I can understand astrology helping explain personality traits, but how

Learn about the influence on your life of the planetary positions, and their placement in the various astrological houses.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Queenj1737

I can understand astrology helping explain personality traits, but how

Post by Queenj1737 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:15 pm

can astrology help predict things to come? I'm new into researching this kind of stuff, so I have questions for days.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:05 pm

Since you are researching into this, what is your experience after conducting your research?
You are doing research means you are serious about it.

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Queenj1737

Post by Queenj1737 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:22 pm

RishiRahul wrote:Since you are researching into this, what is your experience after conducting your research?
You are doing research means you are serious about it.

RishiRahul
I'm still looking into it, therefore I have no answers yet. If I come across some, I'll be sure to post

astrologer50

Re: I can understand astrology helping explain personality traits, but how

Post by astrologer50 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:30 pm

Queenj1737 wrote:can astrology help predict things to come? I'm new into researching this kind of stuff, so I have questions for days.

Astrology cannot and does NOT reliably predict anything and if you think it can or should, you are mistaken and have unrealistic expectations and no doubt you will end up disillusioned and frustrated with astrology. Astrologers are not clairvoyants, so perhaps lower your expectations here.

Every chart has a mixture of good and challenging aspects. learning astrology makes you much more self aware of your good and not so good character traits and this *awareness* can help you modify and change. Your natal chart is full of potential and its entirely upto you whether you fulfill that potential or not. Your chart is a major influence and not a control mechanism
I am a Professional astrologer/Teacher/public speaker with over 20years experience.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:34 am

My take, in the last post:

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... 513#335513

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:47 pm

A lot depends on where you live as the Western world uses Western Tropical zodiac and is more psychological in nature. Whereas India and eastern sidereal zodiac 'claims' it can predict more.

Do the research yourself and find out for yourself
I am a Professional astrologer/Teacher/public speaker with over 20years experience.

jamesdonahueusa

Is Astrology a science?

Post by jamesdonahueusa » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:02 am

Astrology - The stars and planets have always inspired a sense of wonder. Many cultures look skyward and see the face of the divine there. There's a cosmic dance on the grand scale, and one on the intimate scale, going on for each of us. Astrology is the study of patterns and relationships -- of planets in motion, our birth chart, synastry with others, the make-up of elements -- and using that knowledge as a tool to find meaning.

It falls more in the category of metaphysics, the study of that which is beyond the physical. It's similar to other fields that are founded on ancient theories of energy patterns, like feng shui, acupuncture and yoga. Astrology at high levels is a mastery of its particular science and the intuitive arts. As the earliest known ordering of existence, long before recorded history, it's been called the "Mother of all Sciences."

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:25 pm

astrologer50 wrote:A lot depends on where you live as the Western world uses Western Tropical zodiac and is more psychological in nature. Whereas India and eastern sidereal zodiac 'claims' it can predict more.

Do the research yourself and find out for yourself
Though 'late' (thread seems to have become inactive), I partly agree! It is not the school of astrology but the leaning (and sociocultural background and educational too) that plays a role. I think many of the western astrologers came from a background in teaching (education), clinical psychology, counselling and therefore their interest has shaped considerably where astrology (and astrologers?) should focus. The emphasis was on understanding (oneself), shaping of behaviour and attitudes, counselling for personal growth. Finding money, jobs, marriage partners (as opposed to dating etc which were anathema in indian societies of arranged marriages), progeny, and in the older folks quests for spiritual salvation or grandparenthood (?) seemed uppermost and so those are what indian astrology and astrologers focused on. Lately, with more eclectic background and technical background folks getting drawn to jyotish the focus has been changing at lest in the past 3-4 decades.

Rohiniranjan

Re: Is Astrology a science?

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:28 pm

jamesdonahueusa wrote:Astrology - The stars and planets have always inspired a sense of wonder. Many cultures look skyward and see the face of the divine there. There's a cosmic dance on the grand scale, and one on the intimate scale, going on for each of us. Astrology is the study of patterns and relationships -- of planets in motion, our birth chart, synastry with others, the make-up of elements -- and using that knowledge as a tool to find meaning.

It falls more in the category of metaphysics, the study of that which is beyond the physical. It's similar to other fields that are founded on ancient theories of energy patterns, like feng shui, acupuncture and yoga. Astrology at high levels is a mastery of its particular science and the intuitive arts. As the earliest known ordering of existence, long before recorded history, it's been called the "Mother of all Sciences."
Very poetic :-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

astrologer50

Post by astrologer50 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:33 am

Here are my Personal home made slides to show and [explain matters](http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii4 ... anings.jpg)

This slide shows the [meanings of the planets](http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii4 ... d441ed.jpg)

this slide shows the natural house rulers & house meanings, and notice the compass points are reversed? this is not a mistake

[Ascendant slide](http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii4 ... efcef5.jpg)

[Midheaven slide ](http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii4 ... e995d1.jpg

Return to “Planets and Houses”