Moon Via Combusta?

Learn about the influence on your life of the planetary positions, and their placement in the various astrological houses.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

succesfulama

Moon Via Combusta?

Post by succesfulama » Sun May 27, 2007 5:31 pm

right now my almanac says the moon is in via combusta...does anyone have any info on what this means? it sounds bad!

my half-ass research says don't start anything important, or make any decisions during this time, as it's worse than the "void" period.

does anyone know how this affects day-to-day decisions? any advise?

Gentlesorp

15 deg Lib to 15 deg Sco

Post by Gentlesorp » Wed May 30, 2007 10:51 pm

Via combusta is translated "the burned path", or "fiery way".  I found out this corresponded to the half of Anu descending south which contained the constellation Scorpio and malefic fixed stars.  Because of precession, these fixed sstars have now advanced about 30 degrees since the ancient times when they were using this stricture.  In fact, a benefic fixed star named Spica is now residing in this area, taking the edge off the burning land.  

They say this acts in some ways like Moon conjunct Uranus because events take sudden, unpredictable and contrary turns when the Moon was in contact with the ancient Scorpion.  

I've seen this considered most often in Horary Astrology.  This is not to be confused with a planet being "combust" ie.  burned by the sun's rays when between 17 minutes and 8.5 degrees of the sun.  The moon is especially weak here, like a 3rd degree burn for any planet.
-Gentlescorp

succesfulama

Post by succesfulama » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:13 pm

thanks for your input...what i have been reading here is fascinating.

Return to “Planets and Houses”