Rising Sign

Learn about the influence on your life of the planetary positions, and their placement in the various astrological houses.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

astrologer50

Re: HI Swetha...

Post by astrologer50 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:22 pm

Global_Breeze wrote:From what I've learned about rising sign in the chart is that it is the part of the personality that people see when you walk in the door.  It is the first impression sortofspeak.  It is what you project to the general public and not what your real personality might be. Also, I've learned that the two most important aspects of a person's chart is their sun sign and their moon sign in their chart. I was told that the sun sign is the positive aspect of the personality and that the moon placement in the chart is the negative aspect in the personality.  And that the moon placement is pretty close to how the person thinks and who they are most of the time.  I've also learned that the rising sign is "motivator" of the personality and that it gives the person added strength to do and be what is necessary to be successful.  One of my friends who does Divine Astrology believes that the rising sign is the "North Node" of the personality, which means the influences that govern the persons mental and intellectual abilities....I hope I've answered some of your questions...I'm not an expert, these are just my experiences with my chart and other charts I've done...I noticed a pattern of moon sign being very significant in a person's chart and whatever sign the moon was in at birth pretty much determines the negative side of the personality....just my experiences.....peace and light to you....keep searching and remember...........God's Got It!!!!
The 3 most important things in a natal chart are: Ascendant, Sun and Moon, there is nothing positive or negative about sun/moon

Divine Astrology believes that the rising sign is the "North Node" of the personality, which means the influences that govern the persons mental and intellectual abilities.
OK so what is Divine Astrology, i have never heard of this??
How can the Asc sign be the NNode, what becomes of North Node then???

AND how about how the Moon and other 9planets are aspected then? you simply cannot make sweeping statements and generalise on just 3things without even looking at a natal chart  :smt009

mysticvirgo

RE: Ash1234 original Post

Post by mysticvirgo » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:56 am

If I may

To the original poster, What you are expierencing is the progression of your birth chart.  For every year that we are fortunate to live on this precious little blue mote of dust,  we evolve, that is slowly change.  This is explained and adjusted by 'advancing' ones chart adding one day to one's natal chart by a day.  I will use myself as an example.  My Birthday is 19th of september.  I am 42 years old ( roughly). My 'progressed' birthday is now 31 of October.  Which has moved my sun sign from a Virgo sun to a Scorpio sun.   This means that my baisc traits are now heavily "flavored" by the progressed scorpio sun.  Hmm.. I doubt I will get to exist long enough to enjoy my sagittarian years.

Swertha, I think that if you investigate deeper into your progressed chart, you may see other aspects of your life have progressed, such asd your sun sign, your ascendant, ect.

mysticvirgo

In reply to Astrolger 50

Post by mysticvirgo » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:25 am

The 3 most important things in a natal chart are: Ascendant, Sun and Moon, there is nothing positive or negative about sun/moon

Divine Astrology believes that the rising sign is the "North Node" of the personality, which means the influences that govern the persons mental and intellectual abilities.
OK so what is Divine Astrology, i have never heard of this??
How can the Asc sign be the NNode, what becomes of North Node then???

AND how about how the Moon and other 9planets are aspected then? you simply cannot make sweeping statements and generalise on just 3 things without even looking at a natal chart  
Astrologer50, I am in agreeance about not making sweeping satements about a chart without taking the entire chart in consideration.  But ( one of my two favorite words but and however Must be my libra cuspiness) when it comes to understanding the aspects of our interpersonal relationships, the 'personal' planets , Sun, Moon, Mercury,Venus, Mars and our ascendants are far more potenentially potent than the influences of the outer four.   HEck, astrology went millenia without the last three

I am thinking that the analogy that Gulf_Breeze may have intended to make is that The Sun and the Moon are "Poles" of the same energy, as in the poles of a battery or a magnet.  Positive negative in that aspect, not positive negative as in good or bad.

I haven't heard of the "Divine Astrology" school of astrological thought, so I may be wrong.

AriesJupiter

Post by AriesJupiter » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:17 pm

The ascendant is the way you feel comfortable expressing (projecting) your personality.

Example:

Taurus ascendant feels comfortable expressing (projecting) themselves in a very practical, solid, down to earth way.

Scorpio ascendant feels comfortable expressing themselves in an emotional (subjective) way.

I've read that it is how your entire personality is channeled out into the world.

Just my take. :)

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:03 pm

Basic astrology
Now basically your sun sign is your 'core beliefs, values, ego' and Asc is your physical body, mode of expression and mask and persona that we all wear and hide behind, but definitely not what's going on underneath. What's going on underneath is your Sun sign. Moon sign, house placements and aspects describe your emotional and intuitive responses, also describes your view of your mother, as saturn describes your father by sign and house position.

So, think of a glass milk bottle the bottle is your Asc and your sun the milk, but the milk still has to 'come out' through the glass neck of the milk bottle....

Now aspects within a natal chart represent 'facets' of our personality, because we are all multifaceted beings. What these do is 'break down and compartmentalise' these facets into smaller bite size chunks. This does take quite a lot of self analysis and objectivity to 'see yourself' and why you do certain things and behave in certain ways. Actually it can be quite good therapy...

Remember back to your school days an opposition is 180', square 90', trine 120', and sextile 60' Now challenged aspects are conj (depending on the planets, cos some like each other and some really don't) squares and oppositions. Easy aspects are conj (if the planets get along) eg: Jupiter conj Moon, sextile and trine. Quincunx is inbetween (depending on the planets) causes health strains and unresolved or hard to balance planets/energies.

AriesJupiter

Re: Rising Sign

Post by AriesJupiter » Sat May 08, 2010 6:55 am

swetha wrote:How much does a Rising Sign influence ur chart? what do astrologers generally consider? only the sun sign or sunsigh, moon and rising sign? and what if some characterisics are contradictory? how does one decide which is more stronger?
The Sun, Moon, & Ascendant are all said to be equal in importance.
The only difference is that the Sun is the ego (outer personality), the Moon is the emotions/feelings (inner personality), & the Ascendant is how you "identify" with yourself, your tastes, physical appearance, how you would say, "I am..." It's a lot about how you feel. It modifies the whole planetary package (Sun, Moon, etc.) in my opinion. How those energies are packaged up, and funneled out into the world... how you say, "hello" to the world, how you feel comfortable presenting yourself. The mask you wear. Your costume.
This has a lot to do with your tastes because it's how you feel comfortable presenting yourself, so it's what you feel comfortable with in general (who you feel comfortable being). It's like the clothes you wear. The suit you choose. How you feel "best suited" up. (kind of completes you)
It's like the Sun is "the car", the Moon is "the engine", & Ascendant is the paint job, accessories, or modifications (leather or cloth seats? sunroof? rims, sound system...?) -All the bells & whistles (or lack thereof). How you choose to "do it up" & package it, if you will...

misty sur

Post by misty sur » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:34 am

interesting, very helpful information, thanks.
Have fun, have faith in yourself and always have the best food!

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:07 am

I agree... that was very well put :)

Return to “Planets and Houses”