LEARNING TO LOVE SHANI (aka.SATURN)

Learn about the influence on your life of the planetary positions, and their placement in the various astrological houses.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

mysticdoubts

Post by mysticdoubts » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:20 am

rohiniranjan wrote:Edited quote for brevity and reducing confusion amongst readers if any!
The name is Rohinira<N>jan, ms. :-)

I have personally always avoided studying my own chart and using it as the gold standard for testing rules and tenets. I am not self-realized or even fully realized! This practice/stance has never gotten in my way as far as learning astrology or practicing it over the last few decades.

*Adult* is a label that is shifting with time and location! Is it 12 (classics), or 16 or 18 or 21? Or 25 (when writing a will!) ...

If it is a minor and it is a parent who seems concerned, and there is an issue (birth defect, autism, etc) then age is not a deterrant. So -- case-by-case!

Regarding the time, date, place of DEATH being predetermined, I can only answer that if you search and get back to me with definitive evidence that the time, date, place of BIRTH were predetermined!

Fair enough?

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

**[quote=Rohini Ra<N>jan, i find your quereies and posts very interesting. Which would be the best site/book to begin a study in Vedic astrology. Also i have three queries concerning astrology.

One is, many astrologers have told me one should not study one's own horoscope.

A child's horoscope can only be charted but not analyzed until adulthood.

Is the time/place of birth and death predetermined.

Thanks in advance .

Regards
Radha
[/quote]

Rohini my apologies for not spelling your name right.. pardon me for the oversight.

Of coures Rohini you are right, esp liked your logic on birthdefect/autism.... wonder if astrologers have done a compartive study of horoscopes of autistic children and found similarity in planeteary alignments? Wouldnt that be an interesting study?

Also ceasarean births put paid to the notion that our birth is predetermined... LOL.. would u be able to explain this i.e. that we can chose our offspring's horoscope... :)

Of course i cannot find proof that time and place of death is predetermined but some strange incidents lead us to such ideas... for instance a person is so critically sick but he walks out alive goes home in the pink of health and dies for some other reason or an accident at some place else... thats what brought on this concept of predetermined place of death....

Would u recommend a good site or book to begin my study in vedic astrology? I have couple of books but am somewhat confused with the content and its BV Raman's "beginner's guide to astrology."

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:00 am

Dear Radha,

If astrologers (particularly those with a flair and understanding of research) were endowed with million and billion dollar grants to do research (like other scientists are) then perhaps they would have the resources to do what you ask :-)

What makes you think that cesearean births are all delivered truly by the surgeon's choosing? Explore that 'lay-myth' a bit more rigorously ;-)

And please do not use the ancient myth of Parashara seizing the golden moment while in a boat with Matsyagandha to procreate Vedavyaasa!

Let us deal in FACTS, particularly personally researched FACTS!

RR

<Wikipaedia is as wicked as the one who updates it!>

[quote="mysticdoubts"]Rohini my apologies for not spelling your name right.. pardon me for the oversight.

Of coures Rohini you are right, esp liked your logic on birthdefect/autism.... wonder if astrologers have done a compartive study of horoscopes of autistic children and found similarity in planeteary alignments? Wouldnt that be an interesting study?

Also ceasarean births put paid to the notion that our birth is predetermined... LOL.. would u be able to explain this i.e. that we can chose our offspring's horoscope... :)

Of course i cannot find proof that time and place of death is predetermined but some strange incidents lead us to such ideas... for instance a person is so critically sick but he walks out alive goes home in the pink of health and dies for some other reason or an accident at some place else... thats what brought on this concept of predetermined place of death....

Would u recommend a good site or book to begin my study in vedic astrology? I have couple of books but am somewhat confused with the content and its BV Raman's "beginner's guide to astrology."[/quote]

mysticdoubts

Post by mysticdoubts » Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:58 pm

Rohini,

Have u read Robert Svobodha's book on Saturn??... Its a great book and gives us many insights into saturn's role in our lives.

I will reread that book this weekend and post some pertinent points for an invigorating debate.. :)

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:01 pm

I am aware of this book. Thanks in advance and looking forward for discussing further...

Regards,

RR

[quote="mysticdoubts"]Rohini,

Have u read Robert Svobodha's book on Saturn??... Its a great book and gives us many insights into saturn's role in our lives.

I will reread that book this weekend and post some pertinent points for an invigorating debate.. :)[/quote]

kkss

The 108 names of Shani

Post by kkss » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:26 pm

Thanks for the very interesting and useful article on Lord Shanidev. I have always in my heart felt that Shanidev can be Kind and Considerate. I have always had a soft corner for him.

makowtom

Post by makowtom » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:04 pm

I am Sun in Gemini also Mercury and Mars conjunct ( all three ) &nbsp;they are all in opposition of my Moon in Sagitarius and then squared by my SATURN in Virgo. &nbsp;I feel I am constantly jerked from happy to sad - Is there any good way to handle this?

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:05 am

[quote="mysticdoubts"]Rohini,

I will reread that book this weekend and post some pertinent points for an invigorating debate.. :)[/quote]

Hi,

Still waiting ...!

Saturn is predictable and thus manageable; it is the other ruler of aquarius that remains in hiding and strikes like a writhing cobra from time to time! The allegory of Kshirsagar (milkyway) manthan (churning!), all over again!

Sun and moon hounded by eclipses!

Return to “Planets and Houses”