Chart Ruler

Learn about the influence on your life of the planetary positions, and their placement in the various astrological houses.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:36 pm

In western astrology, the chart ruler is always the Asc sign ruler. There are all sorts of different kinds of astrologers, some Traditional astrologers, that don't use(uranus, neptune or pluto) or go past Saturn and these mainly do 'horary' astrology and different rules apply to doing horary than natal charts....

It is commonly and widely accepted that the Asc ruler takes precedent over any 'main' planet that simply makes lots of aspects within the chart as 'aspects' are just 'facets' of your personality and thankfully we are ALL multi faceted beings

Madhavacharya

Chart Ruler

Post by Madhavacharya » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:11 pm

Under the subject captioned above definition of CHART RULER or RULING PLANET of the chart is not given.A PLANET is supposed to be ruling planet when owns the trine or angular house or both.planet when is a owner of both trine and angle is  beyond any doubt stamped as a ruling planet of that chart.for example for Aries ascendant SUN &MOON are the ruling planets.ForTaurus SATURN is the ruling planet .. so on.
LOVE ASTROLOGY

Cairene

Re: Chart Ruler

Post by Cairene » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:56 pm

swetha wrote: Saturn  - This one is bad.
When you say things like this, you truly scare people. Can you think of nothing good about Saturn?

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:16 am

makowtom wrote:Please - what can I do when I do not know the actual birth time.  How do I best make a zodiac without knowing that information......?
You will struggle can you not check with the hospital or family members? Otherwise you will only get half the storey. By using solar arcs for rectification, if you make a list of things that happened in your childhood upto age 12ish that should help.

Research, read and study all the 12th sun signs because you will idenitfy with another sign much more strongly. In the northern hemisphere like I am there are signs of long ascension ie: Cancer Virgo and Leo who get 4 - 4.5hrs rising, then signs of short ascension, pisces and aquarius. So start with the most commonist signs --

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:18 am

Madhavacharya wrote:Under the subject captioned above definition of CHART RULER or RULING PLANET of the chart is not given.A PLANET is supposed to be ruling planet when owns the trine or angular house or both.planet when is a owner of both trine and angle is  beyond any doubt stamped as a ruling planet of that chart.for example for Aries ascendant SUN &MOON are the ruling planets.ForTaurus SATURN is the ruling planet .. so on.
This theory may well apply for Traditional astrologers that don't use or go past Saturn, but modern astrologers like myself do use these planets. Also it depends on the house system. But the 'most' commonist theme is the Ascendant ruler is the chart ruler and does have special significance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_astrology
http://www.astrolozy.com/article19.asp

these links will explain the differences

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:19 am

Cairene wrote:
When you say things like this, you truly scare people. Can you think of nothing good about Saturn?
The original poster is using placidus house system where intercepted houses and signs and using Traditional astrologer methods.
I'm a Modern astrologer that uses Equal house system and these two things don't apply.

When he says Saturn is chart ruler, it must mean Capricorn is on Ascendant, now if it's in the first house it 'will' knock someone confidence. Wherever saturn is placed is where we 'lack confidence' find things hard work and try to compensate for things.

Cairene

Post by Cairene » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:14 am

astrologer50 wrote:
Cairene wrote:
The original poster is using placidus house system where intercepted houses and signs and using Traditional astrologer methods.
I'm a Modern astrologer that uses Equal house system and these two things don't apply.

When he says Saturn is chart ruler, it must mean Capricorn is on Ascendant, now if it's in the first house it 'will' knock someone confidence. Wherever saturn is placed is where we 'lack confidence' find things hard work and try to compensate for things.
I understand but to make a sweeping judgement about a whole planet is irresonsible. What is he/she saying to people that have Cap rising exactly? That they are all doomed? Ridiculous.

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:50 pm

I couldn't agree more, but each to their own. As long as there is the 'balanced' objective side, people have to use their own judgement as some point as well dont you think?

AriesJupiter

Post by AriesJupiter » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:10 pm

Apparently, if someone has a stellium (3 or more planets in one sign) then that sign takes over as the chart ruler.

How does this change things?

I have two stelliums!

Aries- Sun, Mercury, Jupiter

Sagittarius- Moon, Uranus, Sagittarius

Does anyone know which one is the stronger influence?

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:43 pm

AriesJupiter wrote:Apparently, if someone has a stellium (3 or more planets in one sign) then that sign takes over as the chart ruler.

I have two stelliums!

For a stellium not only does it have to be 3or more planets but those planet all have to be conjunct each other. Stellium does not trump a chart ruler. Perhaps you should post your chart in the wester reading forum?

AriesJupiter

Post by AriesJupiter » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:19 am

astrologer50 wrote:
AriesJupiter wrote:Apparently, if someone has a stellium (3 or more planets in one sign) then that sign takes over as the chart ruler.

I have two stelliums!

For a stellium not only does it have to be 3or more planets but those planet all have to be conjunct each other. Stellium does not trump a chart ruler. Perhaps you should post your chart in the wester reading forum?
Oh yes, I forgot to mention that a stellium needs to be a triple conjunction, too (within orb). You're right. But, still, I have read several times that a stellium would "override" the Ascendent as chart ruler... who knows though!? If you're right, then that means my Ascendent of Taurus is still my chart ruler? Interesting... I'd like to know.

Return to “Planets and Houses”