When a planet is retrograde in your natal chart

Learn about the influence on your life of the planetary positions, and their placement in the various astrological houses.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Luckymadon

When a planet is retrograde in your natal chart

Post by Luckymadon » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:44 pm

I have followed astrology since a very young age and I am still confused as to what it means when a planet is retrograde in the natal chart. I understand that a retrograde planet can set the timing back for certain events in relation to the planet and it's house position, to happen. Like Mercury for instance; Every time I turn around Mercury is in retrograde. It is my ruling planet (Gemini) and I always find myself repeating certain patterns in my life. (Mostly dealing with "mis"communication) I'm getting very dizzy on this Roulette wheel. Venus was retrograde in Cancer when I was born and my love life, (when I happened to have one), was always a painful ordeal, with my partner(s) never having any respect for me. I'd fall into the same patterns with them also. (Until I let go of my attachment to wanting a partner and have abstained from sex and relationships for the past 16 years). My natal love planet is travelling backwards and  I have no planets in my seventh house. Does this mean I'm doomed to spend my entire life alone and unloved?
Believe it and you will see it.

ivan_feril

me too

Post by ivan_feril » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:59 pm

I have a venus in capricorn retrograde and I do have a hard time meeting a mate. But don't lose hope, consider your greatest strengths and start projecting them then maybe you'll be attracting a potential mate.

Return to “Planets and Houses”