Astronomers say Pluto is not a planet~!!

Learn about the influence on your life of the planetary positions, and their placement in the various astrological houses.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

EarlofLeicester

Post by EarlofLeicester » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:53 pm

L-C wrote:Im just putting in my two cents here. I was quite shocked when i seen it on t.v that they were claiming that pluto was no longer a planet it was now going to be classified as a dwarf planet. Then they proceeded to say to forget what we were all taught in school and forget Pluto was ever a planet!! Now how am i suppose to do that? My children still consider it a planet as well as I but for our own reasons. I just dont understand how scientists or even people with what they claim to be power can go around changing important things like that without having a vote of some kind! Just my oppinion
A pointless reclassification by the IAU.  Pluto (and Charon) is the only tangible real estate at 6 billion kilometers from the sun.  It may be small in planetary terms, but it is still significant, and certainly astrologically.  The fact that so many people complain about the IAU's reclassification is that there is significance beyond mass and orbital mechanics.

We still love you Pluto!  (Hey, as a Scorpio, it's a requirement, right?)
The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom while he sits by his hearth at home.
Quickly finds when questioned by others that he knows nothing at all.
- The Havamal, verse 26

Return to “Planets and Houses”