Signature changes

An in-depth Analysis of your personality from your handwriting.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

prak_ram

Signature changes

Post by prak_ram » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:22 pm

Hi Abishek,
       What does it signify if the signature changes over a period of time?

Suppose the signature some 2-3 years back has changed compared to now.Its not minor changes but the style has quite changed.

10 years back to now is totally different.
I do not do it consciously but it has happened some 3 times in the last 10-12 years.

Abhishek
Site Admin

Post by Abhishek » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:22 am

It signifies how you see yourself publicly and how you have chnaged your attitude / mannerism in public affairs.

prak_ram

Post by prak_ram » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:01 pm

Thanks Abhisekh,
                      Previously i used to have a flowing signature.Then gradually it changed and now its like there is a break in between when i sign. Your thoughts on this?

Gooleander

I changed my signature

Post by Gooleander » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:57 pm

I changed my signature because I have to sign lots of documents, and I just got lazy. Now it is just a scribble and you can't even figure out what it reads.

Metatron

Signature Sribble

Post by Metatron » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:28 am

I have been using a sribble signature for years. I find it most beneficial for a number of reasons, a) like earlier mentioned when you have to write your name a lot it helps if you don't have to put a lot of effort in the process b)it discourages forgery because when others look at it they are not quite sure what it is they are looking at c) It creates an idenity that those who know you come to recognize it and to those outside your circle conceals your identity.

braincracks

Post by braincracks » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:59 pm

Hi Metatron,

Ur signature is an identity that u show to the outside world. But the point that it discourages forgery si wrong.
AN SCRIBBLED, ILLEGIBLE, COMPLICATRED SIGNATURE IS THE EASIEST TO COPY. what u write, every alphabet that u write is actyually a drawing. And copying an complicated drawing is the easiest.

Ask a graphologist he can tell u many differences between two same signatures done by the same person. In a compliucated signature it si difficult to identify one from teh other. In a simple signature it is damn difficult to copy it or replicate it.

Metatron

Post by Metatron » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:03 am

Dear Braincrack,

I have heard that very argument about forgery and scrubbles. It may be true but what would make well drawn scribbles different from well formed letters? Beside someone seeing my signature may say whats the point? And keep in mind too when I created the scribble it's actually a contraction of the intials of my name much in the way companies create logos. Branding of the brain you might say LOL. Something like what Prince (the musician) tried once,  which really backfired on him. People were calling him "the artist formally know as Prince".

And yes I would agree your signature is the face you want to show to the world. The scribble was a conscious decision on my part to create a clouded image of myself to the world. Its a private joke. I always get a kick out of people who see it for the first time and say "What the heck is that?!"

reed

Post by reed » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:50 pm

Braincrack,

Metatron is absolutely correct.  A scribbled, illegible signature is much easier to simulate (copy or forge) than a carefully written, legible signature. It's very difficult to follow precise lines and exact lettering, but a scribble is, well, a scribble where the forger's mistakes are likely to go unnoticed.  Just a thought from a certified handwriting examiner.
R. Hayes, Certified Handwriting & Document Examiner.  http://www.reedwrite.com

Metatron

Post by Metatron » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:21 am

Besides isn't forgery becoming a thing of the past.

I mean with today's technology most criminals seem to focus their energy on social engineering and hacking code?

So the thought of keeping a signature from easy forgery is almost a moot point.

Since I have moved into the techno end of health care I am sorry to say I see very little handwritting any nore.

What will become of handwriting when most comminication is done on a keyboard?

Return to “Graphology”