEN

Post by enumero123 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:27 pm

the number is often considered an unlucky number  perhaps because it has been called the number of death .many people do not realize that it refers not to physical death, but rather to a mystical death of old, worn-out ideas and circumstances . it represents those who have been reborn through their mental powers of transmutation; therefore thirteen is a sacred number.

we can think of the number 13 in three ways ; as generation (creativity), degeneration  (a "fall" from grace ), or regeneration (the attaining of higher consciousness). with these considerations,it behooves number thirteen individuals to strive  to transmute all their "vices " into "virtues".

they must act squarely and be just, merciful, and moral to attain victory for their higher soul selves. number thirteen people go through trails,tests, temptations in their search for a way  to the greater life of spiritual consciousness . their consciences must always be their guides they must  seek more light .

fall =6133= 13 , soul =1633 =13,way =517=13 ,seek 1552=13

the number thirteen is more spiritual than the four (the single -digit number to which 1 +3 add ) because the higher octave numbers have greater power vibrations that can be used for the benefit of others . 13 individuals are called upon to sacrifice self for others and for the eventual good of all humanity . 13 is a number of wisdom and right judgment . spiritual growth more often is attained through pain than through pleasure .

the meanings might account for number 13s being called unlucky however it is only considered unlucky by those who do not understand.

the seeking: the better way

Wolfshadow

U.S. Aircraft Carriers

Post by Wolfshadow » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:41 pm

The flight deck of a U.S. aircraft carrier is 13 degrees off center.

I saw this information presented on a military TV program. I have not personally confirmed it to be true. Meaning that i have not seen it written in any online material as yet.
Last edited by Wolfshadow on Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wolfshadow

New world currency

Post by Wolfshadow » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:43 pm

On April 13, 2010, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) suggested that a new world currency called the 'Bancor' replace the U.S. dollar.
Last edited by Wolfshadow on Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wolfshadow

January 13th, 2011

Post by Wolfshadow » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:06 am

"Countries across the Middle East need to shake up corrupt institutions and reinvigorate stagnant political systems or risk losing the future to Islamic militants", U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said on Thursday, January 13th, 2011.

Another 13. Did Hillary Clinton's speech in Qatar set off the turmoil in the middle east? Very curious that the speech was on January 13th.
I am looking for answers to the many strange things that have happened and continue to happen in my life.

Wolfshadow

July, 2011

Post by Wolfshadow » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:17 am

In 2011,  July has 5 Fridays, 5 Saturdays, and 5  Sundays. This apparently happens  once every 823 years!

8+2+3 = 13

enumero123

forgivness 13/4

Post by enumero123 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:16 pm

forgiveness a perpetually state ......1. Lasting for eternity.

2. Continuing or lasting for an indefinitely long time.

3. Instituted to be in effect or have tenure for an unlimited duration: a treaty of perpetual friendship.

4. Continuing without interruption. See Synonyms at continual.

5. Flowering throughout the growing season.

18:21 -

Then Peter came to Him and said, "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?"

18:22

Jesus said to him not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.,

in numerology

7X70 = 490 / 4+9=13 ( 13 karmic debt) ." Hard work and slow progress, this Karmic Debt number is difficult but rewarding when enough effort is applied. Grounded and down-to-earth. Reliable, trustworthy, but sometimes rigid and

lacking a sense of humor. Those with the 13 Karmic Debt will work very hard to accomplish any task. Obstacles stand in their way, and must be overcome time and again. One may often feel burdened and frustrated by the seeming futility of one's efforts there may be a desire to surrender to the difficulties and simply give up on the goal, believing it was impossible to attain in the first place .But efforts are not futile, and success is well within reach. One simply must work hard, and persevere in order to reach the goal.

The key to succeeding with the 13 is focus. Very often, people with the 13 Karmic Debt do not concentrate or direct their energies in one specific direction, or on a single task, but scatter their energies over many projects and jobs, none of which amount to very much. A temptation with the 13 is to take shortcuts for quick success. Too often, that easy success doesn't come, causing regret and the desire to give up. The result is a poor self-image, and the belief that one is incapable of amounting to very much.

p3ntacle

Post by p3ntacle » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:45 pm

Thank you for that post. I was born on a 13. I think I have karmic debts because it seems like I've been put through too much stress to endure. It is karmic debt, but I'm trying to figure out what.

But also, I have a feeling it is about gifts and fruition.

blackspring

Post by blackspring » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:09 am

I found this post very interesting to read, especially since I currently live on the 13th floor of my building. Being a former literature major, I was interested to read the story about Matthew Arnold and his connection to the number 13. Thanks so much for sharing this.

Wolfshadow

Mayan Shamans

Post by Wolfshadow » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:22 am

Sometimes, elder Mayan shamans know when a child is destined to be a great shaman while the fetus is still in the womb. When the baby is born, they wrap 13 bandages around it's head, covering the eyes.The bandages stay on until the child is either 9 or 13 years old, loosened as the head grows. This is apparently done so as to sharpen the young shaman's other senses, and to not 'pollute' the initiate with worldly ways.
I am looking for answers to the many strange things that have happened and continue to happen in my life.

Wolfshadow

Pope Gregory

Post by Wolfshadow » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:13 am

The current Pope, Pope Gregory is the 111th Pope. Withing 111, lies 13. There are 3 number 1s in it. I think it is Nostradamus who wrote that the last pope would be the 111th one.

Return to “Numerology”