Different Description of Mars in Sgittarius in VEDIC astrology and WESTERN ASTROLOGY

Learn about the influence on your life of the planetary positions, and their placement in the various astrological houses.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

thesuperior

Different Description of Mars in Sgittarius in VEDIC astrology and WESTERN ASTROLOGY

Post by thesuperior » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:05 am

There are 2 Major types of Astrologies, the conventional WESTERN and the VEDIC astrology.

Both are similar yet Different form each other.

i always get confused on which type of reading to go with,

Western astrology : gives description mainly based on the psychological nature of a person, it explains what type of nature the person will have due to a positon of a planet in his/her birth chart.

Vedic astrology : gives FATE-ORIENTED interpretation, which means are you going to have problems or gains, it has no concern with the personality of a person due to a planets position.

Is the above mentioned correct?

example.

Mars in Sagittarius description according to Western astro is:

Mars in Sagittarius produces some of the highest levels of physical energy and enthusiasm. The mental and emotional side seems to function fine as well, but unfortunately, this is not the most practical of Mars positions.

In Sagittarius, Mars often produces strong philosophic convictions. You are one to stand up and fight for any cause you believe in. The sense of justice is very strong. Your idealistic motives always seek to be improving society and those individuals in your immediate environment.
You are an outspoken debater, often lacking diplomacy or appreciation of the opinions of opponents. Nonetheless, your ever-cheerful presence makes you welcome in any social gathering. For you it is unrestricted freedom at all cost, with rhythm and tempo that comes naturally to you. You are a person with a zest for adventure and having a good time. You have trouble sitting still for very long, and you want to be on the move physically.

The hallmark of this position is the feeling that you are invincible. Your irrepressible confidence and optimism usually gets you through tough times. You may have been born under a lucky star. You often succeed because you don't think much about failing. In many respects you are a born gambler.

The description according to Vedic astrology is:
If Mars is in Sagittarius, the individual will be conservative, indifferent, impatient and quarrelsome. They can make a good minister or a statesman and usually have a few children. will have high gains and overall luck is good..

PLEASE EXPRESS YOUR OWN IDEAS...

Madhavacharya

western and vedic astrology

Post by Madhavacharya » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:27 pm

as far as reading is concerned,there is no much difference in both the systems.the basic principles of drawing conclusions from charts, are the same.due to cultural difference,one feels slight variation in viewing,interpreting,expressing events.one can strictly follow either of the system.it is advisable to mix up & use both the systems effectively.
LOVE ASTROLOGY

mysticvirgo

Madhavacharya is correct

Post by mysticvirgo » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:21 pm

When looking at the sky, each astrologer and school of astrological thought 'sees' the stars and thier effects in slightly different ways, yet we are seeing the same thing. Rember the allagory of the Three Blind men and the Elephant?  Each was experiencing a seprate part of the same thing. Only when they shared thier experinces was the full truth of the elephant understood.

I share Mars in Sagittarius as well.   Mars is the more 'visible' energies, anger, lust, impulses.  Sagittarius , well I like to picture in my mind a horse mounted archer.   Attributes of both.   A strong wander/wonder lust. Always wanting to experience the new. Might be in new places ( travel), Thoughts and Ideas ( philosophy/theology), People ( never met a stranger/ new lovers when possible), a degree of impatience, a quick wit, though sometimes tactless ( gets me in trouble fairly regularly).

Do you find yourself, when angered or upset, needing to "escape" and either run or walk of the anger?

I think it is important for each and one of us to follow our own paths in life ( wow, that was a very Sag thing to say LOL)
Use whatever 'blend' of eastern/western astrology you feel 'rings true' to you.

The best way to grasp astrology is to work your own chart.  I assume you have a copy, right? and then google the arangements that interest you most. Ummm I don't know why, but most of the Astroweekly.com   links have gone all 404 on us.  Don't just study the interpretations from just one site, but read from 3 or 4.  Do not be seeking the differences in te interpretations, but the simularties.. the 'themes'.

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:29 pm

When Mars in Sagittarius people get angry, they feel like running. They have to do something—not about it, but something else altogether. They don't have a lot of patience to wait things out. This is where the restless and adventurous nature of Sagittarius comes in. People with this position of Mars should seriously consider physical activity as the best means of anger management, if they don't already (naturally) do so.
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/m ... s_pg2.html

You should really look at how the mars is 'aspected' as to how it will function. If for example it's conj saturn, it will create frustations, stop/go situations or 'doing on duty in a cautious and constructive way'

If Mars is conjunct Jupiter adds great confidence, if conjunct venus loads more sexuality

Return to “Planets and Houses”