I love to understand how to construct and read birthchar/astrology...anyone

Learn about the influence on your life of the planetary positions, and their placement in the various astrological houses.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

code

I love to understand how to construct and read birthchar/astrology...anyone

Post by code » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:40 pm

Hi there, I find it difficult to get my head around how the house work, and how a birthchart is constructed in the first. I tried so very hard and can not understand how to logically place my understanding around signs in houses (how do work this out) planets in signs&house (how do u deduce this). When i look a chart i get so confused from what i get in writting to what i see visually. Example visually it might show that Ven, Jup,sun & ket is House 1, Mon is in HOuse 12 etc. But the writtern version says another which is Venus is in in 8th house, Mer is in 9th house, Jup & Sun in 8th house etc. I'm confused as visually its showing to be in 1st house......how to do i count/interpret the placing of signs and planets and in which house. How does one calculate & find the house number?

Is there a introduction book to astrology anyone could pls tell me about would be VERY helpful for me to read up on to understand the basics of constructing horoscope and its essence/meaning.
Easy to read books would be more for me........so could someone outthere pls recommand books to me pls that also are illustrated examples include to aid understanding.
Im quite anxious to get start, and have been on the net since early last year, and can not find easy comprehension of this................

warm rgd
code

astrologer50

learn astrology

Post by astrologer50 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:06 am

Welcome,

nice to hear you are so interested. There are Free online lessons on this website and I have PM you lots of websites to visit, learn, including lots of book recommendations.....

There are lots of different house systems too, but all the house meanings are unilateral.... thank goodness. There are natural rulers of each of the 12 houses, starting house 1/Aries, house 2/taurus/ 3/gemini and so on....

I use Equal house one of the oldest and most reliable, but lots use Placidus (Iunequal size houses). All this means is that certain planets move from one house to another, thus giving a whole different interpretations, for which only the native will be able to objectively define.... :smt004

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... .php?f=112

the website astro.com is the place to go to get a free chart calculated. click on free horoscopes, go down half the page to chart drawing, this will take you to an input page,put your data in, click ok. Then go back to free horoscopes, Extended chart selection, change default house system to Equal, then go to ratio change to 63% click to get picture, when on picture right mouse click and 'save target pic as ' onto hard drive, then upload here. you may have to trim or reduce a little.....

goldencougarwolf

learn astrology

Post by goldencougarwolf » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:50 am

What I have a problem with is the degrees compared to where the planets actually are. Does anyone know why they use the degrees and not the actual placement of the planets? This is bugging me because I am using actual charts of the sky and it isn't matching with the software.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:32 pm

Depend which chart you would like to construct. Means firstly which astrology you would like to follow...Western or Indian/Vedic astrology,

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

goldencougarwolf

Planets and houses.

Post by goldencougarwolf » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:57 pm

:smt006 I don't know much about the Eastern Astrology. I do know that Western uses a degree system and not the actual placing of the planets in the constellations. I have been learning Astronomy and have found some very interesting movements of the planets.  What I am wondering and I will probably do more research on is this: Do you think the ancients used the Earth more than the Sun. Today we say like for this month that your Sun sign is in Aries. I know for sure that it is in Pisces because of Astronomy. It goes into Pisces on March 11 and leaves April 18th. It spends 38 days in that constellation. Do you see the dilemma I am having? I think the ancients because history tells me so used the Earth. So now I am wondering what constellation Earth is in.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Re: Planets and houses.

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:16 pm

goldencougarwolf wrote::smt006 I don't know much about the Eastern Astrology. I do know that Western uses a degree system and not the actual placing of the planets in the constellations. I have been learning Astronomy and have found some very interesting movements of the planets.  What I am wondering and I will probably do more research on is this: Do you think the ancients used the Earth more than the Sun. Today we say like for this month that your Sun sign is in Aries. I know for sure that it is in Pisces because of Astronomy. It goes into Pisces on March 11 and leaves April 18th. It spends 38 days in that constellation. Do you see the dilemma I am having? I think the ancients because history tells me so used the Earth. So now I am wondering what constellation Earth is in.

I do know that Western uses a degree system and not the actual placing of the planets in the constellations.[/quote]

The Westerns use a degree system different from that of the Eastern. As you rightfully said that the Western uses a degree system and not the actual placing of the planets in the constellations.

The Western sign sign however speaks and predicts through sun signs, which predicts their general natures well.

The Eastern/Vedic system speaks in terms of degrees and actual placement of planets, keeping in view of the daily tilt of the zodiac form the actual.

The tilting value is called 'ayanamsa'. Can be read in wikipedia site..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayanamsa

Eastern Astrology uses the Earth as your concentric position as you live in Earth, viewing the world/your world/ viewpoint and sees/observes the other planets affecting your being.

