The power of visualization

Post your thoughts and views here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:47 pm

So the thought is right...it is time to accept it from another perspective (sense).

Sin City Girl

Post by Sin City Girl » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:42 am

I use visualization daily.  Every night before I go to sleep, I will visualize myself reaching all of my goals.  I can often get into very detailed "fantasies" and dreams.  It seems to be working, in more ways then one!  I also find myself to be so much more postive when I do it on a daily basis.

mairville

visualization

Post by mairville » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:04 am

Visualization  is akin to affirmation.  The creation of an image is not sufficient in itself.  Positively affirming it allows it to become a reality.  Indeed, sports psychologists have for a long time assisted athletes in their endeavours to achieve peak performance, but many other groups and systems have used and teach visualization techniques.  A web search will take you far and wide and bring vast amounts of information on the subject. "Seeing" and "believing" go hand in hand to create your dreams.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:55 pm

The mind meditates all the time during our activities of life...any time we concentrate on a specific thing we are in a meditative state.  Visualization in that state of concentration allows us to use it to effect on all sorts of fronts in our lives....health, sports (as mentioned) etc.

pamDemonium

Post by pamDemonium » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:35 am

i really believe some people are better at visualising than others. I find it very difficult. I can read a book, understand the content but do very little visualising of the characters.  

maybe it's practice i need.  I know that people reading tarots will get a picture in their head but I never do.l I get a 'feeling' a 'surety' a 'sense of what is right' but no pictures. I would love to be able to have these visions but it doesnt seem to be in my makeup.

Gem

Post by Gem » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:50 pm

pamDemonium wrote:i really believe some people are better at visualising than others. I find it very difficult. I can read a book, understand the content but do very little visualising of the characters.  

maybe it's practice i need.  I know that people reading tarots will get a picture in their head but I never do.l I get a 'feeling' a 'surety' a 'sense of what is right' but no pictures. I would love to be able to have these visions but it doesnt seem to be in my makeup.
Hi, welcome to Mystic Board :)

If I was you I would try practising my visualisation technique with something much simpler. This is the idea..... Pick something you do everyday, something really simple that you probably don't even think about. Perhaps try and think of how you walk from your computer to the kitchen to get a drink, or from home to work or a friends's house. At first just remember the route you take, where you turn, which door you use etc, very simple at first.  Then get more deeper, try again this time imagine every step of the way, what you see, which route you take, where you have had experiences, perhaps meeting people on the way,  then add in some senses like seeing a butterfly or smelling freshly cut grass, or carrying a heavy bag of shopping or books.

It is much easier to begin visualisation without having to design or creat how thinks look. On a familiar journey you know what everything will look like and starting this way you can draw on your memory to fill in bits and peices. Then after some practice try and imagine meeting a stranger, what they might look like, their hair colour their clothes their gender etc, adding in how you feel and how they smell etc later on.

Within a short while your visualisation techniques will improve :)

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:19 pm

Meditation is about visualization.  But it can also use other senses as well.  Using exercises to improve your visualization is a start.  And then try for sound, smell or taste as your focus.

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:18 pm

Visualization is a trait of mind power.  Meditation is also a trait of mind power.  How we use our own consciousness is a measure of how successful we can be in our mind focus.  Meditation by definition means....to think upon.  To think is to use our mind.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:18 pm

[quote="spiritalk"]Visualization is a trait of mind power.  Meditation is also a trait of mind power.  How we use our own consciousness is a measure of how successful we can be in our mind focus.  Meditation by definition means....to think upon.  To think is to use our mind.[/quote]

Absolutely, ST! Without the mind and its abilities (or power as you chose to call it), no one is going anywhere :-)

Mind is the interface (I/O) that connects the brain and earthly reality with the Soul!

RR

Gothessa

I used visualisation when i got Cancer

Post by Gothessa » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:59 am

I got cancer about 4 years ago, in my colon and then in my liver. When the Doctor told me 4 years ago that I had cancer in my colon and that I had 50 % chanse to make it alive, I pictured my self fighting this cancer.
I dont know if you can call this visualisation but it helped me in growing strong, and able to keep a positive mind and heart.
Then I got cancer in my liver, and even though it was hard and tuff, I kept on keeping my positive mind and heart, and visualise my self fighting this and eat good, taking daily walks, smelling the nature and just feel good about being here on earth and alive.
I also learn how to make a lot of priorities, of what really is important to life and my goal of being here on earth.

Untill today I have not got any new cancer ore tumours and my positive thinking and visualisations is keeping me strong and healthy, at least I beleive that, and that it the most important for me!

