Do you have a TV in your bedroom?

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Spiritboxer

Post by Spiritboxer » Tue May 29, 2007 10:29 pm

I have a small set in the bedroom but I don't use it much. Bought it to play video games which I don't have time for anymore so it mostly goes unused. I watch tv in the living room on the bigger set, the channels for the super inquisitive, Science, NGC, AP etc. I soak up information like a sponge, even the food network. Fascinating stuff, all of it!

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Tue May 29, 2007 10:45 pm

Spiritboxer wrote:I have a small set in the bedroom but I don't use it much. Bought it to play video games which I don't have time for anymore so it mostly goes unused. I watch tv in the living room on the bigger set, the channels for the super inquisitive, Science, NGC, AP etc. I soak up information like a sponge, even the food network. Fascinating stuff, all of it!
Nice to meet ya Spiritboxer.  :smt006

I to am a big, big fan of the "food network"  :smt003
I'm like "R&R aka Rachael Ray" in my own kitchen..
My husband and son are so happy with there new mother and wife...
Ha-Ha~!!

I stopped smoking 2 months go on the 30th..
All I do is cook, cook, cook... rofl and watch and cook...  :smt018
I cook for an army...
I'm learning to stop doing that...  

Now to teach myself to sew...LoL  :smt020

Spiritboxer

Post by Spiritboxer » Wed May 30, 2007 7:48 am

[quote="Nicole"

Nice to meet ya Spiritboxer.  :smt006

I to am a big, big fan of the "food network"  :smt003
I'm like "R&R aka Rachael Ray" in my own kitchen..
My husband and son are so happy with there new mother and wife...
Ha-Ha~!!

I stopped smoking 2 months go on the 30th..
All I do is cook, cook, cook... rofl and watch and cook...  :smt018
I cook for an army...
I'm learning to stop doing that...  

Now to teach myself to sew...LoL  :smt020[/quote]

Hi Nicole, yeah, learning to cook at my age, whoda thunk. Watched the food network all winter, went nuts and bought all kinds a' cookware, lovin' especially the cast iron stuff. Braising like crazy, gotta get one of those Le Crueset dutch ovens and I'll be through. Meanwhile I'm pumping reiki into everything I do and it's fantastic. Hang in there with the stop smoking thing as well, think about all the cash you're saving. I stopped 15 years ago and haven't had a cigarette since, even being too damn close on 9/11 didn't knock me off the wagon. Hey, if I can do it anybody can, you just gotta believe!

MissiMisMisPriss

Tv. in Bedroom?

Post by MissiMisMisPriss » Wed May 30, 2007 11:48 am

Yes, I have a big huge tv in my bedroom with surround sound..  Bitchin!

elizabeth46

depends on where/how I am living

Post by elizabeth46 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:33 am

I do now, and it is a sleep deterent and an addictive indulgence, but in this household it's appropriate as we have more private space than communal.

When I have lived in other environments, I never had a tube in the bedroom, to keep it clear of the a) electrical disturbance b) impulse to stay up all night staring at it. I totally agree it messes up the harmonics of bedroom as sanctuary. The tube also emits an extreme amount of elf's as I have Gaussed it and it screams. If I could reach the plug it would be sensible to unplug it when not in use.

Ronnie83

Post by Ronnie83 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:07 pm

I have a TV in the bed room. Also a DVD player. Is it bad? I do find myslef zoning out in front of it after work and not leaving my room on bad days.

elizabeth46

what is "bad" ???

Post by elizabeth46 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:45 pm

If it feels bad for you, it may be harmful. If it feels neutral or good, it may be that. Most people enter an altered state when they zone in front of the tube or listen to music. You may simply be using the teevee to change your headspace after work.

If the electronics in your space interfere with your schedule, cause you to procrastinate, lose sleep, avoid reading or interacting with other people, then your teevee is enabling you to withdraw. I couldn't say if that is bad necessarily. It could be what you need at the time. If it eats your life, well that's a different story. Only you know.

Can you imagine what you would do in the bedroom if the electronics were removed or didn't work? Would your life be better or just different? Could you cope? I'm not sure I could. I think I would only go to the bedroom to sleep if the room wasn't also an entertainment center.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:06 pm

i removed the tv:)
and i am glad i did it!

Deucalion

Post by Deucalion » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:11 pm

I too have a tv and dvd/video player in the bedroom.  Never had one until i met my partner.  Because of his job he used to move around a lot so spent a lot of time alone, so i think it was kind of like his security blanket.  To begin with he had it on nearly all night and i would turn it off when i got up in the night to go to the loo.  Gradually weaning him off it now, we tend to read more when we go to bed rather than watch the box.

wiccan_goddess2002

re tv in the bedroom

Post by wiccan_goddess2002 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:29 am

Yes I have TV in the bedroom and i hate it.  My hubby never turnes it off. I am not a TV person. It irritates me and puts a huge damper on the sex life.

Ronnie83

Re: what is "bad" ???

Post by Ronnie83 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:53 pm

elizabeth46 wrote:If it feels bad for you, it may be harmful. If it feels neutral or good, it may be that. Most people enter an altered state when they zone in front of the tube or listen to music. You may simply be using the teevee to change your headspace after work.

If the electronics in your space interfere with your schedule, cause you to procrastinate, lose sleep, avoid reading or interacting with other people, then your teevee is enabling you to withdraw. I couldn't say if that is bad necessarily. It could be what you need at the time. If it eats your life, well that's a different story. Only you know.

Can you imagine what you would do in the bedroom if the electronics were removed or didn't work? Would your life be better or just different? Could you cope? I'm not sure I could. I think I would only go to the bedroom to sleep if the room wasn't also an entertainment center.
HMMMM, now I am thinking...Honestly I wonder if I could deal with the silence. The room would be so quiet. My mind has a tendency to race when the house is too quiet.

sk2006

Post by sk2006 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:04 am

I think tv fills a void in a way. Like when I have an active life, I dont care if I miss shows, but let me have nothing to do for a few months and get interested in a series, and I will be ticked off if I miss my shows! LOL

rozrokz

Post by rozrokz » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:10 am

The reason why they say the TV should not be in the room is its reflective nature. It looks like a mirror when it is off. So if it is facing your bed, it is very bad for husband and wife.

efishy

a tv in the bedroom?

Post by efishy » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:36 am

My Husband and I use to have a tv in our  bedroom,  but now we  don't  and I like it that way. When I go to bed, I want to go to bed. I hate to wake up and  find the tv on cause we fell asleep. The  bedroom is  for us, and  it doesn't include the tv. Now,  if one  of us were to be ill one way or another, and had to stay in bed, well,  there might  be  a tv in there,  but, right  now, theres a room for a tv, and thats in the living  room. :smt006 ... Ellie

iamme

Post by iamme » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:50 am

we do actually have a tv in our bedroom, but it is usually rarely ever watched.  my husbands domain is the living room, where his big screen is... so usually if im uninterested in what hes watching, and uninterested in my computer, i will go put in a movie in there, for some background noise while i read.  but its all good, i think we need our own private time sometimes, and he gets his his way, and i get mine in my way lol.

Return to “General Discussion”