The secret

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

HappyChic727

The secret

Post by HappyChic727 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:54 am

Have faith!  If it's something that you want, just keep seeing it "as if" and it will be yours.  Stop worrying about it so much . . . have fun with it rather than continuing to be anxious about it.  Live life and make things happen for yourself!  Watch "The Secret" if you haven't already and if you have, watch it again!  

I know, that's not a psychic prediction but it's even better, don't you think?

Psychic Chef

werid hey

Post by Psychic Chef » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:09 pm

When i do a reading im 100%
but when i have myself done its the opposite.
I listen to the secret every night to help the doubt lol

HappyChic727

Re: werid hey

Post by HappyChic727 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:00 pm

Psychic Chef wrote:When i do a reading im 100%
but when i have myself done its the opposite.
I listen to the secret every night to help the doubt lol
I know that psychics are (Edited to add:  NOT) psychic about themselves and maybe by joining here, someone will give you the reading that you need to move forward.

Do you really watch "The Secret" every night?  Wow!  I know it's working for me.   My friend at work has a friend who watches it every morning.  Her friend sent her a check from the Universe which you fill out yourself.  She sent it to me.  It's filled out and on my fridge.  I sent it to my chiropractor . . . who gave me a copy of the dvd . . . and he filled his out and already sold his old sports car and is working on reaching his $50,000 from the Universe.  I gave him a check the other day for $343.00 from my insurance company, which was about some old bills that they refigured.  

I'll try to copy and paste it here in another post.

HC
Last edited by HappyChic727 on Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Angelique

Post by Angelique » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:07 pm

Not to go off topic, but I LOVE "The Secret," But has anyone ever read "The Master Key?" Which has been out of publication since I think 1933 because the Catholic Church banned it? It is like the Dummies version to "The Secret."

Psychic Chef

yep

Post by Psychic Chef » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:15 pm

I read it years ago  its a classic

Samson

Post by Samson » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:19 pm

I watched The Secret but couldn't find anything remotely interesting in it, I don't believe it's a good thing to be promoting Greed, this is how I saw The Secret where if you really want it, all you have to do is Visualize and then you will receive it. How is this a good thing?

Samson.

HappyChic727

Post by HappyChic727 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:22 pm

Samson wrote:I watched The Secret but couldn't find anything remotely interesting in it, I don't believe it's a good thing to be promoting Greed, this is how I saw The Secret where if you really want it, all you have to do is Visualize and then you will receive it. How is this a good thing?

Samson.
It can be used in bad ways too . . . like seeing yourself not receiving and then not receiving.  Doesn't God want us to have good things?  It's about the Law of Attraction and how we attract things to us, both negative and positive.  We have a choice.  Since I watched it, more positive things have come my way.

Samson

Post by Samson » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:39 pm

Maybe I should watch it again and then I'll know exactly if I was right or wrong and yes you are right God dose want the best for us, but I couldn't get over the fact the people talking in this movie seemed only interested in getting more, so just how dose one who has absolutely nothing get something for nothing, because if this movie was true to it's word there would be people everywhere on this planet living like Kings & Queens don't you think.

Samson.

Angelique

Post by Angelique » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:43 pm

You're right to a degree, Samson; the undertones of "The Secret" are somewhat materialistic. But it's the message it is relaying, if you take into a different context can have a totally different interpretation. Some people are only interested in how it will benefit them monetarily while there are some of us who actually refer to it so we can grow within. :)

It's like anything, 50 people can read the same exact text and you'll get 50 different versions of what it's about.

deva

Post by deva » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:28 am

I've not seen the movie but I've read the book. I'm happy that someone has culled all the ancient teachings in one place and succeeded in bringing it to the attention of the public all around the world.

As expected, it's also starting to get its share of criticism. For instance, I read some psychiatrist say that it could encourage "victim-blaming" (the idea that one is to blame for everything that happens to him or her).

What do you think?

Psychic Chef

the secret

Post by Psychic Chef » Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:50 am

HI
the dvd was good and you have to with all things in life look for the real message in the mud.
The underlying message is to change you focus to positive.
You can choose what positive you want, but you have to action it as well and what you want to get out of it you have to put back in.
Life is a two way street

motherearth49

The Secret

Post by motherearth49 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:54 am

:smt004
I really love the message the movie gives... :)  :)  :)

Angelique

Post by Angelique » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:05 am

deva wrote: As expected, it's also starting to get its share of criticism. For instance, I read some psychiatrist say that it could encourage "victim-blaming" (the idea that one is to blame for everything that happens to him or her).

What do you think?
I think the psychologist needs a check up from the neck up.

Leave it to someone to twist something around. I didn't read the book, but saw the movie and to be honest, no where in there does it say or lead you to want to blame anyone for your fortune or misfortunes. Neither does "The Master Key." Essentially, the message in both are quite clear... you are responsible for how you think, act, react and how your life is or is to become. How can someone twist that into it is so and so's fault? It's like the Bible bouncer who lives across the street from my sister in law and brother saying Sponge Bob is the gay leader of a satanic cult and is turning children gay. It took everything in me not to laugh at her and ask her if she was for real. 1. Cartoons are not reality and it's mom and dad's job to teach their children that 2. Cartoons don't turn kids gay 3. Who cares if your child one day turns around and says they're gay? Are you going to love them less (then they really have problems)? Are you going to blame it on Sponge Bob, Gilligan's Island or some thing else? Only someone with a twisted mind would take something innocent and twist it into something it is not.

Strong opinion, I know... but you asked what our thoughts were ::chuckles::

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:07 pm

There are many natural laws - the law of attraction is but one of them.  They do not happen without some reference to one another.  Do not get too caught up in the manifestation of your own best good through attraction.  There is a lot of work to do on self before this will actually manifest.  The reason....learn ALL the natural laws.  

For every cause we put out (in thought, word, deed) there is a resultant effect.  We are creating all the time...use it wisely!

SuperStarlight

Post by SuperStarlight » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:08 pm

I'm in complete agreement with Spiritalk, it takes a little more than just the law of attraction, one law is not just that law
it's one of many.

Peace.
Star

Return to “General Discussion”