The Western system of Sun Signs is however quite unique by itself.

But their system predicts the natives psychology and directions better and easily, while Eastern/Vedic is able to time events better.

Both has its advantages.

You could try our Western astrology forum and Vedic astrology forums too.

RishiRahul
Last edited by RishiRahul on Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

code

Post by code » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:19 pm

i [think] i just managed to get my head around the concept of planets and houses....feeeewwh  :)

I'm interested to learn abt Vedic astrology

However, i'm still having difficulties in working out/figuring the first step of constructing and that is finding the Ascendant of a natives chart. pls confer

Could you pls tell me how this information is deduced
I know Asc=is the rashi in which sun [from the east] is risng at the time of birth. But how do I work this out, pls confer

With GREAT Regards
code

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:56 am

The are books of tables available in the Indian Market.

For Vedic= A very god book would be.... Table of Ascendants for Nirnaya basis by N.C.Lahiri.... Published by M.K.Lahiri, Astro Research bureau, 17 Brindaban Mullick First Lane, Calcutta-700009.

I do not know if its available in U.K. though. You could google and check out for other books.

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com

amdtek

Re: learn astrology

Post by amdtek » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:37 pm

astrologer50 wrote:There are Free online lessons on this website and I have PM you lots of websites to visit, learn, including lots of book recommendations.....
Greets to everyone here, Astrologer50 or code It would be much appreciated if you could make these "websites to visit" public here.  It would be beneficial to everyone as I want to have a look too.

Therefore, Astrologer50 or code, I'd request to you please do share these links as it may help others including me too to clear all these confusions that are eating up our brains. :(
RishiRahul wrote:For Vedic= A very god book would be.... Table of Ascendants for Nirnaya basis by N.C.Lahiri.... Published by M.K.Lahiri, Astro Research bureau, 17 Brindaban Mullick First Lane, Calcutta-700009.
Btw how much does this book cost in India there in Indian rupees (and if possible in U.S.D too ) ?
And last but not least, as always, a big thanks goes to rishirahul ji and others who have been supporting us relentlessly :smt006

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:31 am

RishiRahul wrote:
For Vedic= A very god book would be.... Table of Ascendants for Nirnaya basis by N.C.Lahiri.... Published by M.K.Lahiri, Astro Research bureau, 17 Brindaban Mullick First Lane, Calcutta-700009.

Btw how much does this book cost in India there in Indian rupees (and if possible in U.S.D too ) ?
And last but not least, as always, a big thanks goes to rishirahul ji and others who have been supporting us relentlessly

Hi amdtek,

It is 40 Rupees, which is less than an U.S. dollar!!

Welcome,

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Thu May 28, 2009 11:11 am

amdtek wrote:
astrologer50 wrote:There are Free online lessons on this website and I have PM you lots of websites to visit, learn, including lots of book recommendations.....
Greets to everyone here, Astrologer50 or code It would be much appreciated if you could make these "websites to visit" public here.  It would be beneficial to everyone as I want to have a look too.

Therefore, Astrologer50 or code, I'd request to you please do share these links as it may help others including me too to clear all these confusions that are eating up our brains. :(
RishiRahul wrote:For Vedic= A very god book would be.... Table of Ascendants for Nirnaya basis by N.C.Lahiri.... Published by M.K.Lahiri, Astro Research bureau, 17 Brindaban Mullick First Lane, Calcutta-700009.
And last but not least, as always, a big thanks goes to rishirahul ji and others who have been supporting us relentlessly :smt006
I would love to post openly where to do study and research, but unfortunately is it the Admins, moderators and policy here not to allow referrals to other websites.

Pappy1985

Want to learn astrology

Post by Pappy1985 » Sat May 30, 2009 7:02 pm

About the tutorial astrologer50 talked about. I really want to learn astrology, intensly.
We are nothing

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:33 am

So it sounds like vedic astrology is actually based on the positions of the planets in relation to earth and to constellations. Where as from what I gather everything but the aspects(relations of planets to other planets) in western astrology is rather arbitrary and more based on something which is easier to wrap ones head around rather then something which is accurate and has a grounding in the true movements of the cosmos.

Am I correct that vedic astrology is more based on where celestial bodies actually are? If so I think it worthy of further study.
"Permacultre is revolution disguised  as gardening"

astrologer50

Re: Want to learn astrology

Post by astrologer50 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:30 pm

Pappy1985 wrote:About the tutorial astrologer50 talked about. I really want to learn astrology, intensly.
have sent you PM  :smt003

Return to “Planets and Houses”