equal/inequal houses

Learn about the influence on your life of the planetary positions, and their placement in the various astrological houses.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

dee

equal/inequal houses

Post by dee » Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:12 pm

Most Indian systems and many western systems follow the eqaul house system-where there are 12 houses in each ,each beloging to a zodiac sign. However many western systems follow the inequal house system, where a house can cover more than one sign! sometimes even two! Thus some houses are larger and some smaller!

Ofcorse this is more complex...but i wonder if anyone has first hand expereince to share in a compartive way?

regards dee

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:44 pm

Well for me, according to Westren Astrology, Saturn is in the 8th House & Scorpio, but Pluto is in the 9th House & it is also Scorpio.

& then I have Uranus in Saggitarius in 10th House. & Neptune & Jupiter which is in 10th House but Capricorn & then Moon, Mercury & Venus also in Capricorn but 11th House.

This is a copy of Horoscope Chart.
Attachments
My Horo Chart Westren.png
My Horo Chart Westren.png (47.81 KiB) Viewed 2875 times

dee

Post by dee » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:12 am

yes, this is the inequal house system!

if you observe your 8th house encomapsses the signs of libra and scorpio- but yr pluto falls in its scorpio section/cusp! as per yr chart-saturn appears to be in the 9th house- in its scorpio cusp (as yr 9th house covers scorpio and saggittarius)....etc etc.....

rgds dee

business voodoo

Post by business voodoo » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:03 am

house systems are the perspective of looking at a chart.

the equal and unequal houses serve different purposes, as do the theory behind each of their various methods of construction.  in equal houses, for instance, you have a "destiny" house system, which is based on the calculations of midheaven and the houses are divided on that basis.  and then you have an 'environmental' house system, which is based on the calculations of the ascendant and then the houses are divided on that basis.  the unequal houses have deep philosophical methodology behind their calculations and relationships with the environment they are represent ... the placidus is perhaps the most popular and useful one dealing with western psychological astrology.  i have found the koch house system to be a consistent one to cross-platform many different astrological philosophies, including a western version of sidereal astrology.  as houses go, i have found that various astrologers resonate and work with a particular house system, and some astrologers uses a variety of houses depending on the house system's resonance with the client ...

personally, i remain open to everything as you never know when you need a specific perspective on a chart that you may have never thought about using before ...

Return to “Planets and Houses”