For numerology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Wolfshadow

Post by Wolfshadow » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:10 pm

In the United States legal system, there are 12 jurors and one judge =13.  There is no law anywhere that requires 12 jurors. So why 12?
I am looking for answers to the many strange things that have happened and continue to happen in my life.

Wolfshadow

Post by Wolfshadow » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:22 am

Alexander the Great's heyday was cut short when he died from fever,... 13 years into his reign. He was 33.
I am looking for answers to the many strange things that have happened and continue to happen in my life.

kellysa111

Post by kellysa111 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:11 am

I was born on the 13th. Friday October 13th to be exact  :smt003

Wolfshadow

Post by Wolfshadow » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:03 pm

Hello kellysa111, thanks for your post. I noticed that this was your 13th post too!

Wolfshadow

Post by Wolfshadow » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:14 pm

In the Great Seal of the United States there are 13 olive leaves (with 13 olives), 13 arrows, and 13 stars. These form a triangle over the eagle with the number 13 on each point. On the reverse the pyramid has 13 levels

KingAcePD

Post by KingAcePD » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:42 am

This topic went up to 13 pages, if it weren't for me. :P

boondoggy

the significance

Post by boondoggy » Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:16 am

The significance of any number is that it exists!

If you look, you'll notice 13 is represented in all traditions.

One theory is that it takes 12 spheres to render 1 centre sphere invisible.
Based on that proposition there are 12  members in a coven who provide invisibility and psychic energy for one witch/wizard (who is the 13'th sphere).
Solar astrology (used for fun and light predictions) has twelve signs as they are based on the movement of the sun through 4 seasons consisting of 3 months each.
Lunar Astrology (used for deep insights) has thirteen signs as they are based on the lunar movements of 13 months made up of 4 weeks each.

Friday the 13th was deemed unlucky after The Pope ordered the orchestrated murders and assassinations of the Papal army, The Knights Templar, to be carried out on that date.

great thread
cheers
boondoggy

boondoggy

Post by boondoggy » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:24 am

[quote="alpanasharma1311"]I had another input on number 13. US has considered number 13 as important, the flag has 13 stripes, when it became independent country, it had 13 states originally and even the annoucement letter through which independence was announced was signed by 13 persons, its motto E.Sluribusllnum has 13 characters and when George Washington raised rebulion standard he was saluted with 13 guns.

I find number 13 a very lucky number. I had been doing a lot of study on this number as my birthday too falls on 13 nov.[/quote]

I don't mean to be picky but isn't the US motto "E Pluribus Unum" Which is Latin for - "Out of Many, One" ????
If not what does "E Sluribusllnum" mean???
My body tells me things that my mind disregards
My mind speaks firmly and my body just laughs.
My spirit reminds me that they both mean well

boondoggy

Post by boondoggy » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:26 am

accidental double post!
Last edited by boondoggy on Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

boondoggy

Post by boondoggy » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:42 am

oops!
I forgot to mention the 13th (hidden) solar sign.
That sign belongs to "The Astrologer" who through his understanding of astrology knows he is in fact the embodiment of all the signs at the same time. Knowing his being is in perfect balance with the entire cosmos he rises above Astrological paradoxes.

Wolfshadow

Post by Wolfshadow » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:08 am

Not to say that you are in error, but I was watching a TV program one night and the topic went to the zodiac. They stated that at one point in history, there was a 13th sign that was called '0phucus' (I'm not sure if I spelled that right). This 13th constellation was located at the strategically important center of the Milky Way galaxy. That brings to mind the year of 2012, which is when there will be an alignment of our solar system with the center of the Milky Way galaxy. Strange occurrence isn't it?

Add the recent sun activity, strike that, I should say inactivity at this point it time and you have more to contemplate. I know that I do. There has not been such a lull in sun spot activity since 1913. (There's another 13!).

Wolfshadow

Post by Wolfshadow » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:12 am

The Sixteenth Amendment (Amendment XVI) to the United States Constitution allows the Congress to levy an income tax without apportioning it among the states or basing it on Census results. This amendment overruled Pollock v. Farmers' Loan & Trust Co. (1895), which greatly limited the Congress' authority to levy an income tax.

It was ratified on February 3, 1913.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/16th_Amend ... nstitution

The 16th Amendment to the United States Constitution is ratified, authorizing the Federal government to impose and collect income taxes.

boondoggy

Spot on!

Post by boondoggy » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:25 am

Ophiuchus
(Oh-fee-uke-us)
The serpent holder, Oph. ("Gus" for short) represents Aesclepius the healer. Although not traditionally considered part of the zodiac, the sun now is actually within Oph. longer than it is in Scorpius.
Faint stars. Look for Ophiuchus holding the Serpent (Serpens) between Arcturus (Bootes; locate with Big Dipper) and Altair (Aquila; cf. Summer Triangle).
Visible in the Summer evening sky (I presume it relates to the Northern Hemisphere.)

You've gotta love Google!
It turned up this reference.
http://homepage.mac.com/kvmagruder/bcp/ ... ns/Oph.htm

Well done Wolfshadow!
Attachments
Oph.gif
Oph.gif (7.9 KiB) Viewed 3644 times

Wolfshadow

Post by Wolfshadow » Fri May 15, 2009 5:02 pm

Thanks for the chart boondoggy.

Wolfshadow

Post by Wolfshadow » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:10 am

There are 13 'Great Houses' in Chaco Canyon in New Mexico, USA. This place is said to be astronomically aligned to the stars.

Return to “Numerology”