Hugs
"if it doesn´t kill you it makes you stronger"

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:25 pm

That is a wonderful purpose for visualization.  And there have been some wonderful results in this health issue because of visualization.  It is focusing the mind on the reality of wellness and it works!

Rohiniranjan

Re: I used visualisation when i got Cancer

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:52 am

Dear Gothessa,

I speak from a point of ignorance and speculation, at this time -- because there are a few tumors and bumps and bruises maybe but no final pronouncements from the Doctors who know it all (!) or claim to anyway ;-)

Your experience was very uplifting to read and so directly real than pontifications from people who do not even have the courage or honesty to indicate their real physical ages as opposed to their identifying and reporting publicly how old they think their ego is! ;-)

Hang in there, because there was a YOU before the cancer and there will be a YOU after the cancer!

That YOU, you must never lose. And even if you do, there is nothing final! For most of us the Horizon is as far as we can see, BUT the horizon does not define what there is to be seen and experienced, for each of us!

Be well and I will think of you often...

Rohiniranjan

[quote="Gothessa"]I got cancer about 4 years ago, in my colon and then in my liver. When the Doctor told me 4 years ago that I had cancer in my colon and that I had 50 % chanse to make it alive, I pictured my self fighting this cancer.
I dont know if you can call this visualisation but it helped me in growing strong, and able to keep a positive mind and heart.
Then I got cancer in my liver, and even though it was hard and tuff, I kept on keeping my positive mind and heart, and visualise my self fighting this and eat good, taking daily walks, smelling the nature and just feel good about being here on earth and alive.
I also learn how to make a lot of priorities, of what really is important to life and my goal of being here on earth.

Untill today I have not got any new cancer ore tumours and my positive thinking and visualisations is keeping me strong and healthy, at least I beleive that, and that it the most important for me!

Hugs
"if it doesn´t kill you it makes you stronger"[/quote]

libellula

visualization

Post by libellula » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:48 am

hello!  i found some time to read and i found this subject interesting because i had no idea of what visualization was, but reading these, i feel that it is something i have always practiced.  i am constantly visualizing and i use it mainly to deal with programming myself and my job and family affairs.  before i go to bed i actually do visualize exactly what i will do when i wake up, how long it will take for me to do it, how i move and the exact things i should say and do.  i see what people will say to me and i even feel what they are feeling when they talk, which is very disappointing because when i am looking for an honest answer, the other is so frustrated that their hidden feelings have been caught they just keep on lieing and make things worse (maybe i'm wrong and they are frustrated because i want a different answer!  ha ha ha).  surely i don't know if this is all visualization that i am dealing with but i too have very very detailed dreams that have a story and meaning and could be films if i had the time to write them down!  i remember once being so much in love with my 3rd degree cousin (i had been since i first met him at age 9!) and when i found out we would be visiting him in a couple of days (i was 20 at the time) i closed my eyes and saw exactly what was going to happen.  i thought it was all just daydreaming romance, but strangely enough it all happened as i visualized.  
as i said in my intro, i should really start getting back in touch with all these "feelings" i have.

can anyone help me and tell me where to start?

bye and thanks to all!
daniela

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:24 pm

Check out my blog on the topic of tools of your own consciousness.  It is the place to start taking charge of all those feelings and sensitivities.  When we attune to the universe/God we use the body, mind, spirit as our instrument of manifestation.  When we do this, we need to understand and learn all we can about those functions within ourselves....then work to keep them in balance through the tools mentioned.

Gothessa

Re: I used visualisation when i got Cancer

Post by Gothessa » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:21 am

Thank you Rohiniranjan :-)
You have so right in your word. There is still ME and it will be for a very long time if I can Decide, and I can.
Today I have to rebuild all my Fysical strength since it was destroyed by all the poisiones kemoterapi. And I am getting stronger each day that passes.
I am here on earth, alive and well, and I am so gratefull and proud of my innerself, I never imagined It to be so strong and beautiful.

Hugs
Gothessa
rohiniranjan wrote:Dear Gothessa,

I speak from a point of ignorance and speculation, at this time -- because there are a few tumors and bumps and bruises maybe but no final pronouncements from the Doctors who know it all (!) or claim to anyway ;-)

Your experience was very uplifting to read and so directly real than pontifications from people who do not even have the courage or honesty to indicate their real physical ages as opposed to their identifying and reporting publicly how old they think their ego is! ;-)

Hang in there, because there was a YOU before the cancer and there will be a YOU after the cancer!

That YOU, you must never lose. And even if you do, there is nothing final! For most of us the Horizon is as far as we can see, BUT the horizon does not define what there is to be seen and experienced, for each of us!

Be well and I will think of you often...

Rohiniranjan

Return to “General Discussion”